Do you think Slash has begun to dislike Axl more?

ThinkAboutYou

Probably. Slash probably looks back at Axl being a fucken deceiving dictator by coercing him and Duff to sign the name over. It stopped being about friendship then and there. Also Axl's bullshit antics like the latestarts and cancelling shows would have pissed him off to no extent. In a way, Slash was smart for leaving that sinking ship. I mean, since Slash has left(15 years ago?), Guns N' Roses as an entity have put out one fucking album... One...

• Like 1

Probably. Slash probably looks back at Axl being a fucken deceiving dictator by coercing him and Duff to sign the name over. It stopped being about friendship then and there. Also Axl's bullshit antics like the latestarts and cancelling shows would have pissed him off to no extent. In a way, Slash was smart for leaving that sinking ship. I mean, since Slash has left(15 years ago?), Guns N' Roses as an entity have put out one fucking album... One...

LOL. He should learn to accept his own decisions if he's mad at Axl because he was stupid enough to sign over the name.

• Like 2

LOL. He should learn to accept his own decisions if he's mad at Axl because he was stupid enough to sign over the name.

I agree that it was Slash's own choice to sign the name over. But it was Axl who was a dictatorial jerk during his whole tenure in Guns N' Roses. Even before they were signed. The late starts, the no-shows, the cancelled shows. You are telling me you wouldn't be pissed off with your signer if he did that?

I agree that it was Slash's own choice to sign the name over. But it was Axl who was a dictatorial jerk during his whole tenure in Guns N' Roses. Even before they were signed. The late starts, the no-shows, the cancelled shows. You are telling me you wouldn't be pissed off with your signer if he did that?

I'm saying that if I was in the best band in the world, I never would have let it get to that point. Axl never would have been able to have a Guns without me. I am not a moron.

Well... On second thought, maybe I am. But not on Slash's level. :shrugs:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

It's a bit naive to think Slash genuinely has any regard for Axl. All the perceived "positivity" was geared towards getting Axl to briefly appear with old GNR at the HOF induction ceremony. That's probably all but evaporated and I think the notion of a GNR reunion couldn't be lower on Slash's list of prioritizes right now.

Edited by NGOG

I think some fans care more than Slash himself.

This.

Slash has turned the page guys. You may like or not the guy or his work now, when he looks back at Guns, he's not angry and he is respectful of Axl's work. He just doesn't want to deal with Guns stuff and talk about Axl cause it's always fucked up in the press. :lol:

Maybe Slash thinks sometimes about what the band could've been if Axl didn't become such a control freak, I guess he's frustrated if he thinks about it but I don't think he thinks about it a lot, and he seems very happy with Myles. Just an exemple, Slash was making a movie and wanted to make a song (Nothing Left To Fear), Myles gladly helped him to create the song and there you go, a song is created. With Axl it would've been a nightmare just to plan a rendez-vous to talk about the idea.

They're lifelong partners when it comes to GNR, so they're always going to be in each others lives.

I think Slash just wants Axl to be happy, which he seems to be now.

Axl has no real reason to talk to Slash, but it doesn't mean it'll never happen. Took Robbie Robertson to visit Levon Helm after 30-something years on his deathbed. Hopefully it doesn't happen that way and they can just get together and have dinner together and put the stuff said behind them.

I also think Axl likes the thought of the AFD lineup being preserved in its young, reckless, fucked up state for eternity, but I always see a reunion happening as a small, private thing among friends and family, even if some of those family members can't stand each other. It won't happen on public display.

I think Slash moved on, and just dont care. He is in a happy place compared to how Axl feels towards Slash.

Axl is Bret, Slash is HBK.

Wow, that's is really a great comparison in this case. Now, all we need is Axl to open up and call Slash, talk it out and hug it out, unexpectedly, and then they follow through, months later, with a documentary of a sit-down interview of them discussing everything in their lives with a mediator.

As Slash has stated numerous times, he signed over the name because he believed if the band were to break up it wouldn't matter who had the name.

Regardless of whether he was right or wrong in his decision to do so, in hindsight, he was absolutely right. Picture GNR circa 87-93. Then picture GNR 2001-2013.

Sure. The name has allowed Axl to sell out certain SA shows, but the majority's consensus is that GNR has been dead for a long, long time.

As Slash has stated numerous times, he signed over the name because he believed if the band were to break up it wouldn't matter who had the name.

Regardless of whether he was right or wrong in his decision to do so, in hindsight, he was absolutely right. Picture GNR circa 87-93. Then picture GNR 2001-2013.

Sure. The name has allowed Axl to sell out certain SA shows, but the majority's consensus is that GNR has been dead for a long, long time.

Apparently you don't realize where Slash is at. I'd love to let you live in the ignorant bliss that you currently enjoy, but reality beckons. Even at the height of VR, they never matched New Guns' touring numbers. They can have all the record sales (in 2004 vs 2008, Derp!) in the world, a band makes money off of touring. It's needless to even mention Slash's solo career in both record sales and touring, so I'll leave that humiliation alone.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Apparently you don't realize where Slash is at. I'd love to let you live in the ignorant bliss that you currently enjoy, but reality beckons. Even at the height of VR, they never matched New Guns' touring numbers. They can have all the record sales (in 2004 vs 2008, Derp!) in the world, a band makes money off of touring. It's needless to even mention Slash's solo career in both record sales and touring, so I'll leave that humiliation alone.

Actually, I realize exactly where Slash is. And from where I stand, he's done pretty damn well since his GNR days. I'm not a huge fan of the man's musical endeavors outside of GNR, but despite this, he's been ranked the #2 guitar player of all time, only behind Hendrix. He can make solo albums and have just about any singer that he wants to do guest spots. He's found some level of success in VR, and now he's producing films. He's Slash; probably the most distinct and popular guitar player of our time.

New GNR touring numbers are hit n miss, depending on how you wish to spin an argument. As I stated, Axl being able to call his tribute band GNR has allowed him to sell out certain markets at times, mainly outside of the US. I'm sure you'd rather that I not use the states as a benchmark -and for obvious reasons - but Axl now has to resort to "UCAP" shows and Vegas Residencies. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing great either. Sure, he can go back down to South America whenever he wishes and still pull decent numbers, but aside from that, what? He's done virtually nothing near what Slash has done to maintain relevancy, despite having the GNR umbrella to help him.

On topic, I think Slash would have loved to have went back to GNR sometime between 2005-2008. Since that time, I don't think he would want to even with the tempting reunion offers. Personally, I'm sure he thinks Axl is a lunatic and I believe when he says that he's over it. It's just not something he would want to revisit when considering Axl's ways.

Unfortunately, for someone like me who really loved the real GNR, it really blows that the situation is what it is.

Edited by BBA

Keep swinging on Axl's nuts.

• Like 1

I have never seen any evidence that Slash has a strong dislike for Axl. He's the one who's out there all the time playing music he likes, he's the one having mainstream success with VR and solo, he's the one who seems to have just moved on. Especially compared to Axl who rants and flips out over Slash t-shirts or Slash chants and writes a song like "Sorry".

And yes, that is considering that he doesn't want to be asked about Axl or GnR in every single interview. I imagine it must be extremely tiring and he just wants to focus on the present. That's not a matter of dislike, that's a matter of wanting to move on.

The people who WANT Slash to hate Axl the most, are the same people that spend the day swinging around on Axl's nuts. Because if Slash did hate Axl, they could all point and shout "See! It's all Slash's fault! He hates Axl!". Sorry guys, move on. Go read a book or something. Slash has an excellent biography out.

Edited by username

I have never seen any evidence that Slash has a strong dislike for Axl.

Perhaps you should listen to Slash's 2012 Howard Stern interview. When Howard stated to Slash "Axl really hates you", Slash responded by saying that he isn't overly fond of Axl, either.

I do think "hate" is a strong word, and I don't believe that Slash hates Axl, but I do believe when he says that he would rather not be associated with that situation. And who could blame him? Axl's press bashing of him in recent years, denying his own induction in to the RRHOF, not to mention the bizarre management scenario. I think up until 2009 or so, Slash had a definite interest in reconciling and taking part in a reunion, but now, I honestly believe that it isn't something that he thinks about much or has any interest in at all, really.

No question, I'm sure the payday involved must be lucrative for him, but I'm willing to bet that he sees the current "GNR" situation as bizarre as most people do do in the year 2013. I'd be genuinely surprised if he didn't.

You speak like you where there? I don't buy this dictator rumor that the old guys like to parade around.

Slash is obsessed with Axl,...first ending his shows with Paradise City (using the same confetti machine), Hires a guy that sounds like a dying cat thinking it sounds like Axl but it really doesn't, brings burgers to a talk show...what's next? :shrugs:

Edited by volcano62