Van Halen's David Lee Roth Plans Greatest Hits Package

Raz0r

(hennemusic) Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth will be releasing a new CD+DVD package, "Greatest Hits/The Deluxe Edition", that features his solo hits, on November 19.

The set will include songs and videos from releases "Crazy From The Heat", "Eat 'Em And Smile", "Skyscraper", "A Lil' Ain't Enough" and "Your Filthy Little Mouth."

Roth personally selected and sequenced the newly mastered songs and the videos for this collection. The CD will feature 16 tracks and the DVD will include 9 music videos. More details here: http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/10/van-halen-david-lee-roth-to-release.html

------------

I'm looking forward to this. I've never listened to any of DLR's solo albums, so this is going to be a great jumping on point for me. I loved the new VH that come out last year, so I'm kind of excited for this.

(hennemusic) Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth will be releasing a new CD+DVD package, "Greatest Hits/The Deluxe Edition", that features his solo hits, on November 19.

The set will include songs and videos from releases "Crazy From The Heat", "Eat 'Em And Smile", "Skyscraper", "A Lil' Ain't Enough" and "Your Filthy Little Mouth."

Roth personally selected and sequenced the newly mastered songs and the videos for this collection. The CD will feature 16 tracks and the DVD will include 9 music videos. More details here: http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/10/van-halen-david-lee-roth-to-release.html

------------

I'm looking forward to this. I've never listened to any of DLR's solo albums, so this is going to be a great jumping on point for me. I loved the new VH that come out last year, so I'm kind of excited for this.

We probably talked a lot about this at Evo, but I *LOVED* aDKoT as well.

Dave's solo material falls under "a time and a place" for me. Some of it is great party rock, but there's not a lot of it that lives up to his material with Halen IMO. As with moreblack, I'd probably say Eat 'Em And Smile is a good one but I always liked Your Filthy Little Mouth next.

------------

We probably talked a lot about this at Evo, but I *LOVED* aDKoT as well.

Dave's solo material falls under "a time and a place" for me. Some of it is great party rock, but there's not a lot of it that lives up to his material with Halen IMO. As with moreblack, I'd probably say Eat 'Em And Smile is a good one but I always liked Your Filthy Little Mouth next.

Hehe, we sure did. I remember telling you I would sing the chorus of you and your blue to my wife when she's on the rag. Lol

Funny you mention that you find some DLR stuff dated, that's exactly why I haven't given it a listen yet.

Edited by Raz0r
  • Like 1

I agree with Moreblack. "Eat em and smile" is my favorite. Ted Templeman produced it, he also produced the 1st 6 albums from Van Halen. There is some synth on it, but not on every song, as I recall. I think Dave's 2nd solo album had synth on everything. I did get to see him solo live in 88-89. Great show.