Has anyone been to the Guns n Roses Bar?

sword&tulipz

There is a GNR bar in Saigon, Vietnam. Has anyone here visited? I think they used to play GNR 24/7 before, but now they play all kinds of rock music.

gnr1.jpggnr2.jpg1231573_49c53ca902_m.jpg23756.jpg

I wish Axl would open a bar, but I wonder if they could stick to the opening hours...

Edited by sword&tulipz

I've always wanted to go to Nam and I knew Ho Chi Minh city had a GN'R bar (they've also got a nightclub called "Apocalypse Now," pretty neat.)

But really, outside of those couple of murals, it doesn't look like much of a Guns pub. I've seen unfurnished basements that looked cooler to drink in.

Description of bar:

Description

Guns 'N' Roses was opened in 1991 when the heavy metal band of the same name was still "hot". Murals of the band and of lead singer Axel still watch over the mixed local, traveler and expatriate clientele. Although it is a bar in tribute to Guns ‘N' Roses, the music shows some variety and songs from the 1980s and early 1990s prevail. The featured pool table can be used free of charge. The drinks are generally inexpensive. The staff is extremely friendly and speaks English very well.

Some more pics

2081004125_ca82c52a0f_b.jpg72093248_720ff675f6_o.jpg

There is a GNR bar in Saigon, Vietnam. Has anyone here visited? I think they used to play GNR 24/7 before, but now they play all kinds of rock music.

gnr1.jpg

the artist obviously didn't strive for photographic realism. must be impressionist or something...

I've been here!

2005. Great to see it's still there!

I remember having loads of pics taken lol! They were not playing GNR when i went in so i asked to get it on!

Think they fired up UYI2.

I had no idea it was there but just came across it one evening.

Awesome memories.

gnr1.jpg

the artist obviously didn't strive for photographic realism. must be impressionist or something...

I honestly couldn't tell you from looking at that what lineup it's even supposed to show. It almost looks like Izzy and Gilby were in the same band, but no Slash.

Edited by smoke

gnr1.jpg

I honestly couldn't tell you from looking at that what lineup it's even supposed to show. It almost looks like Izzy and Gilby were in the same band, but no Slash.

Their t shirt looks pretty amateurish too:

$(KGrHqF,!qcFC51U0uORBQ7r!ViuIg~~60_12.J

I've always wanted to go to Nam and I knew Ho Chi Minh city had a GN'R bar (they've also got a nightclub called "Apocalypse Now," pretty neat.)

But really, outside of those couple of murals, it doesn't look like much of a Guns pub. I've seen unfurnished basements that looked cooler to drink in.

You are probably right, but I would go if just for the inexpensive beer (it is located in the backpacker-area) and them playing some GNR songs

gnr1.jpg

all Americans must look the same for the painter :lol:

• Like 1

gnr1.jpg

From left to right. 2015 lineup: Joan Jett, Orianthi, Axl 2015 version, Tori Spelling on drums and Jack White.

Great lineup by the way.

• Like 2

gnr1.jpg

From left to right. 2015 lineup: Joan Jett, Orianthi, Axl 2015 version, Tori Spelling on drums and Jack White.

Great lineup by the way.

Lol, that's it! Orianthi is dead on, lol. I think you're off on Axl though as I looked and wondered why the guy from Sex And The City was singing lead.

John%20Corbett-JBA-000601.jpg

That said this place looks great, cool post!

Edited by axlskAmpf

Was in Saigon at the start of the year & can't believe I missed this!

However if anyone is in the region, Chang Mai in Thailand has a couple of fantastic rock bars with bands that play note-perfect gnr covers. In one place I tipped the band early in the evening and then they took requests all night. They even had a go at rocking up You Ain't the First for me. Fantastic night!

Was in Saigon at the start of the year & can't believe I missed this!

However if anyone is in the region, Chang Mai in Thailand has a couple of fantastic rock bars with bands that play note-perfect gnr covers. In one place I tipped the band early in the evening and then they took requests all night. They even had a go at rocking up You Ain't the First for me. Fantastic night!

There are lots of great cover bands in Asia. I think I will do as you did next time I go there and tip them to play GNR

gnr1.jpggnr2.jpg1231573_49c53ca902_m.jpg23756.jpg

I wish Axl would open a bar, but I wonder if they could stick to the opening hours...

Lol in the video the two dudes sooo fucked up :wow: