The Walking Shit (Season 4)

bacardimayne

I doubt the governor gets killed, but I was thinking the same thing about Hershel. The actor who plays him is going to be at the Dallas Frightmare 2014, so I'm thinking he'll be dead on the show and that's why he's attending. lol

I swear if they kill Rick, Carl, Daryl or Glenn, I'm going to be pissed.

I knew the governor was going to kill those guys. I actually thought he'd kill more people, but then I knew he wanted to again attack the prison. He's a stone cold killer. That guy he killed and is now a walker under the lake was just horrible. He's a sadistic son of a bitch.

I would love for him to die, but since he's a good villain, they'll probably keep him on.

I also think there's a spy or spies in the prison who are working for the governor. That's what I'm afraid of. When they are looking at him, someone will attack them from inside the prison. I really hope everyone is on their toes. I'm sure people are going to die. it's just the who that worries me.

I think Daryl should kill the governor since he made Meryl a walker. I think the governor is worse than he was last season.

I wish the Walking Dead had better writers. While Season 1 was one hell of a ride, I feel the show went off the rails around Season 2, with the boring farm episodes. I usually lurk around the oficial TWD forums and it's funny how people who bash the show are insulted by hardcore fans. Every thread bashing the show is pretty much like this:

A. This is boring.

B. Why? Not enough zombies for you? This is a show about people and not about zombies.

A. Yeah? Why is it called the Walking Dead then?

B. You must be a 10 year old if you don't get it. It's all about character development, not about zombies. Go watch Resident Evil if you want zombies in this zombie show.

A. Whatever...

The way I see it, the problem is that TWD has terrible writers. It's true that you don't need tons of violence to create a good show and that characters do need to be developed, but… the writing in TWD is not interesting, at all. It all feels like such a wasted opportunity.

Take Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones for instance.. great characters and even better writing. And Game Of Thrones has long scenes with people sitting around and talking… about crowns and swords and kingdoms and dragons… it could all be VERY corny and cheesy, but it's not. Why? Because of the writers. It's as if TWD writers didn't know what to do or where to go from here. Why didn't they just follow the comics? I've never read them, but I've read online that they're great. So why not follow them in the first place? Why take an original idea and change it around so much to the point where you're just fucking it all up? I don't know.

I guess it makes sense for people in a zombie apocalypse to stay in a single place and for random people to get together in groups and try to survive. Yes. It'd be stupid to be walking around all the time trying to get yourself killed. But the problem here is that the stories, the dialogues and the characters are not that interesting. It's hard to be emotionally invested in a show where you just want your main characters to die so that the plot can move forward. And I also think that killing Shane, is that how you spell it?, was a huge mistake. He added tension to the show. Now Rick, who has one of the best characters in Season 1, has become boring and sorta meaningless to the whole thing, imho.

I think this pic sums it all up.

29423942d37133ee87f66a4812ccd328-d5yu2ed

I've heard their budget was cut in half when Season 2 started and that one of the main script writers quit or was fired… which, if true, would explain why the show now feels like a Mexican sopa opera with your occasional zombie.

And am I the only one who feels that the zombies are not much of a threat now? In Season 1 and maybe until the midseason break in Season 2, I thought the zombies were really scary and a real threat. Like, you felt a sense of danger whenever one would show up on screen. It was like OMG !!! Run! They're gonna kill you! Run! But now, or ever since they learned how to deal with the zombies, they're no longer threatening, except for those rare occasions when the script requires zombies to be a threat because a character has to die, usually a new character. Other than that, the zombies are easily killed.

For instance, the scenes where the prison guys kill the zombies at the fence are boring. They're so easily killed that… I don't know, what's the point? Shouldn't zombies still feel like a threat in a show about surviving after a zombie apocalypse? If the zombies were still a real threat, I think we'd all feel more tension watching this show and that could only help make TWD more interesting and worth watching.

There's something wrong with your zombie show when your zombies are so easy to kill. I don't know.

I keep watchin it though… yeah… because I like zombies. Zombies are awesome, but I really hate the characters… except for The Governor and the redneck, whose name I can't remember right now. Even the Chinese guy has become a boring character.

People talk and talk and talk. And talking is not the problem, the problem is that the conversations and not that interesting to begin with. And don't get me started on the obvious zombie fodder… new characters are introduced and killed in the same episode. Is this supposed to make us, the audience, feel that anyone can die? well, that's a poor attempt at tension and suspense. Because it's obvious that:

A. Hi. I'm the new guy in town. Can I join you guys?

Rick. Sure.

A. Gee Thanks !

Rick. No problem. Can you go on a supply run with one of our black characters?

A. Sure. Can I get a gun?

Rick. No. No guns. Guns kill.

A. Ok.

(zombies kill new guy and the black character).

Rick. Man I miss Lori.

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

^^^^^ yeah exactly, well put.

when they do kill a "main character" they kill one they piss poorly wrote and fans will not care if they die (andrea) or they kill someone who has been around a while for people to somewhat feel their loss(dale) but they never touch the central group. killing daryl would change that, yet they will not kill him until the show is about to end or the ratings go into the toilet.

the other big problem is how the story and how the plot just drags, especially compared to the comics. the farm from season 2 should have never taken as long as it did and the prison arc has been an utter disappointment. it did not need 20 something episodes to complete. this season the whole flu outbreak storyline was half assed and the governor's return was horrible.

the reason why the prison has gone on and on is that amc spent money on the prison set, and they wanted to milk it for all it was worth.

Oh crap, I hope not.

I think some people in the prison will die, but I really hope they kill the governor.

If they don't then make him and his people take over the prison and make Rick and whoever the hell is left alive leave or stay under his rule.

Otherwise, what is the point of having the governor escape again because this time you know Rick and Daryl and the others will have to go out and hunt him down and kill him.

If they kill off most of the people in the prison, that would be the end of the show because who would be left to give a shit about?

I think the men with the governor are going to turn and run, but I still say he has people who are with him in the prison, so Rick and the others better watch their backs.

Edited by Val22

Oh crap, I hope not.

I think some people in the prison will die, but I really hope they kill the governor.

If they don't then make him and his people take over the prison and make Rick and whoever the hell is left alive leave or stay under his rule.

Otherwise, what is the point of having the governor escape again because this time you know Rick and Daryl and the others will have to go out and hunt him down and kill him.

If they kill off most of the people in the prison, that would be the end of the show because who would be left to give a shit about?

I think the men with the governor are going to turn and run, but I still say he has people who are with him in the prison, so Rick and the others better watch their backs.

That's exactly the thing. I don't care about any of the protagonists. They aren't interesting at all as characters. If they all died I wouldn't care in the slightest. The governor on the other hand is the most interesting character on the show. Can you imagine if he dies and the new villain is shit?

If the show is good, these people will die:

Daryl

Hershel (gives up and just lets the gov execute him after witnessing the death of his child(ren))

Beth

Judith

Maggie

Governor (killed by his girlfriend when she realizes what a cunt he is)

Who will actually die because this show is an assload of shit:

Redshirts

Hershel (has a forced, final "badass" moment that's completely out of character before being killed)

The Governor (killed by Michonne with her le epic samurai sword because she's a beautiful strong black woman who don't need no man)

Edited by bacardimayne

Sometimes I've wondered if the TWD writers have really no idea what to do with the story. Like, they have a general idea of what to do, a blurry sketch if you will, but they keep changing things and rewriting and arguing over what should happen depending on how the Internet reacts and what the so called hardcore fans are into.

I got a totally different feeling when watching Breaking Bad. I got the impresión that the script writers had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen and why.

Otherwise I don't understand the random zombie fodder characters, the never-ending prison episodes, which unfortunately remind me way too much of the farm episodes.

Besides, here are a couple of questions I have:

1. If this is a zombie apocalypse and it's been, what?, a year since the shit hit the fan, well, shouldn't some of these characters have lost some serious weight? I know there's got to be a lot of shelf-stable food all over the place, but when you look at the characters, it's as if they're all eating three nourishing square meals every day, which I doubt or which shouldn't be the case after the shit has hit the fan. You'd think some of them would've lost a least a few pounds by now. Watch Season 1 and compare the way the looked back then with the way they look now… almost no changes. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I don't know.

2. What about their hairstyles? Is there an overexpensive hair saloon somewhere near the prison? Who the hell does Carol's hair? I mean… let's see, it's been over a year or almost a year, there are no hair dressers inside the prison that we know of, so… we must assume they're all doing their own hair or cutting their own hair, shouldn't that reflect on what their hairstyle is like? I know I'd do a terrible job.

All I'm saying is that the fact that the world is no longer what it is and the fact that they can't possibly be eating as much or as healthy as they used to, that should somehow show, don't you think? At least it'd all add to the illusion of the world no longer being what it once was. I guess.

3. more to come XD

The two Governor episodes were good.

Here's a summary of everything that happened up until them:

-A deadly flu started going around the prison

-Many redshirts died

-Carol banished from the group for killing sick people to keep the group safe

Download the two Governor episodes, watch them quick, and watch the mid-finale tonight. Looks pretty good.

Edited by bacardimayne

I'm getting anxious about watching tonight's show.

They interviewed the actor who plays Tyrese and he said people's jaws are going to drop.

If they kill Daryl that would suck big time, since I love Norman Reedus. I actually wouldn't like if any of the prison people die. I've grown to like them all very much. They've gone through so much shit and to die because the governor is crazy again is just not right. But it's a suck world they have to live in now.

If the governor gets away and there are survivors like Rick and Daryl and especially Michonne, they have no choice but to go out there and find him and kill him.

I'm hoping the people with him will realize how nuts he is and either kill him and run or just run.

I'm also still worried about someone in the prison now still working for the governor and are ready to ambush Rick and the rest when they're focused on the governor.

I wonder if that tank really works?

Anyway, I'm sure tonight's mid season finale ( a new word every tv show is using now) will be killer.

TWD doesn't return until February, so it's going to be a very long two months.

As for another villain, please I'm sure there's some other crazy mo fo out there just waiting to a chance to attack the prison too.

In this new terrible world, there's no shortage of crazies out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMxa4199bRA

Strange to hear Rick speaking with his natural English accent.

Oh wow. I didn't realise he was British. Maybe it's my own bias coming out but he sounds a lot cooler with his normal accent. It's awesome how he can put it on though, I really had no idea.

Rick, Andrea, Maggie and the Governor are all played by Brits. With Rick it's painfully obvious whenever he has to show any emotion and it really ruins the immersion (lol).

See above. I didn't realise he wasn't American at all. I guess you're more likely to notice that sort of thing than me though.

I'll admit the "Daryl moments" in this episode were pretty cool.

My only complaints:

-It was kinda ridiculous how the Governor's group just ignored Michonne and let her crawl away.

-Michonne saves Rick and then what? Just disappears? Why did she split up from Rick and Carl? I understand why she would, I just wish they'd have clarified it.

-The lead-up to Rick and Carl retreating was really neutered from what it was in the comics. In the comics, the entire Grimes family (Lori included) was retreating from the prison while the Governor's men were raining down fire on them. While they're running, Rick turns around and actually watches his wife and infant daughter get shot. He and Carl just keep running, while still being shot at, through a horde of zombies. Here, it was only Judith (as opposed to Judith and Lori), they didn't see it happen (understandable), they were no longer in danger (from the Governor's men at least), they knew the Governor was dead (in the comics, they were left under the impression that the Governor would take the prison and get away with it) and they didn't have to run through a horde of zombies. It seems like they just threw that final shot in there just to do it, but failing to set it up.

That said, it still served well as a mid-season finale. I'm interested to see where they go with the split-up group. I wonder if they'll go the "three plots at once" route again. It didn't work too well with two plots in Season 3. Whose group will inevitably find Carol and let her back in? I'm betting on Daryl's.

Edited by bacardimayne

Have to say I was very happy with the mid season ending.............they finally got out of that prison which had run its course and some surprising deaths this week..thought they would keep the Governor alive a little longer as a continuing threat but his death was done well IMHO..

Look forward to seeing how the plot develops from here..............