The Walking Shit (Season 4)

bacardimayne

Any ideas on who is feeding the walkers and who burned the bodies?

I still can't remember or identify anyone who hasn't been around since S2 (bar Michonne) five seconds after they're offscreen, so I'm going with the newly Sarah Connorized Carol for the burning. Alas, it's probably not though.

Good call!

I'm with Lith though, she's getting way too much airtime lately.

No way she's gone for good. Daryl will not accept that! :lol: Carol is one of the few characters to actually develop on the show (which is especially relevant given this shows proud history of dismal females). I know people aren't used to non babeing women getting a lot of air time on television, but isn't anyone else enjoying this storyline? What she did was highly questionable, but she's showing far better leadership skills this year than Rick (not that that's much of an achievement), and that's why he booted her. The fallout will be interesting.

Edited by Angelica

The crazy emo girl killed the two people. She was upset about glasses guy.

Carol is taking the blame. Sophia.

She was teaching the kids to kill and now it has come to haunt her.

I don't think that's what happened.

Anyway, anyone think Carol is actually gone for good?

No I think somehow Carol will be back. I know the governor is out there just waiting for his chance. Also, that virus must be everywhere since some of the zombies are different and you can see that they died from the virus and not being bit.

I think this is the most disturbing season yet since the survivors are battling a real illness and the zombies too. It is showing what a horrible world they are living in now.

I hope that Glenn doesn't die. I like him. I think if Tyrese's sister dies, he'll go after Carol.

Did anyone notice, how Rick kept looking in his car mirror. I wondered if he was hoping Carol would follow him or not?

My ex-boyfriend lives very close to the filming site in Newnan Ga for the show and a few of his friends are extras on the set.

They are already filming new episodes. I've never watched the show and don't get it's appeal.

I've got a picture from the set taken by a friend of his and will post it when I save it to my computer and upload it to photobucket.

So how closely does the show follow the plot of the comic books?

not very closely. there is a lot of the same characters and they touch on some of the locations(atlanta,hershels farm,the prison) some locations in the comics are briefly touched on in the show, one place is the wiltshire estates. in the comics it is an important place where alot of plots started and where tyreese and rick's friendship really began. in the show it was briefly seen(the episode where andrea and shane go looking for sophia)

some characters do not exist in the comics that exist in the show(daryl/merle/sasha/t dog and a billion others are not in the comics)

how/when characters are introduced are completely different. for instance tyreese in the comics joins ricks group before they reach hershel's farm.

some characters die at different times or not at all. in the comics andrea/sophia are still alive. dale doesnt die until after the prison arc etc.

the prison arc is where the show really started going away from the comics.the first 2 seasons followed the comics much more closely(still with major differences)

the prison arc outside of the woodbury vs prison focus of the third season is extremely different than the show.

Edited by bran

I don't know what's wrong with you guys. Yeah, her character developed - from shit to shittier. What an awful and useless character. I hope she's gone for good so she doesn't end up ruining more shit for the rest of the group.

I don't dislike her as much as you do, but she's certainly not my favorite character. I didn't find her transformation from a battered and meek weepy rag to a knife wielding brain stabbing bad ass all that believable. Personally I hope we won't have to see her again for awhile.

not very closely. there is a lot of the same characters and they touch on some of the locations(atlanta,hershels farm,the prison) some locations in the comics are briefly touched on in the show, one place is the wiltshire estates. in the comics it is an important place where alot of plots started and where tyreese and rick's friendship really began. in the show it was briefly seen(the episode where andrea and shane go looking for sophia)

some characters do not exist in the comics that exist in the show(daryl/merle/sasha/t dog and a billion others are not in the comics)

how/when characters are introduced are completely different. for instance tyreese in the comics joins ricks group before they reach hershel's farm.

some characters die at different times or not at all. in the comics andrea/sophia are still alive. dale doesnt die until after the prison arc etc.

the prison arc is where the show really started going away from the comics.the first 2 seasons followed the comics much more closely(still with major differences)

the prison arc outside of the woodbury vs prison focus of the third season is extremely different than the show.

Thanks mate....I like the show but I think they need some new twists to the story as it is getting a little repetitive for me..........

Thanks mate....I like the show but I think they need some new twists to the story as it is getting a little repetitive for me..........

i think a lot of it is the coming back to the prison where the war between woodbury vs the prison was built up so big just to have it fizzle in the finale.

i dont want to go on any further since i do not want to spoil the show since i think what happens in the comics will eventually happen in the show :lol:

I don't know what's wrong with you guys. Yeah, her character developed - from shit to shittier. What an awful and useless character. I hope she's gone for good so she doesn't end up ruining more shit for the rest of the group.

I don't dislike her as much as you do, but she's certainly not my favorite character. I didn't find her transformation from a battered and meek weepy rag to a knife wielding brain stabbing bad ass all that believable. Personally I hope we won't have to see her again for awhile.

HEY. Let's see any of you go through what she went through, (loss of daughter) seen what she's seen. Will see how hardened you become. ;)

When the zombie apocalypse arrives, the women in the group I will be in charge of will be responsible for the children. They will also be responsible for keeping whatever house/mall/building we set up camp in nice, tidy and organized, as well as preparing two or three protein-rich meals for me every day. The attractive ones will be responsible for re-populating the earth with me, while the old, fat and ugly ones will be used as zombie-bait if there is no other use for them. Let's put it this way - if the short haired woman was in my group, she would have been thrown to the walkers before a week had passed.

Edited by Lithium

I don't get all the grief this show is getting in this thread, especially the stuff where people are complaining about production values (it looks just fine to me) and lack of character development (there have been some emotional/touching scenes in my opinion). I see the film as less about surviving endless waves of zombies and more like the different situations that people find themselves in, trying to make a life out of something so hopeless.

• Like 1

I don't get all the grief this show is getting in this thread, especially the stuff where people are complaining about production values (it looks just fine to me) and lack of character development (there have been some emotional/touching scenes in my opinion). I see the film as less about surviving endless waves of zombies and more like the different situations that people find themselves in, trying to make a life out of something so hopeless.

I agree, my only issue with the show so far is the virus storyline and that's not due to its plausibility but more because it's not that interesting. This arc seems to be ending though after this episode so hopefully we can get back to the good stuff with The Governor.

Also good to see Rick and Carl shred those walkers at the end. It was gonna happen after a while.

• Like 1

Yeah it really isn't that bad, I think a lot of the hate it gets is mostly just back lash against it's success mixed with the fading of the "zombie fad" over the last few years. It's no longer cool to like a show that is so widely popular, about zombies, and after a while seeing it brought up over and over again in social media by the same people does get annoying, not to mention the way AMC promotes it with lame gimmicky ipad app bullshit. Don't even get me started on "The Talking Dead" and that douche Chris Hardwick... ugh

I think its fair to say the show is very overrated, but definitely not as awful as some like to make it out. For all of its faults it's still worth tuning into on Sunday night, so far I'd say this has been the best season since the first one, last nights episode was awesome. Season 2 and 3 were just way too slow.

Edited by sweetness