True Romance (1993)

Crimson Tide (1995)

Enemy of the State (1998)

Spy Game (2001)

Man on Fire (2004)

Déjà Vu (2006)

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009)

Unstoppable (2010)

True Romance or Last Boy Scout for me. Beverly Hills Cop 2 is classic though. Man On Fire was badass.

Ah, none?

Okay, The Hunger (if that's the vampire one with Bowie in it)...this guy has been responsible for a lot of turd movies.

Hes actually really good technically at all the camera work, foreground, middle ground, background. Even in Beverly hills cop. Very skilled director. But yeah a bit shallow in twrms of scripts stories. Kick ass movie maker though.

Ah, none?

Okay, The Hunger (if that's the vampire one with Bowie in it)...this guy has been responsible for a lot of turd movies.

Hes actually really good technically at all the camera work, foreground, middle ground, background. Even in Beverly hills cop. Very skilled director. But yeah a bit shallow in twrms of scripts stories. Kick ass movie maker though.

He was definitely the epitome of style over substance. I always felt extremely empty after watching one of his movies, which was a shame because you're right, he was a total whiz behind the camera and aesthetically, had so much natural talent.

The only time he applied that talent to an intelligent script was Enemy of the State, and it surprisingly worked. I really started to dislike him when he started to push the boundaries of over saturated color rendering, schizophrenic editing and motion trails. All of which can be seen in his last five films or so. It was like he was trying to out-bay Bay.

I think he made realky good thrillers towards the end. All his Denzel movies rock, its more about the characters resolution. Theres so many others who cant make an exciting thriller.

Ridley was more the philosphoitcal ones.

Edited by wasted

I'd have to vote for The Last Boy Scout. So many great one liners in that one.

It's almost like a Die Hard spin off.

"Do that again and I'll kill you."

What did Bruce ask his wife? An accident, what he slipped and accidentally put his dick in you? Great movie.

True Romance, BH Cop II, Days of Thunder are all classics.

Man on Fire is probably my top one. The dude was on fire for real. I seriously could have choked up at the end. Denzel delivers another top notch performance.