hey Marc, a couple of Slash/Duff/Gilby questions thanks!

Well that´s not what Axl said in a 1992 interview with RIP Magazine. Del James did that one. At one point Del says that Matt told him he felt like a GN´R member. And Axl said something like it would be nice for Matt not to feel that way because GN´R was only himself, Slash and Duff.

And if you own Live Era, read all the credits. Both Gilby and Matt are mentioned as "aditional musicians"

Fans might love Sorum. And they may love to see Matt in an eventual reunion. But for Axl, Matt was just a replacement.

(from Chinese Whispers)

"A few months before [Live Era's] release, Sorum was quoted expressing his concern that Rose was 'being taken advantage of' by hippy healers he visited in Arizona." (Q Magazine, 05/01)

"Axl got metaphysical and started spending a lot of time in Sedona, Arizona. These people were taking advantage of a guy with millions to blow on lunacy." (Matt Sorum, Spin, 07/99)
"Rose made no public reply, but when Sorum saw a proof of the album sleeve, his heart sank: he was listed only as an 'additional musician.'" (Q Magazine, 05/01)
"'Additional musician? Suddenly I'm the tambourine player,' he said, angrily." (Matt Sorum, The Times, 03/18/05)
'That hurt', he says. 'It was the biggest dig he ever took at me. But Axl said he wouldn't release the album if it was changed. That's how spiteful he got. I didn't mean what I said badly. I felt sorry for him.'" (Q Magazine, 05/01)

"'Additional musician? Suddenly I'm the tambourine player,' he said, angrily." (Matt Sorum, The Times, 03/18/05)

I did get a laugh watching Matt play tambourine during "Paradise City" at the RNRHOF, this quote popped into my head.

"He (Matt) saved the band" (Axl on "MTV Famous Last Words" August 1990)

he also said in some interview that 'Matt is an incredible drummer', saying he will have one of the major roles on the next album where he is expected to explode, not sure the word order, but pretty much remember he said 'explode'...

interview was recently dug over at heretoday forum. words not used for someone who you don't consider a band member or you don't count on beyond the tour.

needless to say Matt is considered as band member on the UYI's and TSI, so that prety much brings the conclusion.

Edited by shotsfired cro

I don't know who Slash valued more. As far as Post Matt drummers, I'm pretty sure that Axl was happy with all of them.

Speaking of drummers. According to Duff and Slash books (mostly Slash) It seems Steven was the only one who had what it takes to confront Axl. And because of that their relationship never went smoothy from the begining. Was that the case?

Steven used to talk without thinking so yes he did speak his mind to Axl if he didn't agree with something that was going on.

I don't know who Slash valued more. As far as Post Matt drummers, I'm pretty sure that Axl was happy with all of them.

Speaking of drummers. According to Duff and Slash books (mostly Slash) It seems Steven was the only one who had what it takes to confront Axl. And because of that their relationship never went smoothy from the begining. Was that the case?

Steven used to talk without thinking so yes he did speak his mind to Axl if he didn't agree with something that was going on.

It didn't seem like Steven would run from a fight if he was pushing Axl's buttons.