Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I miss the days when a band would walk into the studio and just do five or six takes of each song live, a few over dubs and the record was out in the summer. Then again, the 70's were a long time ago... Also, why the fuck would Slash have that dude check out the tones for him? I thought Slash knew what to do with his fucking amps! After all he is Slash!

I miss the days when a band would walk into the studio and just do five or six takes of each song live, a few over dubs and the record was out in the summer. Then again, the 70's were a long time ago... Also, why the fuck would Slash have that dude check out the tones for him? I thought Slash knew what to do with his fucking amps! After all he is Slash!

I could surmise, that it may help the producer to play Slash's rig in order to help keep his tone intact during post-production. A lot of people don't realize that post-production (ie, mixing and mastering) significantly can alter a guitar tone. There's a decent amount of reasons why a producer might do this, and it depends how involved in the song mechanics a producer is, but we don't need to overcomplicate this thread with conjecture about the producer is making certain choices (unless we had more info regarding those choices, that is).

• Like 1

Promising stuff on there! I really think this will be a lot better than Slash and Apocalyptic Love (although I love those two albums). It seems the band has found a groove together and this being their second record will mean they found more room to grow together.

I saw Brent at an after show for a Slash gig in 2012. I regret not going up to him, he seems like a cool guy!

I like the riff in the end. Was hoping to hear Myles, but this episode gives me even more confidence in Baskette's abilities with Slash as a producer. Even the comment Slash made about not doing it like this with the guitars for a long time is kinda cool cause it gives me the impression a little more care went into this record and maybe that's just the influence of the producer and just the confidence you get after doing a record and touring your ass off with your band. I just hope Slash can deliver a record with some artistic weight this time around, and if not you're still going to probably get 2 or 3 great songs with mostly awesome solos and riffs. I just want to hear it already.

Edited by Rovim

I like the riff in the end. Was hoping to hear Myles, but this episode gives me even more confidence in Baskette's abilities with Slash as a producer. Even the comment Slash made about not doing it like this with the guitars for a long time is kinda cool cause it gives me the impression a little more care went into this record and maybe that's just the influence of the producer and just the confidence you get after doing a record and touring your ass off with your band. I just hope Slash can deliver a record with some artistic weight this time around, and if not you're still going to probably get 2 or 3 great songs with mostly awesome solos and riffs. I just want to hear it already.

Agree w what you say about baskette, glad slash made a change! it seems like this record he's putting a bt more effort into it and I think he's got baskette pushing/encouraging him to, and if the evolution of AB is any indication, good stuff awaits us!

Its kinda cool seeing Slash search through all these tones in his head - he's come a long way from the 20-odd year old that was often quoted as saying 'just plug the fucker in' when asked about his guitar tone.

I do hope that some of the mix captures his old instantly recognisable sound. That warm buttery Les Paul sound suited his style of solo'ing so well. Give In To Me is a great example

LA