Why are so many rap threads on this forum?

Crash Diet

why?

this is a forum for a rock band

I know that this section is for all other bands/artists/genres, but seriously...

Because people like many different genre's of music and rap tends to be popular with many people.

I see you "changed" your name.

I asked HV to do it yeah. I meant to have it like that years ago and just never got around to it.

it's because it's music and you don't have only listen to music that you identify with. If that was the case everyone would like 3 bands. Other than that rap was more exciting than rock. And comapring Public Enemy to RATM, you'd say PE is much easier to listen to, it might be about something but it's much more fun. I guess kids don't think they just get AFD and Straight Outta Compton but they like in Slough or Hanover. How that translates...it must either be identification or escapism?

• Like 1

a lot of music fans in general seem to despise GN'R. i never really understood it personally, but i do think part of it falls on the fact that they hold a pop culture perception as a band that was cool at first, blew up and imploded and axl has a bad image as as asshole. so people just like to bag on them. it sucks because to me they're one of the top rock bands ever in the grand scheme of things, up there with the who, the stones, the beatles, etc.

There is a percentage of rockers that are "100% rockers" in the sense that they don't listen and despise any other kind of music. I can't be the only one who has noticed this, right? It's not the majoirty but they exist. And I think these people are not the kind of people that have GNR as their favourite band (if they even like it). So my reply was thinking in that. Why so many threads about rap? Because it's a GNR board, i.e. a more varied audience. I have the impression that if it was a forum about other rock band, maybe it wouldn't be so much fans of rap or other styles.

But yes, you're right ER. The thing with Guns is that the kind of rockers I mentioned didn't respect it because there were even teenage girls loving the band. But at the same time they were too rockish for the general audience. Therefore, a lot of dislike for Guns coming from everywhere. And here we are, a bunch of weirdos talking about it all day long.

• Like 1