Why are so many rap threads on this forum?

Crash Diet

Because a lot of people who've been posting on this forum or been GNR fans for a while have moved on from 80s rock. Startling concept huh?

then why posting on a GNR forum if you move on to rap? btw i'm sure there are posters here who also moved on from 80's rock, but don't like rap so much

• Like 1

Because a lot of people who've been posting on this forum or been GNR fans for a while have moved on from 80s rock. Startling concept huh?

then why posting on a GNR forum if you move on to rap? btw i'm sure there are posters here who also moved on from 80's rock, but don't like rap so much

Because I'm still somewhat sentimental towards gnr and I enjoy the community here? Why in the blue fuck do you care what kind of music people talk about in the music section anyway? Stick to posting in dadrock threads if that's what tickles your fancy.

I saw a Kansas thread the other day, maybe that's more your thing. :)

Exactly. I never was into 80's rock even back when I grew up in the 80's but I'd take it over rap any day of the week.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Because I'm still somewhat sentimental towards gnr and I enjoy the community here? Why in the blue fuck do you care what kind of music people talk about in the music section anyway? Stick to posting in dadrock threads if that's what tickles your fancy.

because Randy Lahey spamming rap topics the my world section

I'm not really into the "dadrock" genre, but at least that's music, unlike your favourite autotune artist. Your childish rebellion attitude towards older/classic rock bands shows how immature and elitist posters take over this forums my world section

PS: i don't like Kansas at all

Edited by Crash Diet

because Randy Lahey spamming rap topics the my world section

I'm not really into the "dadrock" genre, but at least that's music, unlike your favourite autotune artist. Your childish rebellion attitude towards older/classic rock bands shows how immature and elitist posters take over this forums my world section

PS: i don't like Kansas at all

Hey, I'm not the one who's literally complaining about people making threads about a certain type of music in the music section. If you don't like it, either come into the thread and say so or shut the fuck up.

I always found odd that people laugh at you when you talk about AC/DC on a forum about a rock band but I think GNR is the typical rock band that rockers don't like or at least that has a wider audience.

They were popular everywhere, they sounded on the radio, they were on MTV and Axl was cute. So there you go.

And I don't understand rap.

I like Rock, Rap, Some Grunge, Blues, Classical, etc. basicly all kinds of music. I like talking about it.

Why mind Rap threads? You can make your own for other bands OP, if you want more threads about rock.

Why do you think Rock and Rap are so far apart OP, that most Rock fans can't love both?

why?

this is a forum for a rock band

I know that this section is for all other bands/artists/genres, but seriously...

Aren't most to all of those threads in the "Anything Goes" music section?

Are you such an ass, that you think all GNR fans listen to rock?

I always found odd that people laugh at you when you talk about AC/DC on a forum about a rock band but I think GNR is the typical rock band that rockers don't like or at least that has a wider audience.

They were popular everywhere, they sounded on the radio, they were on MTV and Axl was cute. So there you go.

a lot of music fans in general seem to despise GN'R. i never really understood it personally, but i do think part of it falls on the fact that they hold a pop culture perception as a band that was cool at first, blew up and imploded and axl has a bad image as as asshole. so people just like to bag on them. it sucks because to me they're one of the top rock bands ever in the grand scheme of things, up there with the who, the stones, the beatles, etc.

as for this topic's question: rap's been around so long that i didn't even think many people still harbored "rap=crap" type opinions. hip-hop isn't really the "new genre" that's cool to bag on anymore. i'd say dubstep currently holds that status. rap is pretty much established, it's been around for decades now and has gotten so mixed in with other genres and mainstream pop music that trying to categorize and shit seems pointless. it's unavoidable and it's everywhere so of course there are gonna be discussions here.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

a lot of music fans in general seem to despise GN'R. i never really understood it personally, but i do think part of it falls on the fact that they hold a pop culture perception as a band that was cool at first, blew up and imploded and axl has a bad image as as asshole. so people just like to bag on them. it sucks because to me they're one of the top rock bands ever in the grand scheme of things, up there with the who, the stones, the beatles, etc.

Also, where Guns n Roses may have been cool, they were never cool among cool people, which is the same not being cool :lol:

Why? Can't you like more than one kind of music?

You missed my point

I like some rappers too, btw

why?

this is a forum for a rock band

I know that this section is for all other bands/artists/genres, but seriously...

Aren't most to all of those threads in the "Anything Goes" music section?

Are you such an ass, that you think all GNR fans listen to rock?

Nope

I'm just saying i doN't understand the hype about rap music on a GNR forum

This is a real thread, right?

yes

and finally a mod (ER) gave me a honest and thoughtfull reply, unlike you