If you spend every day of the rest of your life online arguing for new music, and no new music ever comes, will you have wasted your life?

CoolRanchDressing

Everyone has a favourite waste of time. This is currently mine, I could watch some crap tv but this is actually more entertaining and I am kind of communicating with real people in a roundabout way. I like that I get to know people from other countries albeit behind a screen persona, broadens your horizons slightly more than watching reruns of Friends.

• Like 1

Everyone has a favourite waste of time. This is currently mine, I could watch some crap tv but this is actually more entertaining and I am kind of communicating with real people in a roundabout way. I like that I get to know people from other countries albeit behind a screen persona, broadens your horizons slightly more than watching reruns of Friends.

I guess you're right about Fat Axl & the NuGNR being marginally less depressing than reruns of Friends. Never thought of it that way before.

If no new music ever comes out? Good one.

New music will only become available via leaks. It's clear Axl won't release another album. He wasn't man enough to simply admit that, so he chose the nice "Definitly maybe" term, which means "Never" for non-delusional people.

Sure, it's a waste of time. Being Axl's online defense force is even worse, since you guys can't even have fun with the situation.

Maybe it would be better to enjoy what music we have rather than crying and moaning about new music we may never get.

Maybe we should all just spin riad and reflect on how amazingly blessed we already are

I personally feel we should continue to gripe about things that went down in the mid-90s. Just seems healthier than talking about the future.

I always wonder how people would regard GN'R now if they had released one album a year since TSI. Would we now regard them like loveable rogues, Status Quo?

In many ways, the whole Chinese Democracy saga has kept them 'young' in are minds and hearts, which is why I think Axl gets alot of unfair criticism sometimes, because we expect more of him because we forget his age and how long Guns have been going

I always wonder how people would regard GN'R now if they had released one album a year since TSI. Would we now regard them like loveable rogues, Status Quo?

In many ways, the whole Chinese Democracy saga has kept them 'young' in are minds and hearts, which is why I think Axl gets alot of unfair criticism sometimes, because we expect more of him because we forget his age and how long Guns have been going

Wouldn't you agree that the general perception of Axl and his version of GnR would be much more positive now if he would have simply operated GnR like a normal band?

Not an album every year, but let's say he put out one every 3-4 years? And if he did a couple mainstream interviews every year?

Imagine from 1999-2013

4 albums

1 live album

1 greatest hits album (with 2 new songs)

Interviews with all the major publications

Axl does that and the majority of the negativity goes away.

Wouldn't you agree that the general perception of Axl and his version of GnR would be much more positive now if he would have simply operated GnR like a normal band?

Not an album every year, but let's say he put out one every 3-4 years? And if he did a couple mainstream interviews every year?

Imagine from 1999-2013

4 albums

1 live album

Yep.

Instead, he does none of that stuff, and we are simply told "eh, you'd still complain even if he did all that stuff."

Its maddening.

Imagine from 1999-2013

4 albums

1 live album

It is hard to know. You see with alot of bands that they disappear into obscurity very quickly. Coldplay released a new album this year. I am not a huge fan, but a few years back they were everywhere. I only found out they had released a new album on a quiz I watched the other day

Guns' not releasing Chinese Democracy, although not fun times, it did keep them in the news and it kept people interested

Imagine from 1999-2013

4 albums

1 live album

It is hard to know. You see with alot of bands that they disappear into obscurity very quickly. Coldplay released a new album this year. I am not a huge fan, but a few years back they were everywhere. I only found out they had released a new album on a quiz I watched the other day

Guns' not releasing Chinese Democracy, although not fun times, it did keep them in the news and it kept people interested

But as a fan of the band, what would you rather see?

The band stay in the news because of their lack of activity............or the band in the news because they are releasing music for their fans to share?

Edited by Powerage5

Imagine from 1999-2013

4 albums

1 live album

But as a fan of the band, what would you rather see?

The band stay in the news because of their lack of activity............or the band in the news because they are releasing music for their fans to share?

As a fan, I would have liked to have seen more music released 3-4 years after UYI. Once that train left, I just stopped thinking about it or worrying about it because there were so many other bands I liked at the time. It was other people going on about the non release of CD that caught the eye a few years later

A lot of "fans" take CD for granted. it is a much better record than what most "fans" make it out to be around here.

We are truly blessed by this one of a kind unique record.

+10000000000

I don't understand the hate, it is, imo, their best to date

Music is all about personal preference.

The majority of GnR fans disagree with your statement.

But that shouldn't take away your enjoyment or make you angry. You guys shouldn't get so mad that some people don't love CD as much as you do.

I think CD is better than either Illusions. But not as good as Appetite.

Personal preference - that's what music is all about.

I like how Axl pisses off all the whiners. I hope he continues to do that.

so the current situation is good for you?

or you just cummed if some fans wants new material and moving forward and they don't get it?

The current situation is no different than the situation for the last 20 years. That's really what I'm driving at here. Me, I'm just a patient person. Is it frustrating that we get no information, no promise of anything new, and broken promises of DVDs and whatever else? (although to be fair, I really don't give a shit about the DVD). Yes, it is unfair.

So no, I don't squirt if "fans wants new material and moving forward and they don't get it." You see, I'm referring to a distinct and easily identifiable sub-section of that group: the drama whiners. The people who constantly ridicule Axl, constantly shit in every thread about Team Brazil, who incessantly make derogatory statements about band members. And I can understand why you'd be confused about this, because you are one of the people who fits into that category. No offense, man.

Nonetheless, to be very clear: i'm not referring to just any fan who is bummed and expresses their frustration. I'm talking about the dramatists and hypochondriacs, and of course the haters.