Five Finger Death Punch make their own Use Your Illusion

Raz0r

When I first read about 5FDP putting out a double album in 2 separate CDs, it naturally reminded me or UYI. I've since noticed a few more parallels.

1. The 2 volumes have the same album art, but the first volume has a yellow tint and the second has a blue tint.

2. The first volume has 2 versions of the same song.

3. Both volumes have a cover song; mama said knock you out on vol 1 and house of the rising sun on vol 2.

4. The track Agony of Regret on vol 2 opens with a heartbeat reminiscent of Coma.

Also, in an interview, the drummer said this:

"HHM : What made you guys decide to release the new albums in two different installments?

Jeremy : We initially wanted to release them on the same day, kind of like Guns-N-Roses did with Use Your Illusion l and ll back in the day. We just couldnt make it happen in time. "

I think it's obvious these guys are GNR fans, and this is a hell of a homage. It's also interesting that this is happening in the same year that Avenged Sevenfold put out a song that sounded very GNR. It's nice to see the current generation of artists showcasing GNR as an influence, and I'm wondering if, and hoping that, there is more of this to come.

I get why folks dislike 5FDP and all, but the GNR homage is still pretty cool. If part of what makes an artist great, is how much they've influenced the artists that have followed them, than stuff like this is pretty good for GNR and should make us proud as fans.

Edited by Raz0r

Yeah but Five Finger Death Punch is worse than Godsmack and Stone Sour combined.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't want a pile of dog shit paying homage to GNR.

Then again, I guess it might get all the kids into Use Your Illusion. I doubt it, though. FFDP has worse lyrics than Linkin Park, and the singer sounds like a retarded kid who just got mad at his teacher or something.

Edited by Amish

lol no just no

About "Doing time" sounding like a GnR track or are you talking about 5FDP putting out an album similar to UYI? Maybe both lol? I am not a fan of Five Finger Death Punch but I did like A7X's Beast and the Harlot Album. I've heard a lot of plagiarism complaints about A7X's newest album but if your gonna copy anyone you might as well try Metallica and GnR haha.

and they are both tied for worst album of the year, total fucking garbage.

Were you a fan of A7X back when they still had the Rev or has the band never been your cup of tea? Like I said above I never bought Hail To The King and from what fans are saying I made the right choice.

lol no just no

About "Doing time" sounding like a GnR track or are you talking about 5FDP putting out an album similar to UYI? Maybe both lol? I am not a fan of Five Finger Death Punch but I did like A7X's Beast and the Harlot Album. I've heard a lot of plagiarism complaints about A7X's newest album but if your gonna copy anyone you might as well try Metallica and GnR haha.

and they are both tied for worst album of the year, total fucking garbage.

Were you a fan of A7X back when they still had the Rev or has the band never been your cup of tea? Like I said above I never bought Hail To The King and from what fans are saying I made the right choice.

it was directed at five finger death punch. both albums they released were equally god awful and are the two worst albums of the year by far.

as for a7x never liked them but they do not bother me like Five finger dick punch.

Are ffdp shit? Never even listened to them.

Think of generic down-tuned riffs that all sound the same with a singer that sounds like a poor mans Corey Taylor. Maybe a less interesting less talented slipknot? To each their own really. Youtube it if you can be bothered.