What bands are better than Guns N' Roses?

ITG

For those who questioned my estimated 50 or 60 better bands. Yes, I can name that number of bands and artists I consider better than NuNu. The typical GNR fan listens mostly to mainstream and classic bands, this thread is the proof. I'm not a hipster or anything but there are so many bands, solo artists and producers who create more than NuNU (who doesn't?) and many others who present their music live in a much more beautiful or aggressive way. The only thing NuNu brings to the table are good covers of the original band. The solo spots are boring, the covers go completely against Axl's idea of the modern sound he was aiming for and the setlist has been played to death. Any band that doesn't do that is better than NuNu in my humble opinion.

Edited by Figueredo

For those who questioned my estimated 50 or 60 better bands. Yes, I can name that number of bands and artists I consider better than NuNu. The typical GNR fan listens mostly to mainstream and classic bands, this thread is the proof. I'm not a hipster or anything but there are so many bands, solo artists and producers who create more than NuNU (who doesn't?) and many others who present their music live in a much more beautiful or aggressive way. The only thing NuNu brings to the table are good covers of the original band. The solo spots are boring, the covers go completely against Axl's idea of the modern sound he was aiming for and the setlist has been played to death. Any band that doesn't do that is better than NuNu in my humble opinion.

Good luck finding 50-60 bands that can come up with songs on level with Catcher, Maddie, Shacklers, SOD, TIL, etc.

I agree most of their live materical is boring, that's the case with most bands. Though there are some great highlights like on the LA 2011 show.

Good luck finding 50-60 bands that can come up with songs on level with Catcher, Maddie, Shacklers, SOD, TIL, etc.

I agree most of their live materical is boring, that's the case with most bands. Though there are some great highlights like on the LA 2011 show.

Yep, can find the bands. Better yet, they come up with songs on level (or superior) with Catcher, Maddie more than once in 20 years.

• Like 1

I would not say better or worse, an artist is different from another, how people are different from each other. T love GNR forever, but I admire the work of many other artists. NIN for example, has as or more interesting than GNR work, and his current show is fantastic (one of the best currently), more engaging and better produced than the GNR, Axl could learn a lot from NIN.

Edited by auad

I see AFD as two records, UYI as 4. so I think they put out 8 records by 94 really.

AFD only lasts 50mins though. That is only about 10mins more than most of the long players which the Beatles et al. put out.

The first few Beatles albums were 30 minutes. So AFD is worth two of them.

But Beatles and Stones put out way more and ACDC as well. Oasis have 9 studio albums or something.

Gnr should have 2 more albums out though, its just not that bad.

People left and right mentioning shit like Crue and Skid and the guy who mentions U2 gets the "go fuck yourself?" :rofl-lol:

Some things just suck so bad that the only proper response is "go fuck yourself". U2 and Robin Fink are 2 of those things. :shrugs:

anyone who thinks "angel of harlem" is a bad song dreams of sucking the balls of eskimos

but that's just my opinion

I might have a rebuttal if I had any clue what you were talking about. Probably not though, because you're entitled to your opinion. :shrugs:

i'll...talk...real...slow....so...you...can...understand....."angel of harlem" ...is...a...U2.....song...a...band....you...don''t...seem...to...appreciate....fuck it, figure the rest out yourself

Oh...a...shitty...song...by...a...loser...band.

The appropriate response to that bullshit is "go fuck yourself".

"U2 is a loser band" is one of the dumbest things I've read in my life. Congrats DS!

You obviously don't (or can't) read the vast majority of your own posts then. Including the one I'm quoting. :shrugs:

Nope, I read my own posts just fine and still consider your sentence about u2 being a loser band very very stupid.

"U2 is a loser band" is one of the dumbest things I've read in my life. Congrats DS!

You obviously don't (or can't) read the vast majority of your own posts then. Including the one I'm quoting. :shrugs:

Nope, I read my own posts just fine and still consider your sentence about u2 being a loser band very very stupid.

You might read them, but it's painfully obvious that you can't understand them; or you'd know better.

Anyway, rock on, pansy rocker. Defend that girly crap until the ends of the earth.

You might read them, but it's painfully obvious that you can't understand them; or you'd know better.

Anyway, rock on, pansy rocker. Defend that girly crap until the ends of the earth.

Defend what? I'm just saying you made a stupid post. You are free to call any band a "loser/girly band" and I'm free to say you're stupid for doing so.

Defend what? I'm just saying you made a stupid post. You are free to call any band a "loser/girly band" and I'm free to say you're stupid for doing so.

And I'm free to point out the fact that it doesn't matter what you say because you're much too stupid to understand what you're saying anyway. That and U2 is a shitty pansy rock band that only the least masculine of us (Such as yourself.) twist our panties over when the reality behind them is pointed out. :shrugs: