What bands are better than Guns N' Roses?

ITG

Yep seen Aerosmith

Zz top

Dead Daises

Alice in chains

Fozzy

Stone Sour

Sebastian Bach

Metallica

Linkin Park

Pearl Jam

Incubus

Counting Crows

I respect your opinion. Music is all about personal preference.

I'm just curious on a couple things! Thank you for answering.

Are you saying today's band - 2013 GnR - are a better live band than any other band out there? And do you mean YOUR favorite - or you actually mean they are the best, regardless of them being your favorite. (There is a difference between a band being your favorite or saying they are the best).

The nerve of some people, right Groghan. How dare anybody have the opinion that Guns is the greatest in the world. Thank the lord you're here to set them straight.

I didn't "set them straight" and I was very polite to him.

People can have a discussion about GnR without it being negative.

I asked him a couple questions - politely, without insulting him.

And he answered. Politely. Without insults.

You should try it some time!!!! You'll find it's possible to disagree with somebody without having to insult them.

You'd think a man with your high level of intelligence would be able to recognize a post with no insults when they quote one. You'd think anyway. :shrugs:

Uhhh, OK.

How about this.............you win!

Now back on topic.

Thanks Aliceforchains for the discussion!

What's my prize?

For one day, you get to be Brainsaber's best friend?

I was hoping for an autographed photo or something, but I guess I'll take what I can get. :shrugs:

They were in a class of their own from 88-92ish.

Over the years, as far as their peers are concerned, U2 compares favorably.

Personally, Layne era AIC pushed GnR out of my top spot.

With the current version of GnR as a live band, I'd take Radiohead, Tool, NIN, Arcade Fire, Soundgarden and Queens of the Stone Age over new GnR.

Yep seen Aerosmith

Zz top

Dead Daises

Alice in chains

Fozzy

Stone Sour

Sebastian Bach

Metallica

Linkin Park

Pearl Jam

Incubus

Counting Crows

I respect your opinion. Music is all about personal preference.

I'm just curious on a couple things! Thank you for answering.

Are you saying today's band - 2013 GnR - are a better live band than any other band out there? And do you mean YOUR favorite - or you actually mean they are the best, regardless of them being your favorite. (There is a difference between a band being your favorite or saying they are the best).

The nerve of some people, right Groghan. How dare anybody have the opinion that Guns is the greatest in the world. Thank the lord you're here to set them straight.

I didn't "set them straight" and I was very polite to him.

People can have a discussion about GnR without it being negative.

I asked him a couple questions - politely, without insulting him.

And he answered. Politely. Without insults.

You should try it some time!!!! You'll find it's possible to disagree with somebody without having to insult them.

You'd think a man with your high level of intelligence would be able to recognize a post with no insults when they quote one. You'd think anyway. :shrugs:

Uhhh, OK.

How about this.............you win!

Now back on topic.

Thanks Aliceforchains for the discussion!

What's my prize?

For one day, you get to be Brainsaber's best friend?

I was hoping for an autographed photo or something, but I guess I'll take what I can get. :shrugs:

Send me your mailing address and I'll see what I can do.

Maybe I'll throw in some leftover turkey or pie from thanksgiving dinner as well.

Very difficult question, and as everybody said, it depends of which "GN'R". And it really depends if you are talking hard rock or any type of band.

Objectively, the best hard rock/rock band is the classic Guns N' Roses. As a live band. I know that some people might prefer AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Motörhead, Black Sabbath (with Ozzy), Aerosmith (I'm not naming Pink Floyd as I don't consider them "rock", but they are equally as good as GN'R in terms of live, but again,

which line-up? Personally I don't get Syd Barret and I love Gilmour). The only other live band that has come as close for me are Muse. Maybe also Dream Theater.

Now if we are talking albums, it's a very hard question. Guns albums are very inconsistent (except Appetite), they are all over the place, but they have some of the best rock tracks like Coma, There was a time.. but if you compare it like a true well-thought album like Dark Side of The Moon by Pink Floyd, it's

hard for me to tell which is the best. There are fantastic pieces of music everywhere. Even in Massive Attack, Radiohead, Daft Punk and so on, which are bands I wouldn't go see live as it's too much electronic and pointless to me (I went to see Skrillex and I almost fell asleep for example, even though I enjoy some tracks

when I listen to them, but live it loses everything).

We can also talk about inspiration. I can't think of a rock frontman that has been as strong of an inspiration as Axl Rose (until 2010, I really don't know what happened to him in 2011 and afterwards, but he's too peaceful for me and lost his voice, though I'm happy for him, he seems to be in a good place).

I don't get how one could prefer Bono, I mean Bono is a living joke to me.. even his name is funny. Bonobo. I can understand the fascination for Jim Morrison and others though, even though they aren't up to par with Axl for me. Axl is the real deal, he is made of rock, simply the best.

But now being objective again, there is just too much music out there to say a band is the best. Nine Inch Nails is great for example. And if we go beyond rock, nothing beats classic music, like Chopin, Rachmaninov..

It's too restrictive to stay just with GN'R, I listen to all kinds of stuff, some crappy artists even manage to put out some great stuff once in a while, so...

But yeah, GN'R is definitely one of the best things that has happened to music. Oh, how could I forget to mention Queen... now that would be a draw for me, can't say which one I like the most. And with age, your tastes in music evolve... it's so complicated : p Just listen to everything and don't bother about "the best" one, there

are great stuff everywhere. I'm just pissed off when some people praise "U2" as the best band ever.. now that is complete nonsense. Forgot about Michael Jackson, Jamiroquai, Prince, come on there are too many great stuff.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Faith No More and many more.

But it's like when you fall in love with a girl. You don't want better, you want that one.

Nothing can compare to Gn'R. As a band, they are and probably always will be my favorite.

Nowadays? I could name 50 or 60 artists better than nuGuns.

87-93 era? None.

Really? 50-60 huh?

Pretty sure I couldn't name 50-60 bands or artists in general off the top of my head. :rolleyes:

I could off of the top of my head name fifty to sixty "bands" (this of course counts band members that have moved on from original bands) that are better than anything current Gnr has done. I guarantee you that both fans of this gnr and previous gnr would disagree with anything I said.

Edited by abpagain

Pearl Jam.

I saw Pearl Jam on Saturday and Sunday and those shows were simply incredible. The GNR shows I saw in 2011 and 2012 were cool, but PJ just blows them out of the water in every aspect live. With GNR it is just a concert, with Pearl Jam it is an expererience. Axl should really take notes from them, he could learn a lot. But this is more speciic to the current band

There are definitely bands that I would consider to be a higher plateu overall, of course you have Rush, The Stones, Zep, Pearl Jam, etc. but I would also mention Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson as a musical entity that is simply incredible. But this is all just personal preferences

Edited by WhazUp

Crüe, Skid

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Nowadays? I could name 50 or 60 artists better than nuGuns.

87-93 era? None.

Really? 50-60 huh?

Pretty sure I couldn't name 50-60 bands or artists in general off the top of my head. :rolleyes:

50-60 artists that are better than GNR in its current state? I honestly don't think that'd be too hard.

Edited by bacardimayne

While GNR are one of my favorites, if not my favorite, they are certainly not the best band in the world. At all.

Let's be real for a second people. GNR's popularity is probably atleast 50% attributed to gimmick. Tophats, riots, wrestler names, drama etc. Musically speaking, there are so many better bands/artists.

• Like 2

While GNR are one of my favorites, if not my favorite, they are certainly not the best band in the world. At all.

Let's be real for a second people. GNR's popularity is probably atleast 50% attributed to gimmick. Tophats, riots, wrestler names, drama etc. Musically speaking, there are so many better bands/artists.

"Lets be real" when discussing opinions? Yours is more right than anybody else's? Nope. Sorry.

Crüe, Skid

Nowadays? I could name 50 or 60 artists better than nuGuns. 87-93 era? None.

Really? 50-60 huh? Pretty sure I couldn't name 50-60 bands or artists in general off the top of my head. :rolleyes:
50-60 artists that are better than GNR in its current state? I honestly don't think that'd be too hard.

anyone could name 50 artists they prefer over any band you state as well

Crüe, Skid

Nowadays? I could name 50 or 60 artists better than nuGuns. 87-93 era? None.

Really? 50-60 huh? Pretty sure I couldn't name 50-60 bands or artists in general off the top of my head. :rolleyes:

anyone could name 50 artists they prefer over any band you state as well

I'm aware of that. I was just saying it's nowhere near as hard as Sabbath makes it sound.