Marc, to what extent does Beta fuel the feud between Axl vs rest?

shotsfired cro

The only thing I know is she really hates Slash. Maybe it's because she sees the way Axl responds to things that Slash has said?

Agree and to go further I think she pretty much agrees/takes Axl's side on everything. Which (I'm sure Marc may agree?) is a problem- too many "yes men (& womem)" surround Axl.

The only thing I know is she really hates Slash. Maybe it's because she sees the way Axl responds to things that Slash has said?

Agree and to go further I think she pretty much agrees/takes Axl's side on everything. Which (I'm sure Marc may agree?) is a problem- too many "yes men (& womem)" surround Axl.

Yeah but the one time she decided to go against Axl it meant trouble for her. Axl was really pissed off when he found out she was still friend with Goldstein. It is Axl who demands people around him to take sides

Yeah but the one time she decided to go against Axl it meant trouble for her. Axl was really pissed off when he found out she was still friend with Goldstein. It is Axl who demands people around him to take sides

The Axl throwing Beta out over Goldstein thing has never been substantiated.

• Like 1

Beta does have some influence on Axl. I just wish that she would use it for the better. There are somethings that she can do to help make Axl's life better.

Not to disagree with you, since you know Axl and I don't, but Axl seemed pretty unhappy back in the 90s when the band was together, and he said he was miserable during the UYI tour. He seems much more at peace these last few years of touring, so maybe the stuff with Slash and the other guys is best left alone?

And I've watched many,many UYI shows online. And it sure as fuck doesn't seem like Axl was so miserable and never had a good time.

If it's true that he was so damn miserable,then the man definitely needs a fucking Oscar for the hell of an acting job during those tours!

• Like 2

^This times a million. I think it's a case of Axl maybe rewriting the past a bit. I'm not saying everything was perfect (he was going through extensive therapy, relationship issues, family issues, etc) but he doesn't seem nearly as miserable as the Kool Aid drinkers like to act.

And I've watched many,many UYI shows online. And it sure as fuck doesn't seem like Axl was so miserable and never had a good time.

If it's true that he was so damn miserable,then the man definitely needs a fucking Oscar for the hell of an acting job during those tours!

And we're talking about a guy who openly expresses all of his feelings, whether deliberately or not, on stage. So yeah, if Axl really was as depressed as he always says he was back then, it would be fairly easy to spot a hint of that looking back at the footage now. The fact that people can't find anything just proves most of that is bullshit. Axl was fine as fuck in the 90s, despite what he says.

• Like 1

After the Slash feud, Axl tried to convince himself that he hated Slash's guts including everything (touring) during the UYI era… But Axl & Slash were meant to be soul brothers and had such a unique chemistry on stage, that it simply can't be replaced be either part. Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree (Axl)?

After the Slash feud, Axl tried to convince himself that he hated Slash's guts including everything (touring) during the UYI era… But Axl & Slash were meant to be soul brothers and had such a unique chemistry on stage, that it simply can't be replaced be either part. Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree (Axl)?

You are right but he hates Slash because Slash didn't stick around because Slash knew that they wanted different things and didn't see anyway to work it out and I think Axl felt let down because Axl had these new set of goals that needed Slash's input to complete. Another word for it would be abandonment. Then to make matters worse Slash vented to the press and blamed it all on Axl. The truth is it was no ones fault.

Edited by recklessroad

I agree with Marc on the abondanment comment.

And I want to add a little of my own opinion.

I think that Axl has abondanment issues period.

With it stemming from his biological dad leaving him and his mother.

Then he had the woman that he thought was the love if his life (Erin) leave.Then he had thought he had yet again found that special someone with Stephanie,and she leaves.

And in between those two leaving,the friend he thought would stick with him no matter what(Izzy),leaves him also.

And let's not forget those that he came to trust/have close friendships with,(West,Shannon,etc)left him in their deaths. And sometimes,that feels like being abandoned too.

Then,the one that he felt was his musical soul mate,Slash,leaves.Along with the remaining guys leaving too.

So yeah,I get the abandonment feeling. I know what it feels like first hand. But sometimes in life,you have to bite the fucking bullet,compromise more than you want or planned,if you plan to have any type of relationship with those who left you. After all,that's what a relationship means,it can't always be one way. If you truly,deep down,care about them. You will find it within yourself to forgive. You don't nessarily have to forget. And if you can't learn to forgive with this type of stuff,people will just keep walking away.

Lord knows I still can't sometimes,get over the fact that my dad left me,my brother and mom. But I love him. And have a relationship with him to this day.

And I know some will say"But that's your relative!"Well,in a sense, the band was Axl relatives. They were people that he loved,cared about and thought he could trust. And to me,that indeed,is a form of brotherhood. You don't have to be blood,to feel like family!!

Edited by SweetRose

• 2 weeks later...

not wanting to go off topic, i've always believed that the sense of abandonment he fells/felt and perhaps a bit betrayed also is what makes him be distant from the current gnr line up. He feels betrayed and abandoned by a man who was once a brother to him and had to fight with that for a long time so know he doesn't let these guys really be a part of his band. It's Axl rose & Guns n' roses.

And this is coming from a guy who prefers the current line up. This is what i take from the way Axl acts. He doesn't want to have a real band again cuz he can't deal with it and he knows he will never get GNR far enough from the image of slash so he also doesn't want to give any of the current hired members the power to become the new band image. He doesn't want to have to fight for the band again.

I'd like to hear your input on this Marc, thank you

Guest cbgnr666

No I think his plan was to bury the old band with the new one. He wanted to take the new one much further then the old one went. So for that to happen the new guys would have to become supper stars too.

The only thing I would have to say about this is that even with the old band only Axl and Slash would be considered superstars and really well known,with the others mostly replaceable at least from a general point of view.IMO

So did Axl really only need one superstar guitarist to replace Slash, and not a band of new superstars? Hypothetically speaking we all know if Slash were to come back to the new band and replace one of the current guys,all would be well and the general fans(public,media) would not care much about the other orignal three not being there,if at all.

Just look at the relatively small attention Duff and Izzy get when playing with the new band.Imagine if it were Slash.

Edited by cbgnr666

Just look at the relatively small attention Duff and Izzy get when playing with the new band.Imagine if it were Slash.

from a marketing perspective, if they want to sell the tour as a "reunion tour", they really need to have izzy, duff and slash in the band.

not just slash.

without izzy and duff, it wouldn't be considered as a real reunion.

Guest cbgnr666

from a marketing perspective, if they want to sell the tour as a "reunion tour", they really need to have izzy, duff and slash in the band.

not just slash.

without izzy and duff, it wouldn't be considered as a real reunion.

Yes if we were talking about a reunion.I was thinking more along the lines if someone like Zack Wylde"A Big name Guitarist" had directly replaced Slash in the inital beginning of the new band,was that all that was necessary to quash alot of the it ain't gnr without Slash brigade.I think it would have helped a great deal.It seems the general majority of reunionists are only concerned about Slash and not the others,not all,but I think most.imo.

No I think his plan was to bury the old band with the new one. He wanted to take the new one much further then the old one went. So for that to happen the new guys would have to become supper stars too.

Man, that statement makes me very sad. What happened to that guy?

I don't know if the Finck/Bucket band had that potential........or if this current band has that potential..........but with Axl on board, with his unique voice and writing style, I know that either of the two bands could have at least gave it a legitimate chance.

Why wouldn't Axl want to go down swinging in his attempt to bury the old band? Why not release 4-5 albums worth of material and make an attempt to bury the old band?

Releasing one album every 15 years and continuous touring of songs created by the old band.....that clearly isn't a way to bury the old band.

What happened to Axl's fighting spirit?

Why not give it his best shot and fail, rather than not show up for the fight at all.

• Like 1