Daily Mail can't decide what's worse, scroungers or foreigners!

Dazey

I was chuckling at this little article earlier this morning. Seems that the Daily Mail is all of a sudden fighting the corner of people on benefits as long as they're home grown over the evil tide of eastern Europeans swamping the shores of our green and pleasant land.

The story is basically about a landlord with a portfolio of over 1000 properties who has sent out over 200 eviction notices to all his tenants that are claiming housing benefit. His reasoning being that Poles and other eastern European migrant workers are far better tenants and far less likely to default on their rent than British people on the dole.

They further go on to say that as a result of more and more private landlords refusing to accept people on benefits it's making it increasingly difficult for these people to live where they would like and leading to the creation of "benefit blackspots" in crappy areas.

So what does everybody think? Does the landlord have the right to evict people just becuase they are on government handouts in favour of foreigners who will pay the going rate? Do people have any right to choose where they want to live if somebody else is footing the bill?

Got to say that I find it amusing how the Daily Mail apparently hates immigrants so much that it's been driven to stand up for the usual targets of its ire. :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534331/Landlord-1-000-homes-evicts-tenants-benefits-He-claims-Eastern-Europeans-better-paying-rent.html

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

I'm glad they're having a go at the Eastern Europeans now, i can stand on the sidelines with my thick accent goin' 'yeah...yeah...yeah!!! Mans takin' all our jobs and that innit?!?!' hoping that the attendant mob doesn't notice the turban!

'It ain't Khan, it's Caan!' :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

It also might have something to do with the fact that councils don't pay Housing Benefit on time so landlords never get their money when they need it and end up not being able to cover their own overheads on time. Also, local councils have all these funny rules like if a landlord is reciept of housing benefit for one of their tenants and their tenant has a change in circumstance that has a bearing on how much money they are due for Housing Benefit but they don't inform the council and there is an on-going overpayment and the council find out they can then claim the over-payment amount off the landlord, even though it's the tenant that has essentially committed an infraction.

Now what would you rather, that or a nice and tidy Eastern European couple or family or even bunch of friends that keep everything spic and span and pay their rent on time?

My lot and Africans people don't want as tenants either cuz apparently we wreck places and smell :lol: But Eastern Europeans are a God send for landlords over here, i don't know whether the above mentioned is the case or not but if it was I can imagine why it would be.

Also, the article is kinda slanted to make it look like the influx of Eastern Europeans is gonna come at the expense of born and bred English people exclusively, which ain't necessarily the case, I wager a great many of those claiming on the social are the immigrants and chavs that the Daily Mail loves so, then again, who'd buy the paper if that was the headline :lol:

Shit, they might even consider it a blessing, get rid of all the coons and pakis and get white immigrants in there, they're a better class y'see :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

When I was on housing bwnefit you dont neccesarily get enough to cover the rent. It was weird someone came round to check it was worth the 200 a month. She said its pretty nice in here and it was. Made no sense anyone would give me money to pay for it.

Guest Len B'stard

Now what would you rather, that or a nice and tidy Eastern European couple or family or even bunch of friends that keep everything spic ...............

Racist! :lol:

I'm not a racist, i despise all races equally :lol: Black, brown, white, yellow, cunt until proven diamond, thats my motto :lol: I love how you pick up on that and not the fact that i said 'coons and pakis' in my post too :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Dazey, don't pretend that you don't agree with 90% of what you read in the Daily Mail! :D

Does starring at the tits of some celebrity tart on a beach adjusting her strap count as reading though? :lol:

Dazey, don't pretend that you don't agree with 90% of what you read in the Daily Mail! :D

Does starring at the tits of some celebrity tart on a beach adjusting her strap count as reading though? :lol:
Yes. Extra points if she has no make up or looks like she might be having a blue with her old man.

Oh I hate scroungers and foreigners equally but I'll admit that I'd rather have a hard working Pole (no pun intended) than some of the human filth I see day in day out round here. Honestly it's like a fuckin' holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

There is no room left in Britain. The island is going to literally sink if we bring in anymore people. Even in my lifetime I have seen some beautiful green fields bulldozed oer for jerry built housing to accommodate our burgeoning population.

This has been being said since the 70s :lol:

It also might have something to do with the fact that councils don't pay Housing Benefit on time so landlords never get their money when they need it and end up not being able to cover their own overheads on time. Also, local councils have all these funny rules like if a landlord is reciept of housing benefit for one of their tenants and their tenant has a change in circumstance that has a bearing on how much money they are due for Housing Benefit but they don't inform the council and there is an on-going overpayment and the council find out they can then claim the over-payment amount off the landlord, even though it's the tenant that has essentially committed an infraction.

Is that for real? Sounds proper fuckin' dodgy to me. <_<

Guest Len B'stard

Oh yeah, the logic being that the landlords the one recieving the money direct and, to the councils reckoning, whats the point in chasing someone for monies whoose on the fuckin social to begin with? Scandalous really but what can you do.

Oh yeah, the logic being that the landlords the one recieving the money direct and, to the councils reckoning, whats the point in chasing someone for monies whoose on the fuckin social to begin with? Scandalous really but what can you do.

Well no fuckin' wonder landlords can't be arsed with the bother of it all. I'd think that if anything it would have been easier to collect rent from people on the social. Like council pays it direct so it's not spent on fags and booze and the like and everybody's happy innit! :lol:

So basically it's like me taking out a bank loan and spending it on ale, refusing to make repayments and the bank chasing after the Pig and Whistle for its cash? :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Exactly yeah, when they get it direct you got less chance of getting it so landlords, as you say, cant be arsed with the bother and just make 'No DSS' a general rule.

There is no room left in Britain. The island is going to literally sink if we bring in anymore people. Even in my lifetime I have seen some beautiful green fields bulldozed oer for jerry built housing to accommodate our burgeoning population.

You always have Gibraltar. :awesomeface:

• Like 1