Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

I just like how whenever he see's a Lannister, he insults them. He is looking for a fight. Now that Jaimie is no longer a real threat (at least for awhile) he can challenge the Lannisters. In season three, Jamie himself said there are two or three fighters that have a chance against him. Many fans speculate that one of them was Oberyn aka The Red Viper.

Have you not read the books?

The Red Viper is killed by The Mountain while defending Tyrion at his trial.

Please don't tell me Martin ridiculously brings him back to life in the later parts of ADWD?

I happen to think that The Red Viper could have killed The Mountain had he not toyed with him for so long, reading it I got the impression that he was running circles around Gregor for the most part and inflicting lots of small wounds for the poison to take hold. My impression was it was only his cockiness that allowed Gregor to kill him.

Definitely. He rang circles around the Mountain instead of just finishing him off.

I remember wincing when it described the Mountain smashing Oberyn's face in.

Edited by NGOG

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like how whenever he see's a Lannister, he insults them. He is looking for a fight. Now that Jaimie is no longer a real threat (at least for awhile) he can challenge the Lannisters. In season three, Jamie himself said there are two or three fighters that have a chance against him. Many fans speculate that one of them was Oberyn aka The Red Viper.

Please don't tell me Martin ridiculously brings him back to life in the later parts of ADWD?

I happen to think that The Red Viper could have killed The Mountain had he not toyed with him for so long, reading it I got the impression that he was running circles around Gregor for the most part and inflicting lots of small wounds for the poison to take hold. My impression was it was only his cockiness that allowed Gregor to kill him.

Also finally got around to finishing ADWD today, the last few chapters were really good and now I am very curious as to what TWOW has in store and where it will take us.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mountain_and_the_Viper

Edited by classicrawker

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING SPOILERS YOU CUNTS. THIS IS ABOUT THE TV SHOW.

THERE IS A THREAD FOR THE SHOW AND THE BOOKS, THIS IS NOT THE ONE FOR SUCH DISCUSSIONS.

Some guys is speculating about something Jamie said last season. As in it has already happened, as in there should be no danger to read a spoiler about it. Some other guy says "haven't you read the books" (regarding something that happened already). I'm thinking "This guy will tell what the 3 guys would be, or at least something about that part. cool to know". Clicking the spoiler and it's about something that will happen probably by the end of this season or even later, I don't know. But I know it will happen, What the fuck.

• Like 1

I agree. Those are some big spoilers.

The posters who made those posts should idiot them out of common courtesy.

I specifically asked the question so nobody that exclusively watches the TV show would read what I had to say.

>subsequent comment is going to be a point related to the books<

<CheapJon reads anyway>

<gets angry for failing to control his own curiosity>

Edited by NGOG

I can't help myself, as a book reader, I am vastly superior to you.

All I know is that you're a jerk.

I agree. Those are some big spoilers.

The posters who made those posts should idiot them out of common courtesy.

I specifically asked the question so nobody would read what I had to say.

>subsequent comment is going to be a point related to the books<

Yes, regarding something that had happened a long time ago. Making me believe you would share some insight on that specific event. But no, you spit out spoilers for all non book readers regarding future stuff. How can you not see that you're at fault here and that it's plain wrong of you, especially when there already is a thread for such discussions.

Yes, regarding something that had happened a long time ago. Making me believe you would share some insight on that specific event. But no, you spit out spoilers for all non book readers regarding future stuff. How can you not see that you're at fault here and that it's plain wrong of you, especially when there already is a thread for such discussions.

Making you believe? I'm not a wizard, you just made a silly presumption that has ruined a tiny detail for you.

Why would I spoiler a book detail, that has something to do with what's already happened in the TV series? I would just say it. :lol:

Maybe somebody can specifically moderate this section, because I can't go into the book thread without spoiling my experience, and you can't resist opening spoilers that are clearly book-marked.

Edited by NGOG

Deleted my post with the spoilers in, apologies if it upset anyone.

Maybe if we are to include any book spoilers we include a big fuck-off warning above it making it clear to avoid if you haven't read them?

yeah just put book spoiler in bold above the spoiler. i had another thread but it became kind of pointless since some people are in various stages of the books and that would spoil shit for them as well.

so just go like this

BOOK SPOILER:

spoiler shit
  • Like 1

Maybe if we are to include any book spoilers we include a big fuck-off warning above it making it clear to avoid if you haven't read them?

We need to get some sort of reddit system in place for this section. Most of the book readers are ahead of me so clearly they'll want to discus things I don't know about, and CheapJon doesn't want any book knowledge to infiltrate the TV thread.

BOOK SPOILER:

Tywin's bowel.

Edited by NGOG

the thing is, the show and book discussion will happen it is kind of unavoidable. a lot of tv show watchers have questions and book readers will answer them the best they can without spoilers. i know personally i try to avoid spoilers and will only talk in detail about things that have happened, have been changed or cut. so remember just put book spoiler in big bold letters and everything will be good :lol:

• Like 1

Yes I have. What is your point? That has absolutely nothing to do what I just said. Show!Jaimie said there were three men that can best him.

We will probably never know who could defeat Jaimie when he was in his prime.
Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Yes I have. What is your point? That has absolutely nothing to do what I just said. Show!Jaimie said there were three men that can best him.

That bolded part was what I had problem with. It came outta nowhere.

The issue seem to be solved now for the future though. Still sucks, but carry on.

I just found it strange that you would speculate about Oberyn challenging the Lannisters;

given what you read in the book. Because of his untimely demise through playing with The Mountain, he never got the opportunity to kill a Lannister. But I suppose you could say defending Tyrion stirred the pot sufficiently.

Yes TV enthusiasts, you shouldn't read what I just spoilered. It's a book spoiler - if that wasn't clear by the use of spoiler tags.

Edited by NGOG

I just found it strange that you would speculate about Oberyn challenging the Lannisters;

given what you read in the book. Because of his untimely demise through playing with The Mountain, he never got the opportunity to kill a Lannister. But I suppose you could say defending Tyrion stirred the pot sufficiently.

Yes TV enthusiasts, you shouldn't read what I just spoilered. It's a book spoiler - if that wasn't clear by the use of spoiler tags.

Gregor Clegane was always affiliated with the Lannisters, in the same way the Manderlys are with the Starks, for example. So you could say he fought them by proxy. The reason why he wanted Gregor dead is something Gregor did while fighting for the Lannisters.
But I think Georgy meant he's challenging them verbally, with snide remarks and provocations, which he can get away with because Jaime can't shut him up now.
  • Like 1

Gregor Clegane was always affiliated with the Lannisters, in the same way the Manderlys are with the Starks, for example. So you could say he fought them by proxy. The reason why he wanted Gregor dead is something Gregor did while fighting for the Lannisters.
But I think Georgy meant he's challenging them verbally, with snide remarks and provocations, which he can get away with because Jaime can't shut him up now.

I know.