Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

Also don't equate what happens in the books to what happens in the show. For example show Jaime isn't the same as book Jaime.

Just because something happens in the book or a character reacts a certain way in the book that doesn't mean it would unfold the same way in the show.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also don't equate what happens in the books to what happens in the show.

I doubt they'll drastically change any of the major events though. Rob's wife being killed at the Red Wedding is probably the most significant deviation. Oh, and the Gendry/Eric Storm stories being condensed.

Martin wouldn't have permitted the TV series if they any intention of bastardizing his work.

Stannis in the show is pretty different compared to book Stannis.

The fight in S4E1 with the Hound and Arya goes differently in the book.

Also looks like there are more changes in store in future due to them having to condense or drag out people's stories with Bran, Dany and Theon being the big ones.

They won't bastardize it but there will be changes, additions and characters omitted altogether. As a result the books can't be seen as the be all and end all for predictions and such because there will be many differences.

Stannis in the show is pretty different compared to book Stannis.

The fight in S4E1 with the Hound and Arya goes differently in the book.

Also looks like there are more changes in store in future due to them having to condense or drag out people's stories with Bran, Dany and Theon being the big ones.

They won't bastardize it but there will be changes, additions and characters omitted altogether. As a result the books can't be seen as the be all and end all for predictions and such because there will be many differences.

Kind of an irrelevant post really. As far as I can see, nobody is making specific, non-significant event predictions. I've certainly never made any posts which would indicate that I'm using the book as gospel when it comes to the TV series.

Book spoiler:

You're hardly anticipating that Oberyn mightn't die defending Tyrion at his trial?
Edited by NGOG

Also don't equate what happens in the books to what happens in the show. For example show Jaime isn't the same as book Jaime.

Just because something happens in the book or a character reacts a certain way in the book that doesn't mean it would unfold the same way in the show.

I'd actually like to know what you mean by that? Book Jaime has been the same as TV Jaime. The only difference I've seen, is who trains him to fight after he loses his hand.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I'd actually like to know what you mean by that? Book Jaime has been the same as TV Jaime. The only difference I've seen, is who trains him to fight after he loses his hand.

I didn't mean anything in particular by it, I just chose a random character and was thinking of him at the time. Point I was making is that the show characters are adaptations of the book characters and not 100% identical carbon copies.

Edited by Tater Totts
  • Like 1

I have nothing against Emilia Clarke, I think she's a great actress and very pretty but when her Dany purses her lips, I just want to punch her. I don't even mind her screaming where her dragons are.

Anyway

Looking forward to her getting fucked in the ass by Daario

I have nothing against Emilia Clarke, I think she's a great actress and very pretty but when her Dany purses her lips, I just want to punch her. I don't even mind her screaming where her dragons are.

Anyway

It would be good if you followed the system we implemented, i.e. putting in BOOK SPOILER.

I read the books, and that was a spoiler for me. I'm not annoyed, but CheapJon might get a bit pissed.

Anyway

I hated her as Dany at first; Same with the chick playing Cersi. I just never thought they were "pretty enough" for those parts. Since the first season, both have grown on me, but still on a "do over", I would recast.

Didn't do a good job reading the books if you missed out on that NGOG :lol:

Book spoiler

The relationship with Dany and Daario will happen but I doubt they will include ass fucking, probably include a nice tender love scene. Also wonder what they will do with Jorah as in the show Barristan never knew that Jorah was the one giving the council info on her, got to find a new way to write him out.
Edited by Tater Totts

Didn't do a good job reading the books if you missed out on that NGOG :lol:

I'm only on page 2 hundred and 30 something of ADWD 1 - you cheeky spud. :lol:

BS:

At this point, she desperately wants Daario sexually, but just ordered that he be sent away again because he gave her cheek about Hizdahr.
Edited by NGOG

Can they please give Daario some highlights in his hair already. That has annoyed the hell out of me...LOL.

Just nitpicking. :P

At least the new Daario actually has facial hair, annoyed the hell out of me how the old one was clean shaven.

Edited by Tater Totts
  • Like 1

Speaking of casting, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I could have swore that The Viper's paramour/concubine, was meant to be a black woman. Well, maybe not all the way black, but maybe looking like Halle Barry in terms of complexion.

That was how I pictured her.

Anyway

It would be good if you followed the system we implemented, i.e. putting in BOOK SPOILER.

I read the books, and that was a spoiler for me. I'm not annoyed, but CheapJon might get a bit pissed.

I already knew that as well. Keep name dropping though, you're a real cool guy so it's awesome when you mention me.