Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Martin knows where to go with the story. I recall he said he is making it up as he goes. I am sure The Winds of WInter is almost done, but he has to nail A Dream of Spring

There is just so much we don't know, we don't even know the significance of characters (Arya, John, Bran, Dannarys, Daenerys, Jaime, anyone really) and what role they have yet to play. We don't know the significance of the White Walkers, and then there is just so much isolated shit going on that has to eventually come together. I love it! It really shows how good this series is when 5/7th of the way in the story still isn't very clear, but the world and characters are so good you trust it is just going to be amazing.

It's almost done like Chinese Democracy was almost done for 9 years.

Season is off to a great start with last episode and this one - much better than S3. Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is that former knight who Sansa saved, came right to her while Joffrey was dying with "we have to leave." Seems like he was involved or at least had knowledge of what was to happen.

Season is off to a great start with last episode and this one - much better than S3. Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is that former knight who Sansa saved, came right to her while Joffrey was dying with "we have to leave." Seems like he was involved or at least had knowledge of what was to happen.

He also gave her the necklace in the first episode.
  • Like 1

I'm sure bran and Georgy and all the others who've read the books are watching us toil and suffer in this thread while they sit back all cool-like with the answers. :lol:

:lol:

i like it, it is the same stuff us book readers still ponder about all the time. there are still book readers who talk about the purple wedding and come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories and alternate scenerios some of them boggle the mind and some seem almost plausible.

What a great episode. Bran's vision has me very excited.

Yeah.

I haven't read the books so what to come is really exciting. The Throne and room was immersed with snow as well. Excited for whats to come for sure, may not happen this season but in the seasons to come.

This show is amazing and I really wanna read the books but not reading them makes the show that much more exciting for me.

What a great episode. Bran's vision has me very excited.

Yeah.

I haven't read the books so what to come is really exciting. The Throne and room was immersed with snow as well. Excited for whats to come for sure, may not happen this season but in the seasons to come.

This show is amazing and I really wanna read the books but not reading them makes the show that much more exciting for me.

you can read the first 2 books and not be spoiled by anything this season. you can then read book 3 after this season and you should be good.

I have no knowledge about what happens, but here's my theory:

I have absolutely no idea who did what other than what's already been shown in the television series, but my bet is on the pie/bread and not the wine. I kind of feel like the whole cup thing was misdirection. Perhaps it wasn't the wine that was poisoned by the pie? Joffrey is the only one to eat from it, and there's that second or two where the camera focuses on the dead birds. Perhaps it wasn't the fault of the sword that killed all of the birds. Then again, why didn't all the birds die... Anyway, just a thought. Seems like the cup was too far for any kind of discreet move by Olenna. She did, after all, boast to Tywin Lannister about paying for the food for the wedding.
Edited by downzy

I have no knowledge about what happens, but here's my theory:

I have absolutely no idea who did what other than what's already been shown in the television series, but my bet is on the pie/bread and not the wine. I kind of feel like the whole cup thing was misdirection. Perhaps it wasn't the wine that was poisoned by the pie? Joffrey is the only one to eat from it, and there's that second or two where the camera focuses on the dead birds. Perhaps it wasn't the fault of the sword that killed all of the birds. Then again, why didn't all the birds die... Anyway, just a thought. Seems like the cup was too far for any kind of discreet move by Olenna. She did, after all, boast to Tywin Lannister about paying for the food for the wedding.

this is something some book readers speculate about.

Any other book readers always look forward to any changes they make in the show and speculating how that might change things in the long run compared to the book?

For example I was looking forward to seeing what they did with Jamie at the Wedding as he isn't there in the books but aside from some banter with Loras and rushing when Joffrey was choking he did nothing. I was kind of disappointed by that but I guess they couldn't change anything up too much.

Edited by Tater Totts

Loved Obern insulting Cersei. I was jumping with joy that Bronn was to train Jaime. Any scene with that guy is gold.

I liked how in the last episode we see Janos Slynt, the former Commander of the City Watch that Tryrion ousted in season two. Was really surprised they brought back Ser Dontos. Was glad to see Stannis again, dude looks really defeated and just does not give a fuck anymore. Wonder what Mel will do with his daughter.

Glad they killed Joffery this episode, get things moving.

• Like 1

Seems as Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) has retired as an actor. He did a magnificent job with Joffrey. Best of luck to him!

Yeah, he said that before they started shooting Season 4. Great actor. It would have been awesome to see him portray other roles in the future.

It's a ploy to make people to want to cast him.