Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

Just caught the premier today. Thought it was pretty good, about just as good as the best moments from S3. Though as most of you are saying, it looks like it will pick up pretty soon. Side note: am I the only one who's sort of lost interest in GoT? I mean, I enjoyed watching it, and I'll continue to do so, but the mainstreamness of it really bugs me. The ad campaign is absurd, and the amount of people who watch the show but don't pay attention is absurd as well. I heard a girl who claimed to be a "big fan" not know who Hodor was when someone asked some related question. Not that some viewers are less than others, but when you're used to watching shows like Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and OC, I can't imagine you have the mental fortitude to properly handle GoT (not trying to say that it's mainly women who are guilty of this, because I think plenty of men are too, just couldn't think of as good examples). Anyway, anytime someone mentions GoT I just sort of roll my eyes - maybe I'm just being a dick?

I get what you're saying, but I as well consider myself a fan of the show and still get lost with different characters names. LOL, I had to look up who Hodor was a result of your post. I would never say I'm an expert on the show, but I definitely enjoy it. I tried reading the books, but got ten pages in and decided it wasn't for me. Figured I'd just get my GoT fix through the television show. Lazy, sure. But I just don't have the patience or will power for the books.

Funny enough, I saw a Martin interview where he even gets confused as to who is who in the books and their different characteristics. He admitted that he often has to call some super fan in Sweden who knows the characters better than he does, so as to ensure he gets the details correctly.

Edited by downzy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like how the show is mainstream. it is a great story that needs to be told, and it transfers to tv so well. of course things get condensed,changed or cut but the heart and core of the story stays the same(unlike the walking dead) i like seeing peoples reactions to certain parts of the story(the red wedding for instance) since it gives them the same feeling and reaction i had when i read the books.

also game of thrones was picked up for a season 5 and 6 today. i know it was pretty much a slam dunk but it is still cool to get confirmation this early.

• Like 1

Well the last guy who played Daario didn't seem bad ass. He kept getting upstaged by Sers Jorah and Selmy. The new cast is welcoming because the guy is a better actor and he actually has chemistry with Emilia Clarke. The other guy looked like Fabio. Daario is suppose to be a cool guy who gets on people's nerves yet can charm the ladies. This new actor is a lot better for it.

And don't be bothered by the people who watch GOT. Just watch it for yourself.

Yeah I didn't read the books, so I guess if the actor fit's the source material better it makes sense. I still think I liked the other guy better, don't remember any upstaging, though the only time I saw S3 was when it aired.

I get what you're saying, but I as well consider myself a fan of the show and still get lost with different characters names. LOL, I had to look up who Hodor was a result of your post. I would never say I'm an expert on the show, but I definitely enjoy it. I tried reading the books, but got ten pages in and decided it wasn't for me. Figured I'd just get my GoT fix through the television show. Lazy, sure. But I just don't have the patience or will power for the books.

Funny enough, I saw a Martin interview where he even gets confused as to who is who in the books and their different characteristics. He admitted that he often has to call some super fan in Sweden who knows the characters better than he does, so as to ensure he gets the details correctly.

Well I get not knowing all of the characters, the show doesn't even include all of the characters, and some minor characters are only shown once or twice. But Hodor's literally only line of the entire show (over multiple episodes and seasons) is "Hodor." And we saw him fully nude on screen (much to our dismay I'm sure), so I just kind of :shrugs: when someone says they don't know who he is.

I do agree that it was nice not seeing Bran or Theon at all. I was a bit upset about no Stannis/Davos, but if I had to guess, the next episode will start out with them, or at the very least feature them a decent amount.

Well the last guy who played Daario didn't seem bad ass. He kept getting upstaged by Sers Jorah and Selmy. The new cast is welcoming because the guy is a better actor and he actually has chemistry with Emilia Clarke. The other guy looked like Fabio. Daario is suppose to be a cool guy who gets on people's nerves yet can charm the ladies. This new actor is a lot better for it.

And don't be bothered by the people who watch GOT. Just watch it for yourself.

Yeah I didn't read the books, so I guess if the actor fit's the source material better it makes sense. I still think I liked the other guy better, don't remember any upstaging, though the only time I saw S3 was when it aired.

Well I get not knowing all of the characters, the show doesn't even include all of the characters, and some minor characters are only shown once or twice. But Hodor's literally only line of the entire show (over multiple episodes and seasons) is "Hodor." And we saw him fully nude on screen (much to our dismay I'm sure), so I just kind of :shrugs: when someone says they don't know who he is.

I do agree that it was nice not seeing Bran or Theon at all. I was a bit upset about no Stannis/Davos, but if I had to guess, the next episode will start out with them, or at the very least feature them a decent amount.

stannis plays an important role this season so he will show up. as for bran/theon i dont think we will get a lot of them this season. theon wasnt even in the third book(he doesnt pop back up until the 5th book) bran's story arc for the third book finished at the end of the last season.

• Like 1

also game of thrones was picked up for a season 5 and 6 today. i know it was pretty much a slam dunk but it is still cool to get confirmation this early.

Yeah, just read that. That's insane.

They always seem to wait until after the first episode before announcing its been picked up but nice to see we have another two seasons minimum.

I think the episode went 15 minutes before we saw any titties.

Get the two Dan's and the HBO executives on the phone. I am sure they will want another unnessecary nude scene instead of something you know, important to the plot. Xtina's tits will break records in viewers.

• Like 1

Was it the new in laws who did it?

you are just going to have to watch the rest of the season to find out ;)

black sabbath, told you things would happen in the first couple episodes :lol:

the purple wedding was done well, the only thing i missed was the jousting midgets on a pig and dog :(

Edited by bran