The American Psycho Appreciation Thread (Book & Film)

Facekicker

The Patrick Bateman twitter and Dorsia twitter are hilarious. Bret Easton Ellis said he has no idea who is behind them but that he loves them. He often retweets their stuff. When Whitney Houston died the stuff they put up had me in stitches laughing.

I friend of mine had a date over to his place one night. She wanted to watch a movie. Guy had forgotten to get some DVD's so he flicked through his friends dvd collection. Picked out American Psycho because this girl said she liked Christian Bale...

Most awkward uncomfortable date ever :lol: Didn't help that my friend was trying not to laugh while this girl was frozen in horror :lol:

I friend of mine had a date over to his place one night. She wanted to watch a movie. Guy had forgotten to get some DVD's so he flicked through his friends dvd collection. Picked out American Psycho because this girl said she liked Christian Bale...

Most awkward uncomfortable date ever :lol: Didn't help that my friend was trying not to laugh while this girl was frozen in horror :lol:

lewis-news-sports-1368720254.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

Ever since that rant against the bloke on the Batman set i can't stand Christian Bale, i just find him intolerable. Russell Crowe is another one, just come across snotty and stuck up and in desperate need of a slap.

• Like 1

Ever since that rant against the bloke on the Batman set i can't stand Christian Bale, i just find him intolerable. Russell Crowe is another one, just come across snotty and stuck up and in desperate need of a slap.

christian bale is supremely overrated...i can't bear watching him

Actors know better than to mess with the crew, unless they're also executive producers.

Guest Len B'stard

I'd've wrapped a fucking tripod round his head, the mouthy cunt. Don't get me wrong, i'm not against ever having a go at someone or being frustrated but like, you know this guys underneath you, you know he can't really say nothing back...and then to deliberately, in a concerted effort to humiliate him just keep going on and on and on and on, hate people like that, givin' it just cuz he knows the other person can't really do nothing. Deliberate cruelty, to quote Blanche out of Streetcar, is unforgivable. All the while still 'in character' with his crap American accent, thats how enraged he was, he wasn't, he just being fucking arrogant. Why go on like that, what do you want, what are you hoping for with your continued shouting, what, for him to get on his knees and go 'oh sorry Lord Christian, please please forgive me!' Dickhead.

Russell Crowes another dickhead like that, he's alright slapping about some poor bloke trying to make a living at a hotel reception but he filmed Gladiator with Oliver Reed, the sort of man you don't mouth off to and not get a response, in fact the sort of person who is likely to prod you into a fight...and apparently Russell never had the nuts to do nothing, not once...and Reed spent a fair chunk of his time on Gladiator trying to goad Russell into some kinda confrontation apparently. To this day Crowe don't have a good word to say about but he never done nothing cuz he knows Olly would've sparked him out.

Russell Crowe has lashed out at his late "Gladiator" co-star Oliver Reed - insisting he never had a "pleasant conversation" with the actor, who "drank himself to death". British hellraiser Reed was famed for his heavy boozing, which finally prompted a fatal heart attack halfway through shooting the "Ridley Scott" epic in Malta in 1999.

And Crowe admits he has very few happy memories of his time with Reed - recalling one occasion when the intoxicated actor took to fighting with strangers in the street. Crowe tells Britain's GQ magazine, "I never got on with Ollie. He has visited me in dreams and asked me to talk kindly of him. So I should... but we never had a pleasant conversation."

"I have seen him walk down the street in Malta drunk as a lord and just hit anybody he got near to - even a man walking with his children. I just found that to be - not impressive." And the Aussie actor insists he had little time for the "Oliver!" star at the end of his life - because Reed had a "weird energy".

Crowe adds, "He drank himself to death. He sat on a bar stool until he fell off it and carried on drinking... lying in his own p**s and vomit he continued to drink till he passed out. What did the tabloids say he drank on the day he died? Something like 30 beers, eight or ten dark rums and half a bottle of whiskey. In the end, he created such a weird energy around him that no one drinking with him cared."

In another news, Russell Crowe told the Daily Mirror about a possible sequel to "Robin Hood". "We don't have a script ready or anything like that. If people like this one and the studio has an appetite for it, would Ridley and I like to go on a film set of that size again and make another movie like this, in a day and age when everything's done with computer-generated images and comic book characters? Yeah, we'll be fine with that. Great," he said.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0002846.html#ixzz2qONszTrv

Edited by sugaraylen

He was perfect to play Patrick Bateman then :lol:

In the book there is this one small paragraph where he talks about being followed around Manhatten by a park bench and he ends up running down the street screaming :lol:

The various episodes of the Patty Winters show that he watches get more and more fucked up as the book goes on too :lol:

He also meets Tom Cruise in an elevator and goes to a U2 concert where he has a "connection" with Bono :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Oh he was a spot on fuckin' Bateman, no doubt about it. And a good actor in general, I won't have a go at his acting just cuz i don't like him, he's a wonderful actor really.