Inside Llewyn Davis

Lone Survivor

VISUAL EFFECTS

Gravity

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Iron Man 3

The Lone Ranger

Star Trek Into Darkness

I haven't seen it yet but, based on what I've heared, I'm surprised Inside Llwelyn Davis only got nominated for cinematography and sound. Jonah Hill is now a two time Oscar nominee and David O. Russell becomes the first director ever to direct two casts into all four acting categories(and does it in back to back years).

lol jonah hill

What's wrong with Jonah? Leo described him as "the finest improvisational actor he's ever worked with". Pretty big statement when you consider DiCaprio's career.

Leo won't win but I'm definitely happy for his nomination. I was rooting for him.

Why do you say that with such certainty? Wolf - given the sheer enormity of the role - is Leo's best chance yet.

Edited by NGOG

lol jonah hill

What's wrong with Jonah? Leo described him as "the finest improvisational actor he's ever worked with". Pretty big statement when you consider Di Caprio's career.

Granted, I haven't seen him in The Wolf of Wall Street yet, but I thought his previous nomination was unwarranted, and that he has no business being up for one of the biggest honours an actor can receive.

lol jonah hill

What's wrong with Jonah? Leo described him as "the finest improvisational actor he's ever worked with". Pretty big statement when you consider Di Caprio's career.

Granted, I haven't seen him in The Wolf of Wall Street yet, but I thought his previous nomination was unwarranted, and that he has no business being up for one of the biggest honours an actor can receive.

You definitely need to check out his performance in Wolf. Nobody takes the guy seriously because of his comedic roles, but he's truly a fine actor.

lol jonah hill

What's wrong with Jonah? Leo described him as "the finest improvisational actor he's ever worked with". Pretty big statement when you consider DiCaprio's career.

Leo won't win but I'm definitely happy for his nomination. I was rooting for him.

Why do you say that with such certainty? Wolf - given the sheer enormity of the role - is Leo's best chance yet.

While you're right about Leo's chances, I think Matt McConaughey will win, not only because the acting he did in the movie was great, but the lengths he went through to get into character for the role. That usually helps.

That said, as great as the other actors are that are nominated (Only one I haven't seen is Nebraska), I would love for Leo to finally win.

I would also love for Fassbender to win Best Supporting Actor for 12 Years a Slave, though. He was great in that.

Also, how many options/categories can we have in a Poll? Would be cool to have our own "Oscar" votes tallied.

While you're right about Leo's chances, I think Matt McConaughey will win, not only because the acting he did in the movie was great, but the lengths he went through to get into character for the role. That usually helps.

That said, as great as the other actors are that are nominated (Only one I haven't seen is Nebraska), I would love for Leo to finally win.

I would also love for Fassbender to win Best Supporting Actor for 12 Years a Slave, though. He was great in that.

Also, how many options/categories can we have in a Poll? Would be cool to have our own "Oscar" votes tallied.

McConaughey seems to be the flavor of the month in Hollywood. There's definitely a chance he'll scoop Best Actor.

I'm honestly rooting for Jonah to take Best Supporting. He's got this knack for endearing characters. Of all the characters in Wolf, I was most intrigued by his.

I'm really rooting for Matthew McConaughey (well Dallas Buyers Club) and Nebraska

those two are the movies that stood out for me

I'm gonna go see Wolf of Wall street on sat so my opinion my change but so far those are the movies for me

Most likely:

Best Picture: Hustle, it's this year's Argo (although superior). 12 Years is the only other serious contender.

Best Actor: McCounaghey. If there's an upset, it will be Dern (who would otherwise be the clear favorite). The people who hate Wolf, REALLY hate Wolf, too many members will ignore DiCaprio's performance on that basis.

Best Actress: Blanchett. Sewn up. Done.

Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto (who woulda thunk!)

Best Supporting Actress: Lawrence, although I hope she loses. She's wonderful in the film, but enough already. Lupita Nyong'o or June Squibb in an upset.

Still up in the air: Best director, McQueen if Slave loses BP and Russell in same instance re Hustle. Although, Curaon could easily ruin that tradition.

I would like to thank the Academy for not falling for Blue is the Warmest Color, although Adele Exarchopoulos deserves as many plaudits as Blanchett. Redford deserved a nom, so did Phoenix, if they can open up Best Picture, why not actor if it's warranted?

Edited by Angelica

Jennifer Lawrence is gonna win her second Oscar already

First one was undeserved. This one is definitely not.

This one is as undeserved as her first, this Oscar should go to Lupita.

I don't want Matthew to win, unlike the other nominees he doesn't seem to care about the person his character was at all. His GG speech was horrid (as was Jared's, talking about THEIR struggles and failing to properly praise the people who they played).

Edited by ***Flawless

I'm gonna go see Wolf of Wall street on sat so my opinion my change

It will change.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Wolf. It's my favorite movie of 2013 and I loved Leo's performance, stunning, brilliant, he killed it. I just think everything's on McConaughey side.

I should've clarified that I was referring to the nomination only. Sorry.

I'm gonna go see Wolf of Wall street on sat so my opinion my change

It will change.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Wolf. It's my favorite movie of 2013 and I loved Leo's performance, stunning, brilliant, he killed it. I just think everything's on McConaughey side.

I should've clarified that I was referring to the nomination only. Sorry.

I still think the nom is undeserved tbh, she had not got much range as an actress and isn't convincing. I can never not see Jennifer Lawrence instead of her character.

I just have a feeling Leo won't win :(

He never does, even if he deserves it.

I have this weird feeling that he will, hopefully the Oscars look past the hype that Matthew is undeservedly getting and give it to either Chiwetel or Leo.

I think it is between Chiwetel and McConaughey which could split the vote and lead to a Leo upset.

To be honest I think he was far better in Djanjo than Christoph Waltz who won the Oscar and he didn't even get a nomination.

I just have a feeling Leo won't win :(

He never does, even if he deserves it.

I have this weird feeling that he will, hopefully the Oscars look past the hype that Matthew is undeservedly getting and give it to either Chiwetel or Leo.

I think it is between Chiwetel and McConaughey which could split the vote and lead to a Leo upset.

To be honest I think he was far better in Djanjo than Christoph Waltz who won the Oscar and he didn't even get a nomination.

Leo's a severely underrated actor (in terms of how the academy treat him). He's deserved to win at least a couple of times before but they seem to hate him. I think because he said that awards aren't the most important thing to him, they shun him slightly. They do it to Joaquin Phoenix, nominate them so they're obliged to turn up but then don't give them anything.