2014 Oscar Nominations

Nobodys_Fault

While you're right about Leo's chances, I think Matt McConaughey will win, not only because the acting he did in the movie was great, but the lengths he went through to get into character for the role. That usually helps.

That said, as great as the other actors are that are nominated (Only one I haven't seen is Nebraska), I would love for Leo to finally win.

I would also love for Fassbender to win Best Supporting Actor for 12 Years a Slave, though. He was great in that.

Also, how many options/categories can we have in a Poll? Would be cool to have our own "Oscar" votes tallied.

McConaughey seems to be the flavor of the month in Hollywood. There's definitely a chance he'll scoop Best Actor.

And for good reason. The dude is a great actor and has had some great performances over the last couple of years.

I thought Jonah Hill was really good in Wolf, but I also still felt like he was still "playing Jonah Hill" a bit.

Fassbender or Leto gets my vote for Best Supporting Actor.

And Lawrence shouldn't even be nominated for Best Supporting Actress.

Disagree entirely that McCounaghey is undeserving, it's a marvellous performance and he's been on an extraordinary roll the last few years (though granted, he had quite a bit to atone for).

Let's not throw a pity party for DiCaprio. :lol: Pacino waited longer than he probably will, I just hope that when DiCaprio finally wins he actually deserves it.

I adore Lawrence, but she needs to lose this. For her own sake. The backlash is inevitable, and a back to back win against more deserving nominees will make it worse.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

Disagree entirely that McCounaghey is undeserving, it's a marvellous performance and he's been on an extraordinary roll the last few years (though granted, he had quite a bit to atone for).

Let's not throw a pity party for DiCaprio. :lol: Pacino waited longer than he probably will, I just hope that when DiCaprio finally wins he actually deserves it.

I adore Lawrence, but she needs to lose this. For her own sake. The backlash is inevitable, and a back to back win against more deserving nominees will make it worse.

What makes it worse is that she arguably deserves this one more than last year's so if she does win this year the backlash will be even worse.

Also Bad Grandpa got nominated for hair and makeup but American Hustle didn't? What?! :lol:

Things that will cause vomit:

-12 Years a Slave winning best picture

-Bale winning best actor

-Jared Leto winning best supporting actor

-J-Law winning best supporting actress

-Frozen winning an Oscar

I have a feeling I'm going to need to replace the rug after this one.

Leto deserves it (Oscar, not vomit).

• Like 1

Joaquin Phoenix being one of them

I agree. Joaquin Phoenix for who? Christian Bale?

Yes, no hesitation

Joaquin Phoenix being one of them

I agree. Joaquin Phoenix for who? Christian Bale?

I haven't seen Nebraska, but out of the others, he's probably the one I'd swap.

Bruce Dern from Nebraska deserves the win. It's the role of his long career and out of the nominees, he's definitely the best.

Will he win? Probably not :(