What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Anybody watch Boss on Netflix?

A two year series with Kelsey Grammar playing the mayor of Chicago.

The writer obviously hates women, but other than that, it's a pretty fun series.

Frazier plays an evil dictator mayor who controls the entire state. Rated R - so you get lots of swearing and nudity.

Worth watching just to see Kathleen Robertson.

The writer obviously hates women, but other than that, it's a pretty fun series.

Frazier plays an evil dictator mayor who controls the entire state. Rated R - so you get lots of swearing and nudity.

Watched it while it aired on Starz...too bad it got canceled, it was a great show and was only getting better.

Kathleen Robertson was all kinds of yummy on it. She just had a brief role in Bates Motel and she will be the lead a new TNT show, Murder in the First that starts this Monday

Watched it while it aired on Starz...too bad it got canceled, it was a great show and was only getting better.

Kathleen Robertson was all kinds of yummy on it. She just had a brief role in Bates Motel and she will be the lead a new TNT show, Murder in the First that starts this Monday

Agreed. Kelsey Grammar was excellent as the bad guy.

Kathleen must have had some surgical enhancement? And I thought her acting was pretty spot on too. She earned a chance to have her on show. Too bad it's on TNT though instead of a cable network!!!!

Kathleen must have had some surgical enhancement? And I thought her acting was pretty spot on too. She earned a chance to have her on show. Too bad it's on TNT though instead of a cable network!!!!

oh yeah she got the boob job extraordinaire

I tried to watch Twin Peaks. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Such bad weather makes me depressed. (Rainy days at home are good, but not on TV) I loved Dexter. I DVR'd every season and watched them over and over. I don't want to see him as a lumberjack though because I don't like the weather there. I just found Miami Vice episodes! I loved that show! The Florida scenery reminds me of Dexter. I love the sunshine, ocean, the men in such pretty, pastel, cotton clothes - same as Dexter. Not sure I can watch all the drugs though. Reminds me too much of the '80's. If I watch it while I'm in a leg cast, I'm afraid I'll take all of my pain meds at one time, drink wine and want to vacuum the entire house.

oh yeah she got the boob job extraordinaire

It is one of the best I've ever seen........so good that it looks like they could have been real. (If they were attached to a 20 year old and not a 40 year old).

• Like 1

I tried to watch Twin Peaks. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Such bad weather makes me depressed. (Rainy days at home are good, but not on TV) I loved Dexter. I DVR'd every season and watched them over and over. I don't want to see him as a lumberjack though because I don't like the weather there. I just found Miami Vice episodes! I loved that show! The Florida scenery reminds me of Dexter. I love the sunshine, ocean, the men in such pretty, pastel, cotton clothes - same as Dexter. Not sure I can watch all the drugs though. Reminds me too much of the '80's. If I watch it while I'm in a leg cast, I'm afraid I'll take all of my pain meds at one time, drink wine and want to vacuum the entire house.

Good call, it's best you stay as far away from season eight as possible. That thing will make you doubt the existence of any entity capable of love, and you'll also suffer from PTSD. I still get flashbacks because of it. "Oh God, why Dexter?! Why her!? Of all the antagonists and love interests, why do you pick her to live!? She's so unappealing as a character! She's an obvious Mary Sue! No, don't go to Argentina! Oh, phew... Wait... What's... No! This is even worse! Why?!?!?!?"

Ahem, moving along... They added "Awful Nice" today, which is kind of odd. Usually movies I want to watch aren't added until after I've actually bought them. Definitely going to give it a watch soon. That brings me to another question though, is anyone else here guilty of queue hoarding? My list of movies isn't nearly as big as it once was, since I recently cut out all of the movies I was no longer interested in, but it's still quite massive. Especially since these days I don't impulsively add things any more, only stuff I legitimately want to watch. Somehow, that makes it worse!

Good call, it's best you stay as far away from season eight as possible. That thing will make you doubt the existence of any entity capable of love, and you'll also suffer from PTSD. I still get flashbacks because of it. "Oh God, why Dexter?! Why her!? Of all the antagonists and love interests, why do you pick her to live!? She's so unappealing as a character! She's an obvious Mary Sue! No, don't go to Argentina! Oh, phew... Wait... What's... No! This is even worse! Why?!?!?!?"

Ahem, moving along... They added "Awful Nice" today, which is kind of odd. Usually movies I want to watch aren't added until after I've actually bought them. Definitely going to give it a watch soon. That brings me to another question though, is anyone else here guilty of queue hoarding? My list of movies isn't nearly as big as it once was, since I recently cut out all of the movies I was no longer interested in, but it's still quite massive. Especially since these days I don't impulsively add things any more, only stuff I legitimately want to watch. Somehow, that makes it worse!

never heard of awful nice...who's in it?

never heard of awful nice...who's in it?

I think the only "well known" names in it are Brett Gelman and Christopher Meloni, but the premise of it sounds kind of neat, like something I'd enjoy: "When their father dies, Jim and Dave reunite after years apart to claim their inheritance: a lake house. Misadventures ensue as the quarreling brothers try to fix up the money pit in order to sell it."

Plus the cover has a bear wearing a bandana and smoking a cigarette. It's already getting at least three stars for that alone. Not how I normally rate movies, but come on man, it's a bear indulging in a human addiction!

Just watched a movie taking place during WWII China about the government's ignorance of the famine in Henan province, was called Back to 1942. Adrien Bordy and Tim Robbins supporting roles; overall it was very good. The movie dragged and felt long (it is long at about 2.5 hours), but it made sense given the nature of the storytelling. Would recommend to anyone interested in history, war history, or China.

Started the new season of Orange is the New Black. Pretty good so far. The first episode was a bit confusing at first, but it worked itself out.

I started that this morning, too. Got about half way through the season before Netflix started bugging out on me. Lotta revelations in this season so far, though is seems like an awful lot of filler, too, but again, not all the way one with it.

• Like 1

Started the new season of Orange is the New Black. Pretty good so far. The first episode was a bit confusing at first, but it worked itself out.

I started that this morning, too. Got about half way through the season before Netflix started bugging out on me. Lotta revelations in this season so far, though is seems like an awful lot of filler, too, but again, not all the way one with it.

Lorna looked hot in her flashback scenes

Lorna looked hot in her flashback scenes

You're damn right she did! The stuff we found out about her was pretty shocking too. Very unexpected, but I liked it. I've only got about two episodes left now. I'm really liking the season so far, but something seems different. It seems like they're struggling to keep focus on some characters.

Well, just finished up season two. Had a lot of heart breaking moments in it and at times the story made me angry, but in a good one. The ending was perfect, the only downside being I have to wait until this time next year to see season three. Overall, it was a pretty good season.

• Like 1

Just finished OITNB. Can't wait for the next season. I don't think I've ever hated a character more than Vee.

I actually sort of liked her at first, but then as time went on and more was revealed I ended up jumping on the hatewagon too. Wish I knew how to use the spoiler tag thing since there's a lot of stuff I want to say here, but I figure you know or share the same feelings on most of it.

Also, did they ever reveal why Sophia was in there? If they did, I can't recall it. I think, out of all of the main or more important characters, she's the only one whose crime we don't know, or isn't alluded to, unless I missed or am forgetting something. Final note: You just gotta love how Daya's actress still isn't main cast even though the character's story takes up a fair portion of almost every episode.

Sophia? The transwoman that was a firefighter? In the first season it shows her taking photos of people's credit card statements after putting out fires. And in this season she mentions her son turned her in.

Oh right, I think I recall seeing that now. I definitely remember her mentioning it was her son who turned her over. The conversation she and Red had over that was hilarious.

So, I finally watched season two of Derek. I think it's still a pretty good show, but it's definitely different from the first season. Like, the feeling is all wrong. Season one had these episodes that would be humorous throughout, and then would be capped off with some kind of serious moral. This season it seemed like it would be serious throughout the entire episode with the humor sprinkled here and there. I was also pretty disappointed with how they got rid of Dougie. At first I thought it would be a "Oh, he's gone this episode, but he'll be back by next episode's end or season finale," but nope, he was really gone from the cast. Other than that, I didn't have many qualms with the season. I actually quite liked how this one seemed to focus more heavily on some story arcs, at least for a few episodes anyways. The main one was definitely a tearjerker, but I expected no less from this show.

After that was over with I started watching "An Idiot Abroad," but after the first episode I wasn't attentively watching it. Seems like a pretty funny show, definitely gonna have to watch it closer again some time.

Attack on Titan is fucking addicting

Isn't that still airing on Adult Swim over here? Didn't know they had put it on Netlfix, gotta check it out sometime.

I finally got done watching Wilfred's second season and then watched the third. I'll finally be able to watch this show as it airs instead of waiting nine months after its conclusion, haha. Also started watching that show Death Note. I don't normally watch anime that much, but it isn't half bad. Gotta finish it soon so I can move onto "Attack on Titan" next.