What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Don't feel like reading through this thread seems really big. So would someone throw me some suggestions on a good series to watch on netflix . Watched dexter (loved it) arrested development (loved the first seasons the netflix season kinda dragged along) Sherlock (awesome show) currently watching a bit of The Doctor and Ted (forget the name but the sister Lindsey from arrested develop is In it I love her). Also dont give me lost or breaking bad. I never really could get into lost and I'm saving out watching BB for now.

I don't care what genre just something good that will get me hooked.

Thanks!

It is, but Netflix has it in Japanese. Dub always sounds stupid.

Most dubs seem kind of off to me, but I always like to watch it in English before I watch it in its original language (with subs of course).

Don't feel like reading through this thread seems really big. So would someone throw me some suggestions on a good series to watch on netflix . Watched dexter (loved it) arrested development (loved the first seasons the netflix season kinda dragged along) Sherlock (awesome show) currently watching a bit of The Doctor and Ted (forget the name but the sister Lindsey from arrested develop is In it I love her). Also dont give me lost or breaking bad. I never really could get into lost and I'm saving out watching BB for now.

Thanks!

Let's see, drama wise, I'd recommend Sons of Anarchy, Rectify, Orange is the New Black and Prison Break. Maybe Desperate Housewives, if that's your thing. If you're looking for some comedy, I'd throw out Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks, The Venture Bros., Wilfred, Archer, Father of the Pride, Trailer Park Boys, Todd and the Book of Pure Evil, Bob's Burgers, Dinosaurs and Derek (although that one will make you cry). If you want an anthology fix, I'd recommend The Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories and The Haunting Hour, which is basically Goosebumps' more expensive and better produced older brother.

• Like 1

Thanks!

House of Cards, Lilyhammer, American Horror Story.... in no particular order... and if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, obviously that too. ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

Best Worst Movie, an honest but loving documentary about the cult revival of cupcake 2, which if not for the The Room, would easily be the Plan 9 From Outer Space of the modern era. Except it's substantially worse (and tragically not available on Netflix).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OiD6IlBmtk

Edited by Angelica

Best Worst Movie, an honest but loving documentary about the cult revival of cupcake 2, which if not for the The Room, would easily be the Plan 9 From Outer Space of the modern era. Except it's substantially worse (and tragically not available on Netflix).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OiD6IlBmtk

It isn't? I remember it was at one time. I only watched it once or twice, but I remember finally understanding that "Oh my Goooooood" meme when I saw it the first time.

Thanks!

Try Boss with Kelsey Grammer.

It's not something that I'd usually watch but I heard child-hood crush Kathleen Robertsen was in it so I checked it out.

Frazier plays an ultra corrupt mayor of Chicago and is brilliant. Tons of killing, nudity, and twists and turns.

There are two full seasons worth of episodes.

I highly recommend it, even if you don't like political style shows.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since they added Hatchet III, I can finally watch the entire trilogy. But, as idiotic as it sounds, I'm more excited that they added Without a Paddle back, as well as Bad Santa. I own the latter on DVD, but hey, I don't have to get up and put it in to watch it anymore. Lazy, I know.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

Finally got the service back. First thing I watched was this recently added show, "Urban Legends." I like it pretty well, seems like this old show I used to watch on Sci-Fi, back when that network didn't have the stupid spelling. They only have one season up on Netflix though, but it's still worth checking out.

Also, "Out of the Furnace" was added. I highly recommend this movie and implore everyone to check it out. If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, that is.

Dunno if any of you watched it last season, but season two of Hemlock Grove premieres on July 11.

First season worth watching?? I saw two episode of it and couldn't really dig the vibe.

Eh...maybe? I don't really remember it much. I remember it does get better.

Started Trailer Park Boys last week, I love this show, it's like Grand Theft Auto in TV form.

Started Trailer Park Boys last week, I love this show, it's like Grand Theft Auto in TV form.

It's one of my favorite shows. Mr. Lahey is amazing.

Not sure if you guys know, a lot of new stuff TPB is coming out this year. A full new season is being produced for Netflix only, and there's a new stand up show they did which was pretty good on Netflix too. The feature film that was shown in Canada earlier this year should be coming out for public release soon.

Oh yeah, I know :)

TPB and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia are the only two shows I like enough to bother keeping tabs on them.

Sunny really disappointed me with season 9. Season's 1-7 were pretty much great without missing a step. S8 I thought was hit and miss, and I remember thinking that 2? maybe 3? episodes in S9 were good, or at least on the level Sunny episodes should be. I should probably rewatch S8 and S9, but still, it didn't feel like it should have to me when I watched them.

Just did some quick research, apparently S10 won't premier until January.... and the show will have two seasons after that, I thought they were pretty definitively stopping after ten, but I guess someone changed their mind.

TPB are awesome.

Saw Ricky in a horror movie and just couldn't comprehend him playing a normal character. They should have just had him play Ricky in the movie.

I've watched Hemlock Grove but I don't necessarily like it that much. It's good enough to watch..........but it is also sort of dumb and boring and the acting isn't that great.

Why don't you think Sunny is good anymore?

Something really changed between S7 and S8 for me, I don't know. S8 and S9 don't feel like classic Sunny; the jokes and storylines were nowhere near as funny (on a general level). Mac Day is the only episode out of both of those seasons that I can recall off the top of my head right now.

I just looked up S8 and S9 on wiki, and my memory wasn't serving me correctly earlier, S8 had a lot of great episodes, but I still maintain it was the weakest season since S1 (though I'd say S9 takes that place now). I liked Lethal Weapon 6, Mac Day was great, and I remember the finale being good. The gun episode had a few decent jokes; that's all I really remember from S9, the rest I either thought was OK or did not like. Like I said though, I should really rewatch both seasons.

When I say episodes are just OK or disappointing, most of the time I am still enjoying them and laughing a bit, but it's nowhere near the level of enjoyment I felt with most of the series. There are very few episodes/plots in the whole series that I either outright dislike or don't find funny, but all of them can be found in S9.

Edited by OmarBradley