What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Found a little gem of a movie called I'm Not Scared. I also watched The Return (2003) and Deadfall. The Return looked super promising but I was disappointed. Deadfall was awful.

I seem to recall hearing of a movie called "I'm Not Scared" and being interested in it for awhile, but I'm not sure it's the same one. What's the gist of it?

It is an Italian film set in the late 1970s about a young boy who discovers a hole in the ground where another boy is being held prisoner. That's not a spoiler at all. I highly recommend it! Great movie. It is based on an Italian novel.

Hmm, that does sound familiar. Even if it's not what I'm thinking of, it sounds neat! Gonna have to give that a watch next.

Don't watch the trailer for the movie first. I watched it after. It is one of the dumbest things I've seen in awhile, does no justice to the film at all, and will make you wonder why I suggested it. Trust me.

Not to derail the thread, but just really quickly, did you see that Entertainment Weekly article where they interviewed Hunnam and Sutter about Gemma's fate? I know Dalsh posted parts of the article in the main thread, but not this part. This part is super spoilerish to me and I was really disappointed to read it. I don't think you mind spoilers too much and I was just curious if you read it. Got the link if you want. I debated about posting it in the main thread and decided not to. Thanks!

I haven't trusted trailers in a long time anyways. They're always so misleading these days, haha.

I have not, actually, but I would be interested in seeing it. Link me, if it isn't too much trouble. And you're right on, actually. Spoilers don't bother me any, and sometimes, funnily enough, have lead to me watching things.

Found a little gem of a movie called I'm Not Scared. I also watched The Return (2003) and Deadfall. The Return looked super promising but I was disappointed. Deadfall was awful.

I seem to recall hearing of a movie called "I'm Not Scared" and being interested in it for awhile, but I'm not sure it's the same one. What's the gist of it?

It is an Italian film set in the late 1970s about a young boy who discovers a hole in the ground where another boy is being held prisoner. That's not a spoiler at all. I highly recommend it! Great movie. It is based on an Italian novel.

I have seen that film, it is quite good, it is based on real events, kidnappings like that used to be very common.

I am 3 episodes into Season 3 of Homeland, I must say it has been pretty crap so far, does it get any better?

Edited by sturginho
  • Like 1

The Awakening. Really great ghost film, caused me to stay up just a few hours later. Not cause I was scared though, cause I had to think about the story... Honest, haha.

Also watched "Anjela Johnson: That's How We Do It". Quite a funny gal, definitely going to be watching more of her stuff and the other special of hers they have up.

I've also been watching "Good Eats." Funny show, wish they had more episodes up.

I watched Anjelah Johnson's second special on Netflix, "The Homecoming Show." Was not disappointed, still a very funny woman.

Watched all of season six of Sons of Anarchy to review without having to get up and swap discs, because yes, I am that lazy, haha. Also resumed Criminal Minds since I saw they added season nine back after fixing the audio issue they had.

I just finished the second season of Weeds and loved it. I'm not sure how they can keep the quality up through season eight though?

I can't speak personally since I've yet to finish off the series, but supposedly by the end there is a huge decline in quality. So, I'd prepare for that.

Season three was great as well. I'm sure there's a thread for Weeds on here somewhere but I don't wanna look at it until I've finished all 8 seasons. How far along are you?

I just finished the second season of Weeds and loved it. I'm not sure how they can keep the quality up through season eight though?

I can't speak personally since I've yet to finish off the series, but supposedly by the end there is a huge decline in quality. So, I'd prepare for that.

Season three was great as well. I'm sure there's a thread for Weeds on here somewhere but I don't wanna look at it until I've finished all 8 seasons. How far along are you?

I believe I was at the midpoint of season four when I finally checked out, but I don't remember a lot of the details. It's been a long time since I watched the show, like around this time of year, but in 2010. I had to quit watching since I was busy around that time, and when I wasn't busy I just never got back around to it. Since you brought it up though, I'll probably brush it off sometime soon. Glad to hear you've enjoyed it so far though, and hopefully what I heard was wrong cause it was a pretty fun show from what I remember.

I watched "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" this morning. I could've sworn it was already on Netflix, but if it was, it was taken off and added again this morning. Oh well. Also finished season seven of Criminal Minds. I really dislike how they write characters off on this show.

Also, yaaay, seven hundredth post! Technically. It's actually 698th, but whatever, it says 700, and that's awesome! :D

House of Cards is fucking dull. I do not like a single character on this show. I know that is expected since this is Washington, but to me, a show is a good as its characters.

It's seriously the most overrated show of at least the last five years, IMO. And that goes double for Spacey's performance, which is pure ham. Robin Wright is spectacular, but that's not enough to motivate me to pick up where I left off.

House of Cards is fucking dull. I do not like a single character on this show. I know that is expected since this is Washington, but to me, a show is a good as its characters.

It's seriously the most overrated show of at least the last five years, IMO. And that goes double for Spacey's performance, which is pure ham. Robin Wright is spectacular, but that's not enough to motivate me to pick up where I left off.

When I start to be critical of the actors and production quality, I have to remember, this is Netflix. Most of the budget went to location, Kevin Spacey and I guess Robin Wright too. But she is a long way from Forrest Gump and The Princess Bride. As awful her character may be, she is above the remaining cast of wooden actors, playing one dimensional characters.

There's the news paper editor guy from The Wire. I guess he plays a somewhat bigger part later on. The rest are a bunch of third rates

Anyway, I watched Beowulf, I thought it was great.

Finished all nine of the seasons of Criminal Minds on Netflix the other day. Pretty great show, but I still really dislike how they get rid of their mains and think it would be miles better if the criminals lasted 2-3 episodes instead of just one bad guy per week, in my opinion anyways. I also didn't enjoy how after the second season they pretty much revealed the "unsubs" right off the bat. Still though, it was pretty great for awhile, then was just good, but it never became downright horrible.

When I start to be critical of the actors and production quality, I have to remember, this is Netflix. Most of the budget went to location, Kevin Spacey and I guess Robin Wright too. But she is a long way from Forrest Gump and The Princess Bride. As awful her character may be, she is above the remaining cast of wooden actors, playing one dimensional characters.

There's the news paper editor guy from The Wire. I guess he plays a somewhat bigger part later on. The rest are a bunch of third rates

Anyway, I watched Beowulf, I thought it was great.

You two are crazy..... :P

House of Cards is great, for what it is. And I'm relatively sure you're not supposed to "like" the characters....not even in an "anti-hero" sort of way. You're (pretty much) supposed to despise them.