George Zimmerman does Celebrity Boxing

Dazey

on a serious note, it's absolutely appalling that zimmerman is accepting "celebrity status". he should be keeping his head down and thanking his lucky stars that the american justice system is so inherently silly.

Edited by NGOG

on a serious note, it's absolutely appalling that zimmerman is accepting "celebrity status". he should be keeping his head down and thanking his lucky stars that the american justice system is so inherently silly.

I know right? Have you seen his twitter account? I was convinced it was a fake at first.

• Like 1

I know right? Have you seen his twitter account? I was convinced it was a fake at first.

Just looked it up. Conclusion: FFS.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh lord, I don't think there is anything wrong with Suge's use of the word "baby"..and thats not even a liberal thing, lol at someone bringing that up, are you serious? Anyway, as you get older, especially when hit your 30's, you start to think of anyone under 20 as a kid, a child, a baby. Its just natural...not liberal or any of that BS.

It's a ridiculous statement that completely changes the context of the event. I don't support what the guy did by any stretch, but sensationalism is always a bad thing. I also disagree with those who try to paint trayvon as some mindless hood thug. It's all bullshit.

How does it in any way effect the context of the event? The only way it could do that is for someone reading it takes me on my word that Trayvon is a a child, like literally in his pampers, or was rather but everyone knows thats not the case so the obvious presumption is that it's just the use of an expression, no? A oft-used and very non-cryptic expression, like when you watch a documentary about a boxer and they talk about his early days and refer to him as a baby in his formative years in the profession, do you think anybody hearing that thinks Mike Tyson fought in the Junior Olympics while he was still being breast-fed?

The mistake you're making here is applying the principles of your criticism of mass media to a single person, which doesn't work. Were I a mass media outlet beaming news reports and the like across the world and constantly bombarding various populations referring to him as a baby THEN, maybe you can say it is that dangerous kind of sensationalism that has a negative effect on peoples understanding of events and skews them, thats kinda the nature of that particular criticism, that perhaps a turn of phrase was manipulated and then repeated often enough to the point where it has a subconcious influence on peoples view of events, the same doesn't apply for one person saying it once on a forum to a group of people who are au fait with events, if anyone then was to take it literally on some level they'd have to be a retard.

The definition of celebrity is a celebrated personality. Hmmm, broadly speaking I suppose vilification is a type of celebration. An en masse appraisal at any rate. I prefer the term 'dickhead' personally. Actually no, child murdering dickhead, if child is applicable, 15 year old youth murdering dickhead, there ya go ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

Oh lord, I don't think there is anything wrong with Suge's use of the word "baby"..and thats not even a liberal thing, lol at someone bringing that up, are you serious? Anyway, as you get older, especially when hit your 30's, you start to think of anyone under 20 as a kid, a child, a baby. Its just natural...not liberal or any of that BS.

unless of course a liberal is defending Bill Clinton for having sex with a "baby" in the oval office.

get your shit straight or leave it at the table

Guest Len B'stard

Did Clinton nail a minor though? And with respect, you use similar phrasing too, i've seen you refer to sporting prospects as 'the kid' and stuff like that, it's a common turn of phrase.

Edited by sugaraylen

so the cut off is right at 20 then huh, no grey area, 20 your a baby, 21, 22 its ok for the president to tell you the two of you will be together forever then take your clothes off and have his way in the oval office while his wife sleeps on the other side of the house?

ok, just checking your teams version of life

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno man, it's just an offhand term I used but if i was to quantify, I probably wouldn't call someone over 18 a baby. Maybe even 16 thinking about it so I guess Trayvons straddled the baby grey area :lol: You'd never refer to a 17 yr old as a kid or a child or a baby? Bearing in mind we're talking about a turn of phrase as opposed to a literal term, which is clarified the minute you're aware that we're talking about someone past the age of nipple sucking and goo goo gah gah. And I'm not on any team man, least of all a Clinton advocate, just a turn of phrase, a frequently used one too, like in the Tyson docu when he's talking about him and Robin Givens and how they got married young he's like 'we were just babies', it's just being made a point of here because of the issue regarding the media and peoples opinion that they tried to paint a skewed picture with a view to pushing an agenda on the populus at large but i ain't the fuckin' media here, just a simple man of God :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

so the cut off is right at 20 then huh, no grey area, 20 your a baby, 21, 22 its ok for the president to tell you the two of you will be together forever then take your clothes off and have his way in the oval office while his wife sleeps on the other side of the house?

ok, just checking your teams version of life

:lol:

you fucking rule Shades (even when you're being "mean" to me lol)

Edited by Gia

Guest Len B'stard

Can we get that guy from the hangover as his first opponent, you know the guy that owned the tiger and sang the phil collins song? Forget his name...

Susan weren't it?

Guest Len B'stard

Would you call him Susan? :lol:

He might struggle saying that himself.

Not without my running shoes on!

Once you kill someone why not cash in on it though.

To keep from getting your head kicked in, human decency, take your pick :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

But you killed someone...and in his case everyone wants to kill him anyway. He's probably broke too. Hiding out on a luxury yacht with military security must cost a bomb.

Guest Len B'stard

But you killed someone...and in his case everyone wants to kill him anyway. He's probably broke too. Hiding out on a luxury yacht with military security must cost a bomb.

Solution? Why The Big Brother House of course! :lol: George Zimmerman, Dappy out of N Dubz, Chris Tarrant, Susanne Charlton, Baby Spice and Michael Fish :lol:

Day 2: Dappy and George are not getting along, George in the diary room:

George: Look at him, little peanut-head motherfucker, i seen his kind, i seen his kind plenty, they always get away with everything, well not on this boys watch!

Edited by sugaraylen

I wish there was some way to find out what people on tv are really like. Thing is I can't really say what I'm like. I'm probably worse than half the people on Big Brother. I'd just sit in bed wanking about JFK til I got kicked then go directly to Ritzys to shag mingers in the toilets. Sell my story to the star.

Guest Len B'stard

Lose his mind up in there, up in there?

Following by a brisk bout of going all out and acting a fool i shouldn't wonder!

I wish there was some way to find out what people on tv are really like. Thing is I can't really say what I'm like. I'm probably worse than half the people on Big Brother. I'd just sit in bed wanking about JFK til I got kicked then go directly to Ritzys to shag mingers in the toilets. Sell my story to the star.

I'm reasonably sure they are the embodiment of about 90% of the negative stereotypes about them.