NINE INCH NAILS Discussion Lounge // New EP: 'ADD VIOLENCE' AVAILABLE 7.21

Broskirose

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This new version of Somewhat Damaged is fucking heavy, nothing too different but holy shit... this sounds great. Thanks Trent for the birthday gift (I turn 28 today, at least 10 of them I spent listening to TF songs almost every day :) )

• Like 1

So I guess Trent had a pretty big part in designing Apple Music.

Pitchfork interviews him.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/60190-trent-reznor-talks-apple-music-what-his-involvement-is-what-sets-it-apart/

Sadly they didn't link their reviews for The Fragile/With Teeth in that article...they absolutely panned The Fragile :lol:
With Teeth is atrocious. Their review of 'The Fragile' is a little baffling, since I consider it NIN's second best effort(they rated Hesitation Marks higher :lol:). But they justify their rating pretty well in the review, so whatever.

They suck TDS's dick though, and generally seem to like Trent.

http://m.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5802-the-downward-spiral-deluxe-edition/

Edited by Dan H.

Pitchfork is aight. At least they back their shit up with generally well written pieces.

I think they have the same issues as any music publication, they're unfair to some genres, suck some artists dicks, etc.

If I'm ever curious about a new release I check Pitchfork then I check The A.V. Club, and between the two publications I usually get a pretty good gauge of if I'll enjoy the album or not.

Honestly they have With Teeth a 6.5/10, which is about where I'd rate in anyways. The Fragile review is just baffling though :lol:

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/60190-trent-reznor-talks-apple-music-what-his-involvement-is-what-sets-it-apart/

Sadly they didn't link their reviews for The Fragile/With Teeth in that article...they absolutely panned The Fragile :lol:
With Teeth is atrocious.

Atrocious is a bit harsh. It's clearly not on the level of TDS/TF, but it's not The Slip-esk.

Atrocious is their review of TF. They seemed to think that Trent was purposely doing all he could to shock people like TDS/Manson era, but he clearly moved onto a different part of his career. Sure it's long and some of the lyrics are meh, but overall I'd still consider it a masterpiece, abit a bloated one.

If he would've released the left side only but replaced Pilgrimage and No, You Don't with The Way Out Is Through and Into The Void (or whatever the two strongest tracks on the right side are) then it would probably be viewed with TDS as his greatest.

With Teeth is atrocious.
Atrocious is a bit harsh. It's clearly not on the level of TDS/TF, but it's not The Slip-esk.

Atrocious is their review of TF. They seemed to think that Trent was purposely doing all he could to shock people like TDS/Manson era, but he clearly moved onto a different part of his career. Sure it's long and some of the lyrics are meh, but overall I'd still consider it a masterpiece, abit a bloated one.

If he would've released the left side only but replaced Pilgrimage and No, You Don't with The Way Out Is Through and Into The Void (or whatever the two strongest tracks on the right side are) then it would probably be viewed with TDS as his greatest.

Agreed, The Fragile is a fantastic album and not all that far behind TDS even in its current state