NINE INCH NAILS Discussion Lounge // New EP: 'ADD VIOLENCE' AVAILABLE 7.21

Broskirose

I was honestly dissapointed with the Berlin gig. But it's down to me, I was in a rock mood and got almost all electronic.

Edit: Cold Cave were awful, a huge dissapointment after Mew and Ladytron as supports that I can remember very well.

Edited by The Black
  • Like 1

I was honestly dissapointed with the Berlin gig. But it's down to me, I was in a rock mood and got almost all electronic.

Dude, I'd kill for your setlist.

1. Me, I'm Not

2. Sanctified

3. The Beginning of the End

4. March of the Pigs

5. Piggy

6. All Time Low

7. Disappointed

8. The Becoming

9. Came Back Haunted

10. Find My Way

11. Various Methods of Escape

12. Survivalism

13. The Warning

14. Copy of A

15. The Great Destroyer

16. Hand Covers Bruise

17. Beside You in Time

18. Wish

19. The Hand That Feeds

20. Head Like a Hole

21. Closer

22. The Day the World Went Away

23. Hurt

But yeah, I can see how it wouldn't cater to people who want to rock out. Me I'm Not as opener looks like it set the tone for the gig.

And you guys didn't get the normal stage production because it was an outdoor gig, right?

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 1

Dude, I'd kill for your setlist.

But yeah, I can see how it wouldn't cater to people who want to rock out. Me I'm Not as opener looks like it set the tone for the gig.

And you guys didn't get the normal stage production because it was an outdoor gig, right?

I was standing in the front row, so at first I thought the visuals might just have been lost for me because I was so close. But come to think of it, you're right, we didn't get any visuals. I think that's why the set was so radically different from the previous setlists I checked.

Roll on London this friday, and please bring the rockin' Trent ;)

ok word.

1. Me, I'm Not

2. Copy of A

3. 1,000,000

4. March of the Pigs

5. Piggy

6. The Frail

7. The Wretched

8. Gave Up

9. Sanctified

10. Closer

11. The Warning

12. Find My Way

13. Disappointed

14. Came Back Haunted

15. The Great Destroyer

16. Eraser

17. Wish

18. Only

19. The Hand That Feeds

20. Head Like A Hole

21. The Day the World Went Away

22. Hurt

I was seriously, seriously impressed by this show and was wicked pumped to hear The Wretched, Sanctified, and The Day The World Went Away especially. I was a little bummed that they hadn't been doing TDTWWA with the drums on this tour, but hearing it live definitely gave me a new appreciation for how powerful the studio version is. Me, I'm Not was a decent opener, but the crowd really started getting into it when Copy of A started - Glasgow crowds are fantastic and there was a pretty solid pit going for a few songs with the front of the crowd being pretty rough in general. I thought the setlist as a whole was a great mix of rock and electronic. Moral of the story - I'm definitely going to try and get to their tour with Soundgarden when I'm back stateside and you should, too. I also hung out with ARQ and her boyfriend and that was cool, the first time I've met another mygnr member.

• Like 1

ok word.

1. Me, I'm Not

2. Copy of A

3. 1,000,000

4. March of the Pigs

5. Piggy

6. The Frail

7. The Wretched

8. Gave Up

9. Sanctified

10. Closer

11. The Warning

12. Find My Way

13. Disappointed

14. Came Back Haunted

15. The Great Destroyer

16. Eraser

17. Wish

18. Only

19. The Hand That Feeds

20. Head Like A Hole

21. The Day the World Went Away

22. Hurt

I was seriously, seriously impressed by this show and was wicked pumped to hear The Wretched, Sanctified, and The Day The World Went Away especially. I was a little bummed that they hadn't been doing TDTWWA with the drums on this tour, but hearing it live definitely gave me a new appreciation for how powerful the studio version is. Me, I'm Not was a decent opener, but the crowd really started getting into it when Copy of A started - Glasgow crowds are fantastic and there was a pretty solid pit going for a few songs with the front of the crowd being pretty rough in general. I thought the setlist as a whole was a great mix of rock and electronic. Moral of the story - I'm definitely going to try and get to their tour with Soundgarden when I'm back stateside and you should, too. I also hung out with ARQ and her boyfriend and that was cool, the first time I've met another mygnr member.

Was good to meet you, too! :)

What an awesome gig. I lost everyone around the start of March Of The Pigs :lol: the crowd were a bit nuts. Trent and the boys were on fire, the atmosphere was electric. The light show was incredible too.

Highlight? Sweet dreams are made of this... :P

• Like 1

Cardiff was amazing last night, Trent was on fire. Easily as good as the show I saw at The O2 back in 2009, possibly even better as the show last night had amazing visuals. Hands down the best show I've seen I think, certainly equal to GNR and Springsteen :)

My first NIN show.

Really, really enjoyed it. Not a diehard by any means, much more of a casual fan but thought it translates amazingly into a live show.

Would also have to say I thought this was one of the best paced gigs I've ever been to. Seemed to know perfectly when to grab you by the balls and when to slow it down a bit.

Great to see Robin peforming again after 8 years, really glad to see him having a blast and having the crowd love him.

Beside You In Time x 18 for me would be an adequate set. Different tempos, mix the words around, play it backwards, play a MR. SELF DESTRUCT style, a Closer style, March of the Pigs style, Finck on vox and Trent on the harmonica, yep, I'd go for that. Seriously though BYIT would be my highlight of the set there, strange as it sounds. If only Right Where It Belongs followed it. Perfect!

• Like 2

They keep on changing the header of their website like every day. There was a security camera the other day and I instantly thought "Year Zero II" based on the setlists recently. But then the following day it was just a bunch of fans. Now it's a power plant. I don't get it. This either means something or I'm looking way to much into it.

I'll just leave this here and in the OP for easy reference unless it becomes clear that it doesn't mean shit.

nin_header.jpg

They keep on changing the header of their website like every day. There was a security camera the other day and I instantly thought "Year Zero II" based on the setlists recently. But then the following day it was just a bunch of fans. Now it's a power plant. I don't get it. This either means something or I'm looking way to much into it.

I'll just leave this here and in the OP for easy reference unless it becomes clear that it doesn't mean shit.

nin_header.jpg

It always means something. This is what Trent does to people.

• Like 2

One of the guys from Soundgarden has confirmed that NIN will go on last for the co-headlining tour, and they're going to bring a big production. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kim-thayil-explains-why-soundgarden-will-perform-before-nine-inch-nails-on-upcoming-co-headlining-tour/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And Trent says elements of the production will be based on the 2013 festival leg.

Whether you either attend it or more likely see bits of it on YouTube, it feels like youve seen it a number of different ways to present Nine Inch Nails. So for the Soundgarden tour in the summer, elements of that will be based on what we did in the very first thing in the cycle, which we only did at a few festivals around the world, which was I think the most interesting thing weve done so far, even more than Tension. It really felt like a vital live show, where we build a show and put together a stage that starts completely bare. The plan is were going to base it on that and to expand upon it. Lots of chances for things to go wrong. http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/05/23/nine-inch-nails-soundgarden-tour-trent-reznor-interview/