Rapid Fire demos... some news

This is a freakin' garage band he was in as a kid.

If a guy goes off and becomes a famous artist, are we supposed to be interested in the finger painting he did when he was 5 years old?

They played live at Gazzarri's and they're studio demos that were paid for, so it's a little bit above garage band ("AXL" might be another story, or whatever he was doing when he first came to LA and couch surfed at Izzy's), but as I've pointed out, this is the tape Kim Fowley told Axl it was horrible, he went off and threw his tantrum, but came back and agreed with Kim.

It's possible he could have sang on local commercials in Indiana and SoCal that no one even knows about and long forgotten.

To most of us, it wouldn't be horrible but we've never really heard Axl develop as a singer, and that's something that interests certain people. Education value, historical value, yeah. But trying to use the GNR name to sell it is where the line should have been drawn.

There's other artists who don't want these types of tapes out. Some artists try to buy out the tapes so they're never heard.

People spend through the nose for 5 year old John Lennon artwork, but you have to have made it to dead icon before the library card Hendrix or Kurt Cobain filled out in 4th grade becomes worth some coin.

From what you're saying it's something that Axl et al didn't feel was up to snuff.

It's an invasion of his privacy to persist against his wishes. He doesn't owe fans

anything more than he is willing to give. These undue demands by the public are

not supportive to an artist who has a right to control of their own image. I think

anyone pushing for this is either bored or likes to see people harmed.

Are people gonna soon be demanding to see the audition tapes of actors for their career-changing roles

to understand their development? How far into the rectum of our celebrities are we gonna go?

To most of us, it wouldn't be horrible but we've never really heard Axl develop as a singer, and that's something that interests certain people. Education value, historical value, yeah. But trying to use the GNR name to sell it is where the line should have been drawn.

Is this even possible though?

The only interest this holds for anybody is the inclusion of Axl Rose, lead singer from Guns N' Roses. How can you market this without relying heavily (and I'd argue exclusively) on that part of the equation?

In a way, we are the marketing team, not just this site, but all the GNR fansites, that Kevin doesn't really need to do anything except post in a few of them the release date. Word spreads pretty fast.

Agreed but he will be in a worse place after it proves to be a pyrrhic victory. He can be sure that he will not be liked by many more people after.

If a guy goes off and becomes a famous artist, are we supposed to be interested in the finger painting he did when he was 5 years old?

But trying to use the GNR name to sell it is where the line should have been drawn.

If you look at it from an unbiased perspective, without being a fan of Axl Rose, would that change your mind about how you feel? I only ask as I see people saying that this guy should respect Axl's feelings and if Axl doesn't want it released then he should just scrap it. But if this guy legally OWNS the tapes - then doesn't he have as much say so as Axl does? Why is Axl's opinion more relevant or valuable than this guy's? Why can't Axl respect this guy's decision?

That's what is weird about this forum and what causes so many fights. Very few people can look at these issues without throwing in their personal bias. A singer's old bandmate wants to release a few songs that he legally owns - and the singer doesn't want him to. That is the issue.

If Axl wanted to release some old hidden Appetite sessions and Slash legally blocked it...............OMG, the same people on here ripping Kevin would be absolutely crucifying Slash. Axl owns the tapes, how DARE Slash try and block it!!!

What's troubling is when people start thinking that Axl's opinions or rights or feelings are more important than other people's. (Not saying you do that). That's when this moves from an adult conversation between people into that creepy weird celebrity worship thing.

Would I like to hear old recordings of Axl? Of course. Axl has released one album in the last 20 years. Of course fans want to hear music with his voice on it.

What sucks is that these two guys couldn't have worked something out financially. Axl will probably spend more money on lawyers than he would have needed to buy the tapes. And I bet most singers wouldn't have even cared. They would have bought the songs and then streamed them on their official website and let their fans have a treat "here's me 30 years ago in one of the first bands I was in! Lol - luckily I learned how to sing since then. Enjoy this blast from the past." But in Axl and Team Brazil's world: SUE, SUE, SUE!!!!!!

But trying to use the GNR name to sell it is where the line should have been drawn.

If you look at it from an unbiased perspective, without being a fan of Axl Rose, would that change your mind about how you feel? I only ask as I see people saying that this guy should respect Axl's feelings and if Axl doesn't want it released then he should just scrap it. But if this guy legally OWNS the tapes - then doesn't he have as much say so as Axl does? Why is Axl's opinion more relevant or valuable than this guy's? Why can't Axl respect this guy's decision?

That's what is weird about this forum and what causes so many fights. Very few people can look at these issues without throwing in their personal bias. A singer's old bandmate wants to release a few songs that he legally owns - and the singer doesn't want him to. That is the issue.

If Axl wanted to release some old hidden Appetite sessions and Slash legally blocked it...............OMG, the same people on here ripping Kevin would be absolutely crucifying Slash. Axl owns the tapes, how DARE Slash try and block it!!!

What's troubling is when people start thinking that Axl's opinions or rights or feelings are more important than other people's. (Not saying you do that). That's when this moves from an adult conversation between people into that creepy weird celebrity worship thing.

Would I like to hear old recordings of Axl? Of course. Axl has released one album in the last 20 years. Of course fans want to hear music with his voice on it.

What sucks is that these two guys couldn't have worked something out financially. Axl will probably spend more money on lawyers than he would have needed to buy the tapes. And I bet most singers wouldn't have even cared. They would have bought the songs and then streamed them on their official website and let their fans have a treat "here's me 30 years ago in one of the first bands I was in! Lol - luckily I learned how to sing since then. Enjoy this blast from the past." But in Axl and Team Brazil's world: SUE, SUE, SUE!!!!!!

I didn't read much of this thread but IMO if Axl and GNR were not famous this guy wouldn't give a shit about these demos.

• Like 1

I didn't read much of this thread but IMO if Axl and GNR were not famous this guy wouldn't give a shit about these demos.

That is a true statement. But........nobody else would give a crap either.

I'm just saying he should put the tapes out but try to avoid mentioning Axl and GNR in promoting it. The less power Axl's lawyers have in trying to delay or block the release, the better, but not if they're going to use Axl and GNR as a selling point. You don't think the music websites like Blabbermouth aren't going to be able to spread the word about it being out, when the ChiDem demos spread like wildfire hours after they were leaked?

Just the whole thing of Axl not wanting those tapes out is going to make people want to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured this topic would be blowing up with people bashing Axl for trying to stop this release.

If Rapid Fire owns the band name and the songs, why should Axl try and prevent him from releasing it?

And if Axl blocked Slash from releasing a couple GnR songs on his live concert DVD.............sounds like Karma is coming back to bite somebody in the rear.

I suspect all the people bashing Slash right now in the Vegas DVD topic are going to now come here and bash Axl for doing the EXACT same thing to two other releases. Right?

• Like 1

Groghan, when have you ever criticized someone for "bashing" Axl? Oh that's right, never. Because you only care when negative things are said about Slash. It gives you reason to make dramatic exaggerations and respond to them. Have you looked up what a strawman logical fallacy is yet? I mean, you repeatedly say how logical you are in your reasoning, I figured you'd be embarrassed by all the times you resort to logical fallacies to make your points.

Shouldn't you be happy now? They banned volcano.

Groghan, when have you ever criticized someone for "bashing" Axl? Oh that's right, never. Because you only care when negative things are said about Slash. It gives you reason to make dramatic exaggerations and respond to them. Have you looked up what a strawman logical fallacy is yet? I mean, you repeatedly say how logical you are in your reasoning, I figured you'd be embarrassed by all the times you resort to logical fallacies to make your points.

Why was Volcano banned?

Why was Volcano banned?

I'm not entirely sure, other than he spent his last warning point. But I mean, with Volcano gone, that takes away approximately 90% of the people Groghan talks about in his posts.

On topic:

For the record, I do fault Axl for holding up the RapidFire release. Let the guy make a few bucks off the sales. Give the fans some music who may be interested in Axl's evolution as a singer and artist. See? I'm not such a worshipper after all. ; )

• Like 2

Why would I be happy that Volcano got banned? He loved GnR and was a huge Axl fan. I guarantee you that he "reported" me more times than I ever reported him.

You really need to stop with the straw man stuff. You clearly don't know the meaning of the phrase. It's funny in that you have starting doing what you accuse me of doing. Just in the last couple days you've made several posts about how the "slash fans" have done this or said that. ONE time I asked you to provide a name of these mysterious fans you were talking about. How did that go? You provided a name.......that person logged in and said you were WRONG about what they said!!!!! That had to be a bit embarrassing for you. Straw man?

I'd much rather they banned somebody like you. Volcano was at least a fan. Occasionally he went off the deep end with his Slash hatred, but at the end of the day he was a loyal and dedicated GnR fan. SO we all knew that the majority of his posts were based on his love of Axl and GnR. You, on the other hand, seem to just come here to insult and try and piss people off. I'm not embarrassed by anything I say on here, because I enjoy chatting and even arguing with other GnR fans. I don't come here to "get" people or try and get in the best insult or piss somebody off. Every post I make doesn't have a snarky comment in it. I've had great discussions with people that I've fought with on other topics.

My reason for coming here is to chat with GnR fans.

Your reason? To insult and try and piss people off.

I'd be thrilled to never get into another argument again on this forum. You? You seem to revel in telling people how embarrassed or angry or sad they must be. Half your posts aren't even about the actual topic, just you making smartass comments to people. Some day you might think about that and go a different route. Stop being a constant douchebag. Stop getting joy out of pointing out other people's mistakes (in your mind). And instead, try and be nice to people. Try to engage people in a normal conversation. Try and stick to the actual topic instead of just telling the person how they are (insert insult here).

Some people love me here, some people hate me. But at least I put out opinions and thoughts about the actual topics. What do you do? Your main reason for coming here is to try and piss people off. Life is too short to have an attitude like that. People don't like me because they don't agree with my opinions. People don't like you because you act like a douchebag.

Put me on ignore if you don't like my posts. Pretty simple.

Why would I be happy that Volcano got banned? He loved GnR and was a huge Axl fan. I guarantee you that he "reported" me more times than I ever reported him.

You really need to stop with the straw man stuff. You clearly don't know the meaning of the phrase. It's funny in that you have starting doing what you accuse me of doing. Just in the last couple days you've made several posts about how the "slash fans" have done this or said that. ONE time I asked you to provide a name of these mysterious fans you were talking about. How did that go? You provided a name.......that person logged in and said you were WRONG about what they said!!!!! That had to be a bit embarrassing for you. Straw man?

I'd much rather they banned somebody like you. Volcano was at least a fan. Occasionally he went off the deep end with his Slash hatred, but at the end of the day he was a loyal and dedicated GnR fan. SO we all knew that the majority of his posts were based on his love of Axl and GnR. You, on the other hand, seem to just come here to insult and try and piss people off. I'm not embarrassed by anything I say on here, because I enjoy chatting and even arguing with other GnR fans. I don't come here to "get" people or try and get in the best insult or piss somebody off. Every post I make doesn't have a snarky comment in it. I've had great discussions with people that I've fought with on other topics.

I'd be thrilled to never get into another argument again on this forum. You? You seem to revel in telling people how embarrassed or angry or sad they must be. Half your posts aren't even about the actual topic, just you making smartass comments to people. Some day you might think about that and go a different route. Stop being a constant douchebag. Stop getting joy out of pointing out other people's mistakes (in your mind). And instead, try and be nice to people. Try to engage people in a normal conversation. Try and stick to the actual topic instead of just telling the person how they are (insert insult here).

Some people love me here, some people hate me. But at least I put out opinions and thoughts about the actual topics. What do you do? Your main reason for coming here is to try and piss people off. Life is too short to have an attitude like that. People don't like me because they don't agree with my opinions. People don't like you because you act like a douchebag.

Groghan, show what you've just written to a logic instructor and get back to me. Ask him how many times you attacked a straw man. Let me know, Aunt Sally. Also, you seemed to be describing yourself in a lot of that post. That's called projection, by the way.

On topic:

But hey, did you notice I docked Axl points for holding up the RapidFire release? Did ya see?? C'mon, how in the world is that possible if I'm such an Axl worshipper and everything I do is based on what Axl thinks? It means your lies and exaggerations are just that.

Groghan, show what you've just written to a logic instructor and get back to me. Ask him how many times you attacked a straw man. Let me know, Aunt Sally. Also, you seemed to be describing yourself in a lot of that post. That's called projection, by the way.

On topic:

But hey, did you notice I docked Axl points for holding up the RapidFire release? Did ya see?? C'mon, how in the world is that possible if I'm such an Axl worshipper and everything I do is based on what Axl thinks? It means your lies and exaggerations are just that.

Mommy...Daddy...please, stop fighting. You're tearing this family apart.

On topic:

You are more of a shit-stirrer who loves trying to piss people off rather than somebody who blindly worships everything Axl does.

Thanks for sharing your personal insights on me and my posting style.

Good for you if you docked Axl points in a topic. I hadn't noticed that yet. My goal isn't to give/dock people points for their posts. I'm more interested in having conversations with people - don't really care about holding people accountable for things they say. I'm not here to "win" or "get" people. I know that's what you like doing - so more power to you!!!! Just not my thing.

You are clearly more interested in arguing and showing me what a bad person and poster I am. So I will let you have the last word and let you unload and tell me how bad and evil I am. You are right. I used straw man tactics. I'm a hypocrite regarding the amount of posts I make bashing posters depending on if they are against Axl or Slash. And al the other things you've said about me as a person - ALL TRUE. You win, I lose. Myngrforum posters - everything that Brainsaber says is true (except the thing about Gunnari, which turned out to be a lie). Whatever personal insults Brainsaber says about me are 100% accurate. Just take his words as truth.

And for the first time in my 10 years at the forum, I am putting somebody on "ignore." For the rest of the posters on here, I look forward to chatting with you about Guns n Roses!!!! Whether we agree or disagree, it's always a good time. It's been fun popcorn/brainsaber/saber - but I just can't match your intellect and wit. Now you must go find a new villain to defeat. Good luck to ya, kid.

• Like 1

More lies and exaggerations (along with an insult), but I guess that's the type of person you are. And, for someone who wants to stay on topic so much, you sure do write a lot about off-topic stuff. Goodbye Groghan, it's been fun. I guess this means you'll stop talking about me in PMs to other people, which seems to be something you do regularly based on the forwarded messages I've received.

NOW, BACK TO THE TOPIC:

As I said earlier in the thread, I wish Axl would allow these to be released. I'm sure he could negotiate a deal where he could have control of how it's marketed, so that there's no misleading information used to advertise it.

Edited by saber_

This is one of those rarte occasions since 98where I would tend to side w axl - I had never heard of this band until this guy posted that snippet to get his 15 min of fame and he is clearly doig it to cash in on axl's name and voice - if their his songs and he owns everything - release them w another singer - one thing he doesn't own is axls voice

This is one of those rarte occasions since 98where I would tend to side w axl - I had never heard of this band until this guy posted that snippet to get his 15 min of fame and he is clearly doig it to cash in on axl's name and voice - if their his songs and he owns everything - release them w another singer - one thing he doesn't own is axls voice

But if he "owns" the recordings (with Axl's voice) then why shouldn't he be able to release it?

Everything you say is true, obviously he is trying to cash in because Axl was involved. Is it a crappy thing for him to do? Probably. But if he owns the music, he should be able to release it. And I can't believe that Axl couldn't have worked with the guy to prevent the release.

Imagine you want to become an actor. Your first few films are in pretty crappy movies. But you get paid and show up and act your part. None of those films make it big.

Twenty years later, you've gone on to become an A-list actor.

Should the film company that legally owns the film not be allowed to sell it now? Simply because you became popular and successful? That would be ludicrous. Would their right to sell their OWN film be dependent on how successful the actors eventually went on to become? If a guy became a b-level actor, they could sell it.....but if a guy becomes an a-list actor, they can't sell it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3/27/14

A letter to Bill Bailey AKA Axl Rose's lawyer:

Kevin Lawrence

c/o Street Smart Records

179 I St.,

Cayucos, CA 93430

3/27/14

Douglas S. Mark, Esq.

Mark Music and Media Law

120 El Camino Dr.,

Suite 104 Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Re: Rapidfire

Dear Doug, I don’t know if you have heard but Joshua Solomon has committed suicide and thus can no longer represent me. What little dealings we need to have, you can do directly with me from here on out. I have not heard back from you regarding Josh’s last letter dated Jan 1, 2014. Thats almost 60 days. I will consider this a sign that you realize that you have no legal basis on which to stop to the release of these recordings. I have all my PA and SR forms in order, I have physical possession and copyrights of all tapes and digital files as well as the photos that I had taken of the band and a receipt for the recording session with my name as the one who paid for the session. Joshua also gave you the opportunity for an extension as well as the opportunity to give us any valid personal reasons why Mr. Bailey would not want these recordings released. I was willing to listen. That time has expired and I am moving forward. The fans want it and demonstrated it with 80,000 YouTube hits in two days before you illegally filed a copyright infringement complaint…….. If you try this tactic again I will not only have it easily reversed by showing my copyright forms but I will file a complaint with the Bar Association about your knowingly filing illegal and false claims of copyright ownership. I don’t care how much money your client has. I have the law on my side and will use it to the fullest extent. If you have PA and SR forms on this music dated before mine showing Bill Bailey as the owner of the copyrights we can stop right here. I’m not out to break the law. I have abided and tried to please Mr. Bailey for 10 years and stalled this release to no avail. The time is now. Just a heads up, our Kickstarter account goes up soon. All music and the video is copywritten by me and all photos are either mine or public domain. Once the record releases each member of the band who played on the recordings will get more than recommended 9.1 cents per song and will get 10 cents per song for a total of 50 cents paid to each player for each album sold. Would your client prefer his check to be made out to Bill Bailey or Axl Rose. Per your and your predecessors wishes we will call your client Bill Bailey AKA Axl Rose to stay well within the bounds of nominative fair use. Please feel free to write me or talk to me if you feel it necessary. I’m quite approachable and reasonable. Please note that by sending this letter, I am not enumerating all nor waiving any of my legal rights, and all such rights are hereby expressly reserved.

Sincerely Kevin Lawrence

Kevin@StreetSmartRecords.com

about an hour ago

https://www.facebook.com/Rapidfire1983?filter=3

"All music and the video is copywritten by me"

what video is this?

I don't even know what to say. The letter comes off as snobby and not all that professional.

• Like 1