Rapid Fire demos... some news

I'd be more concearned my brother died than care about shitty demo's with helium pre gnr Axl.

"In his honor" what bollocks. I sure he done more with his life than work on a shitty legal case about shitty demo's. He's doing it for himself, not his brother or anyone else.

What makes you so sure? You don't know that's the case. It's possible, but you're just guessing here man.

Well, his brother obviously had his own demons as he commited suicide. Why not combat those reasons in his honor?

Just seemed like hollywood rose managed to release demos, so this guy is wanting to cash grab on it too. Typical case of selling out your friends for money and abusing there celebrity status.

Of course i don't know the details, but why can't he just respect the singers wishes?

They have probably spent more fighting this case in court than they could ever make by commercially selling these recordings. Maybe like Marc Canter's Reckless Road book, this too is a labor of love.

Axl has always had haters and people turning against him. Like Jesus. Judas sold him out and commited suicide because he couldn't live with the guilt. I guess some things never change..

You're comparing Axl to Jesus?

I'd be more concearned my brother died than care about shitty demo's with helium pre gnr Axl.

"In his honor" what bollocks. I sure he done more with his life than work on a shitty legal case about shitty demo's. He's doing it for himself, not his brother or anyone else.

What makes you so sure? You don't know that's the case. It's possible, but you're just guessing here man.

Well, his brother obviously had his own demons as he commited suicide. Why not combat those reasons in his honor?

Just seemed like hollywood rose managed to release demos, so this guy is wanting to cash grab on it too. Typical case of selling out your friends for money and abusing there celebrity status.

Of course i don't know the details, but why can't he just respect the singers wishes?

They have probably spent more fighting this case in court than they could ever make by commercially selling these recordings. Maybe like Marc Canter's Reckless Road book, this too is a labor of love.

Axl has always had haters and people turning against him. Like Jesus. Judas sold him out and commited suicide because he couldn't live with the guilt. I guess some things never change..

Comparing Axl to a fictional character ?

• Like 1

Comparing Axl to a fictional character ?

07yaEfu.gif

Fuck me. I now truly believe that Axl has the most demented fans on the planet.

RIP for this chap. Hope he gets his demos out.

Definitely. I can't believe these people. They come up with some weird bullshit. 100% demented fans.

From what I heard of the tunes - the rock world will definitely survive if this never sees the light of day - my question ois, why wait 30 years to try to get it out there?

My question too.

It seems that they saw dollar signs when the Hollywood Rose stuff came out.

From what I heard of the tunes - the rock world will definitely survive if this never sees the light of day - my question ois, why wait 30 years to try to get it out there?

My question too.

It seems that they saw dollar signs when the Hollywood Rose stuff came out.

10 years ago when they actually could make some actual money. Slap it up on Spotify and Pandora and they might squeeze out 5 dollars.

Axl compared himself to Jesus in London in 2012. He cut the show short to make sure that anybody that was taking the last train that went out that night could do so. He said something along the lines of, "I give give give. I'm like Jesus. Just bad. Bad Jesus."

And it wasn't really a direct comparison. He just brought up the most extreme example he could think of to prove that anyone could be betrayed/hated. I'm not really seeing what the big deal is.

And to respond to this threads subject matter I'll be an echo to the "If they don't have a leg to stand on then just release it already" camp. It just makes no sense, if they have no legal right just release the piece of shit and get on with your life.

Hearing about anyone's suicide is terribly sad, and this is no exception. Whatever was going on with this guy that compelled him to take his own life, it's sad.

However, I do find it odd that in the same announcement about the death, this guy is ranting about his legal battle with Axl. Time and place, dude. Time and place. He could have just left it at "we're going to do our best to get these recordings out for Josh" and saved the particulars for another post.

Also, the fact that he's asking people to write letters, and that the case has been going on for so long, do make me wonder if he's bluffing when he says that Axl doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. Perhaps he does. He claims that he owns the masters/copyrights/etc. but I can't see Axl signing away all the rights to his own work, unless he really was fresh off the bus. And owning the copyrights to the songs and paying for the recordings don't necessarily give someone the right to sell a tape of a performance of said songs.

Edited by stella

Hearing about anyone's suicide is terribly sad, and this is no exception. Whatever was going on with this guy that compelled him to take his own life, it's sad.

However, I do find it odd that in the same announcement about the death, this guy is ranting about his legal battle with Axl. Time and place, dude. Time and place. He could have just left it at "we're going to do our best to get these recordings out for Josh" and saved the particulars for another post.

Also, the fact that he's asking people to write letters, and that the case has been going on for so long, do make me wonder if he's bluffing when he says that Axl doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. Perhaps he does. He claims that he owns the masters/copyrights/etc. but I can't see Axl signing away all the rights to his own work, unless he really was fresh off the bus. And owning the copyrights to the songs and paying for the recordings don't necessarily give someone the right to sell a tape of a performance of said songs.

Agreed about the poor form in starting in about Axl as you announce such news.

But as for the second bit, the answer can be found in that 35 page Unabomber manifesto on the Rapidfire site. He goes into several asides and detours about the legal system and how it works. However, he also throws in his 2 cents about how he thinks it should work.

Well, all due respect, no one cares what you think. Settled law is settled law. The fact you don't agree is pointless and damn sure not "proof" that Axl "has no legal leg to stand on". That's just something he has convinced himself is true.

And the proof is that if Axl really had nothing, he'd move on this. But he hasn't, so his opinion is wrong.

suicide is devastating and everyone reacts differently.

this guys bro hanged himself.

you always want to blame someone or something.

i also think "time and place" and just put it on youtube if u don't care about the money.

i have heard some of it and it's nothing really.Axl helium.

it's certainly not vERY important.

but i feel for the guys loss.RIP.

Per the rapidfire FB page:

"UPDATE: Non Disclosure and template for CD artwork sent out to artist. Soon as that's done, I send him all the pictures and liner notes, and we create our Collectors Edition CD packaging which will be a killer walk down memory lane for us Rockers. Final mix and mastering in Los Angeles after Josh's scattering of ashes. Hoping Kickstarter works as well to help pay for pressing. I think we're gonna need alot of CDs especially for South America. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Can't wait for the 500 page cease and desist. Snore...zzz.zzz."

this is confusing.

and again,this isn't anything of very particular significance.

i hope the CD comes out and i can go buy it,but don't want to get involved in any serious way.

i agree with D-Generation that Axl is a madman and we have made somehow peace with it.

i hope he doesn't send lawyers and shit to stop this.

it's only for a small market and there's not THAT much cash to be made.

I do not defend everything Axl does, but I can actually understand why he would be annoyed about this and try to stop it.

From what I've heard of the Rapidfire stuff, it's not particularly great. The only thing it has going for it, and the only reason it would be of interest to anyone whatsoever, is because Axl Rose happens to be the lead singer. In addition, the guy IS trying to make a profit - he's not planning on posting this all on YouTube for free to share the history with the world; he wants to release it for purchase. Even if he claims that Axl will get some royalties from it, since he claims he owns the copyrights, I daresay he's not giving Axl or any of the other musicians a large share. So he's essentially trying to make money off Axl Rose's identity and voice. Moreover, he's trying to make Axl seem like a villain for trying to block it.

If you make your living with your identity and voice - you might have an issue with someone else trying to cash in on it. Particularly when that person is digging up clips that show you when you're not yet at your best and they're trying to claim that they own your performance. An actor would probably be annoyed if someone unearthed his performance in his high school play, claimed that they owned all the rights to it because they'd recorded the show, and sold DVDs of it. It's the same sort of thing here.

I've also noticed that he hasn't indicated that any of the other guys in Rapidfire are down with his plans...it's just him.

Edited by stella

I can see why he might take issue with it but I don't think it should be viewed as Axl not at his best. To me it's more Axl honing his craft, all artists go through this whether they are musicians, actors, painters even sportsmen. It's actually beneficial for those inspired by others to see someones path to glory and realise you don't start off perfect and it rarely happens overnight. We are pedalled too much X Factor crap these days which I believe is damaging to the creative industries.

For this reason I think it would be good to have this stuff out there whether it is legal or something he should be doing without Axl's blessing I guess remains to be seen.

• Like 1

More news:

"Once the Kickstarter Account is up and running within the next few days, please make a $30 donation towards the production costs of the CD through Kickstarter, and get sent, postage paid, a 4.4 oz. 100% (XL only) cotton tee of the flyer of the last gig Bill Bailey played with Rapidfire before he became Axl Rose. A collectors edition for sure. Tee shirt design 1983 © Kevin Lawrence."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=640533449335318&set=a.637223266333003.1073741825.194243630630971&type=1&theater

XL only, that's sorta weird. Never heard a shirt listed by weight either.