Does Axl even want to release any more music? Or is that just a collective delusion from us diehards?

My feeling is that Axl is trapped.

He wants to get his music out but he feels he must have the labels pony up huge money to give CD II a massive push.

BUT with his poor relationship management history, terrible management and their own poor business acumen, a faceless band, poor personal image and a worn out Greatest Hits tour...he just isn't worth the risk any more. I bet they told him so too.

Axl took a look at all of the above and knows the only way back to the big time is to reunite the old band and ditch TB in favour of mainstream representation. It also means doing as you're told and being part of a team rather than the centre of the universe. After 20 years of being spoilt and indulged and hidden from so much by those around him, that all probably seems to unpalatable to a man his age.

Dirtching TB means he goes home to an empty house, So faced with such an epic climbdown and a life alone without his (paypal) family, he's decided that he cannot move forward and realise the destiny he wanted for GNR.

So what's left? I think rather than go all artsy and put a gun in his mouth, he's decided to relax, drink & eat lots, chill, get wasted and write about giraffes and dial in the hits to eternally forgiving and fun loving South Americans .

And blame and hate Slash for all of it, 24/7, until he dies.

Great post.

And sadly enough, I think you are probably pretty accurate.

Imagine if Beta and her family would have actually been business savvy and cared about Axl's fans!!! Imagine if they would have "pushed" him to be more fan friendly, to release music for his fans instead of playing into his fears and insecurity that the entire world was out to get him. Imagine being a GnR fan today - with five albums worth of material out (instead of just one), 15 music videos, Axl popping into the forum to chat 2-3 times a year, him doing some real indepth interviews......bummer that Beta/family weren't actual fans of Axl's music.

Silkworms could possibly be one of those 3 new songs they are meant to play my guess OMG, Silkworms and Going Down

What a joke that would be.

For a band whose last album was over five years ago, and the last album before that was over 20 years ago, to say they are going to debut three songs on the next tour......if those songs are three songs that we've already heard before, one of them being released as a single over a decade ago........it would just be friggin ridiculous and every member of that band should be embarrassed. Time to create your own legacy as a band and stop milking the past just so you can collect a fat paycheck. Unless, of course, your dream as a musician is to cover other people's music for a living. If so - continue on.

Silkworms could possibly be one of those 3 new songs they are meant to play my guess OMG, Silkworms and Going Down

For a band whose last album was over five years ago, and the last album before that was over 20 years ago, to say they are going to debut three songs on the next tour......if those songs are three songs that we've already heard before, one of them being released as a single over a decade ago........it would just be friggin ridiculous and every member of that band should be embarrassed. Time to create your own legacy as a band and stop milking the past just so you can collect a fat paycheck. Unless, of course, your dream as a musician is to cover other people's music for a living. If so - continue on.

I don't know about you but as a GNR fan I would love to hear those songs since I have never heard them live.

'Oh My God' at RIR III was pretty solid, I thought.

Yeah and for some reason I love the ending when the band stops playing and Axl sings "the only one in the game that's lost is you"

Which I think is a total accident. He starts that ending part late.

But I agree, I like it better that way.

I don't know about you but as a GNR fan I would love to hear those songs since I have never heard them live.

Apples and oranges.

Of course, any GnR fan would love to hear songs live that they haven't heard before.

The conversation was about GnR playing three 'new' songs.

Three new songs shouldn't be three songs that have already been played live before, or that we've already heard before, or one that doesn't even have Axl on lead vocals. They should be three new songs.

Volcano,

What would you rather the three new songs be:

1. OMG, Going Down and I Think About You

or

2. The General, Atlas Shrugged and Soulmonster

The conversation was about GnR playing three 'new' songs.

Three new songs shouldn't be three songs that have already been played live before, or that we've already heard before, or one that doesn't even have Axl on lead vocals. They should be three new songs.

Yeah, but don't you figure they play real fast and loose with that definition?

"New didn't mean new-new, it just meant new, you know?"

or maybe nothing new will b played and they stick to CD,jungle,easy etc.

and the solo spots and the rest of the bs.

thats what i think.

i don't think Axl is planning on anything that would make us hardcores happy.

i hope I'm wrong but i don't think he will play silkworms.

and that is not a new song.it's old.

i will probably be going to vegas with no expectations.

hoping Izzy shows up.

or maybe nothing new will b played and they stick to CD,jungle,easy etc.

and the solo spots and the rest of the bs.

thats what i think.

i don't think Axl is planning on anything that would make us hardcores happy.

i hope I'm wrong but i don't think he will play silkworms.

and that is not a new song.it's old.

i will probably be going to vegas with no expectations.

hoping Izzy shows up.

You're attending? GET HYPED.

To Answer the threads original Question - YES !

there is no need to wonder about it either - Axl said in the 2011 LA Times interview " Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, Then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to , and to use Guns n' Roses to do so "

To Answer the threads original Question - YES !

there is no need to wonder about it either - Axl said in the 2011 LA Times interview " Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, Then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to , and to use Guns n' Roses to do so "

He basically called GN'R his solo band. He should just go solo, probably would sell more records and tickets.

Silkworms in Vegas?

NEVER.

Vegas shows are not the platform to play your hopelessly dated Prodigy rip offs.

People go to Vegas for shows like Elton, Britney and the Circus....and now to suok up live version SWOM and PC etc while drinking a few cold ones in your kaki shorts. Not to indulge in sonic experiments.

NO NO NO

Axl's record of risk taking lately is somewhere around zero so..

I could imagine the more likely scenario will be old UYI staples like :

- 14 years with Izzy guesting.

- Pretty Tied Up

- Bad Obsession with Zig Zag back from history to play blues harp.

Edited by Intercourse

Silkworms in Vegas?

NEVER.

Vegas shows are not the platform to play your hopelessly dated Prodigy rip offs.

People go to Vegas for shows like Elton, Britney and the Circus....and now to suok up live version SWOM and PC etc while drinking a few cold ones in your kaki shorts. Not to indulge in sonic experiments.

NO NO NO

Axl's record of risk taking lately is somewhere around zero so..

I could imagine the more likely scenario will be old UYI staples like :

- 14 years with Izzy guesting.

- Pretty Tied Up

- Bad Obsession with Zig Zag back from history to play blues harp.

This.

People hoping Axl still has any interest in his industrial stuff... well, sorry. They are doing vegas now. Don't be surprised if Pitman plays a harmonica instead of synths this time.

I am sure we will get new music and probably sooner than later :shades:

Also don't forget that they might not debut new songs in Vegas ,but they are much more likely to play new stuff in Brazil !

Depends on what you call new songs.

What makes you so sure we will get new music sooner than later?

Why would they debut new material in Brazil but not in Vegas?

Hell... why would they debut new material?

If you can answer these questions, NuGNR has a new fan.

I agree with Gene Skinner. ProstituteComa, to answer your question

Why would they debut new material in Brazil?

-Rock In Rio 2

-Rock In Rio 3

Estranged came back at Rock In Rio 4

Why not do another debut there?

Why would they debut new material?

That's what bands do. Bands play shows, releases albums, play songs from the albums, record more songs, play those songs live and release another album.

What makes us sure?

Axl is active again, and all signs are pointing to another great tour like 09-10. Twitter, releasing 2 concerts, the thing with Billboard, its all good news.

Edited by Shacklers Democracy