Does Axl even want to release any more music? Or is that just a collective delusion from us diehards?

Thanks Shacklers Democracy ;)

I think they were going to debut new songs at RIR 2011 as well ( probably Going Down ) but I think a few things went wrong - the weather and also a few behind the scene things ( not band related )

You could see Axl wasn't really happy at RIR 2011 - remember he stopped singing the end of November Rain ? ( at least that's my 2cents )

Edited by Gene Skinner
  • Like 1

I agree with Gene Skinner. ProstituteComa, to answer your question

Why would they debut new material in Brazil?

-Rock In Rio 2

-Rock In Rio 3

Estranged came back at Rock In Rio 4

Why not do another debut there?

Why would they debut new material?

That's what bands do. Bands play shows, releases albums, play songs from the albums, record more songs, play those songs live and release another album.

What makes us sure?

Axl is active again, and all signs are pointing to another great tour like 09-10. Twitter, releasing 2 concerts, the thing with Billboard, its all good news.

That's what other bands do. This is Axl's new Gn'R. Soon is never the word.

sorry,but i don't think Axl has any "good"intentions for SA/vegas.

i think no new songs.

and "new"……if he was to do Locomotive,is that fantastic?

it's not a new song and we know.but his audience of aging not-so-interested might be happy.

as for actual new songs(say the general or other fictional titles being knocked around on these boards),

i don't think they exist or are being rehearsed or anything like that.

so i have replied to this thread before i think,new music(OP)is a collective delusion from die hards.

The possible rejected album in 2010, was it the remix album + silkwoms, oh my god and going down that msl leaked 3min of or was it an album with brand new songs?

According to MSL, Axl attempted to release a whole new album in 2010. It was going to be songs recorded during the Chinese Democracy album. MSL guessed these would be mainly untouched, but MIGHT have some guitar from DJ Ashba added in.

Apparently Axl came out of the woodwork offering the label the record as a form of promotion for Reading and the touring going in in late 2010. The record label, probably caught off guard, told Axl no. MSL said this upset Axl immensely, and was responsible for the cancellation tweet that he posted.

The possible rejected album in 2010, was it the remix album + silkwoms, oh my god and going down that msl leaked 3min of or was it an album with brand new songs?

According to MSL, Axl attempted to release a whole new album in 2010. It was going to be songs recorded during the Chinese Democracy album. MSL guessed these would be mainly untouched, but MIGHT have some guitar from DJ Ashba added in.

Apparently Axl came out of the woodwork offering the label the record as a form of promotion for Reading and the touring going in in late 2010. The record label, probably caught off guard, told Axl no. MSL said this upset Axl immensely, and was responsible for the cancellation tweet that he posted.

Geffen Records has also gone through changes since then. It's hard to have a good relationship with the people you had sued and been difficult with, but things have changed in the past few years. As it currently stands, they don't exist on the label's website, even though they're still a source of money for the record company.

Lady Gaga's about to find out what it's like to not be the darling of the record label soon enough. I'm sure they're going to make her tighten the belt and start involving themselves into how to make the next album better. No more artistic statements.

According to magisme, Axl turned in 32 albums to the label. He wanted them all released, one a day, in October 2013. When the label said they couldn't do that, mainly because October has only 31 days, Axl declared that calendars were out ta get him and pulled the plug on the whole thing.

• Like 3

According to DS, the reason the record was rejected is because it was primarily written by Slash. Being trapped up Axl's ass during the whole writing process, Axl would fart out what Slash wanted him to play. When turned into the record company they rightfully claimed that it "sounds like shit", therefore we have no new record.

Fucking Slash.

According to magisme, Axl turned in 32 albums to the label. He wanted them all released, one a day, in October 2013. When the label said they couldn't do that, mainly because October has only 31 days, Axl declared that calendars were out ta get him and pulled the plug on the whole thing.

:lol:

Thanks Shacklers Democracy ;)

I think they were going to debut new songs at RIR 2011 as well ( probably Going Down ) but I think a few things went wrong - the weather and also a few behind the scene things ( not band related )

You could see Axl wasn't really happy at RIR 2011 - remember he stopped singing the end of November Rain ? ( at least that's my 2cents )

Maribeth!!! How the hell ya been?

:lol:

You know, I'm really gettin'..... f^*#ing pissed. *stomps puddle*

when the smoke clears,it always does,Axl will not benefit.

to OP:it's a collective delusion from some die hards.

Axl is 50 something.there are no new songs.no plans to record.

he's playing SA and Las Vegas for money because in ten years he won't be on stage anymore.

like i said in another thread ,this is just ridiculous.

it's got nothing to do with the spirit of rock n roll.

some peole are satisfied seeing Axl live and hearing SCOM etc.

these are Axl's real fan base now.

on the forums,we want this and that,it aint gonna happen.

i bought Arctic Monkeys and will go further research new bands.

(but vampire weekend is pussy rock to the extreme.dont buy any albums from them if you like GNR).

I'm probably going to vegas for closure.

call me dramatic but GNR has been important in my life.

will attend one show and then go back home and get on with my life.

If you like arctic monkeys and a little punk influence, their first record is pretty good.Queens of the stoneage also sound kinda like the AM record.