Does Axl even want to release any more music? Or is that just a collective delusion from us diehards?

Guest Len B'stard

I have trouble reconciling all that with the tales of what a cold blooded viper of a businessman he is. I'd be lying to you if i thought of Axl as passionate in that regard. I do get what you mean about Maddy and TWAT though, i still feel the same way about em when i sling em on.

If he was that much of a cold blooded businessman, he'd be touring with Slash right now. He knows he'd be making 10x as much money. And I still think Slash would be up for it.

OR...if he was that passionate to begin with he wouldn't've engineered, knowingly or unknowingly, the demise of that particular band which was up to that point and still is the zenith of his creative output. Or would've done everything in his power to keep that unit going.

According to him it was more the latter. It's all "he says, she says" to us on the outside, I don't think we'll ever know.

Yeah, it's important not to assign motives to people that you don't know from Adam, end of the day, none of us know fuck all about what really went on. My opinion is that, on some level, they were all cunts about it and the responsibility falls on all there heads. As in any situation where there's 4 or 5 key agents involved, it takes compromise from all ends, I'm not one of those 'it's all Axl' people. I do think though, based on what is out there information-wise and what each persons public actions says about them as a person, the 'Axl is the cunt' side of the story is easier to swallow. Don't necessarily make it true though.

Who really knows.

I'm sure there's intent or a desire to do something, but many of us have aspirations or goals that we do little to achieve.

Nobody can claim to know whether Axl still hopes to release new music but has his own demons to deal with or if he's checked out and happy to ride the nostalgia train into retirement.

It would be great if Axl could release more music as everyone here (for the most part), would love to hear it. I'd kill to have a legion of fans waiting for my music. In that respect, I feel like Axl is taking for granted one the biggest gifts this world has ever given him. It's a shame not only for the fans, but also for him.

Who really knows.

Nobody can claim to know whether Axl still hopes to release new music but has his own demons to deal with or if he's checked out and happy to ride the nostalgia train into retirement.

It would be great if Axl could release more music as everyone here (for the most part), would love to hear it. I'd kill to have a legion of fans waiting for my music. In that respect, I feel like Axl is taking for granted one the biggest gifts this world has ever given him. It's a shame not only for the fans, but also for him.

That should pretty much end this topic.

I like how people are saying what I've said on here for years (some of which who tried to crucify me for even suggesting it :lol:).

I've been saying, since the first Vegas residency (at least), that Axl lost his spirit with the underwhelming public reception of Chinese Democracy. He's scared shitless of further failure and ridicule. There's no hype or mystique and the record is gonna do what it's gonna do based on its own merits. It sounding in the vain of cd wouldn't do it any favors. And anymore failures is gonna reinforce the idea that Axl could never creatively continue gnr without slash and co. Something that makes Axl wanna cut himself.

In combination of that, the label isn't gonna do anymore than the bare minimum of what they're required to do for Axl. And Axl probably still expects to be treated like royalty. Or close to it.

That being said, I will bet my life we'll, at best, see a record after Axl dies. *Maybe*. But never one in his actual lifetime (unless shit leaks). I've been saying that forever, and it's hilarious how some people are now acting like they solved the da vinci code. :lol:

At least some of you fuckers are starting to catch on. Good job. :lol:

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 2

I like how people are saying what I've said on here for years (some of which who tried to crucify me for even suggesting it :lol:).

I've been saying, since the first Vegas residency (at least), that Axl lost his spirit with the underwhelming public reception of Chinese Democracy. He's scared shitless of further failure and ridicule. There's no hype or mystique and the record is gonna do what it's gonna do based on its own merits. It sounding in the vain of cd wouldn't do it any favors. And anymore failures is gonna reinforce the idea that Axl could never creatively continue gnr without slash and co. Something that makes Axl wanna cut himself.

In combination of that, the label isn't gonna do anymore than the bare minimum of what they're required to do for Axl. And Axl probably still expects to be treated like royalty. Or close to it.

That being said, I will bet my life we'll, at best, see a record after Axl dies. *Maybe*. But never one in his actual lifetime (unless shit leaks). I've been saying that forever, and it's hilarious how some people are now acting like they solved the da vinci code. :lol:

If you cut through all of the "yay for me" from my man here, I think he has the right answer.

People seem to really canonize (whatever the word is for living people) their favorite celebrity. Because we love Axl, he must be this super complex, genius, mad-scientist, etc, etc, etc. None of us have any idea what he is really like. He could be a total prick in real life, not very bright, not friendly and just be a dude who has a great voice who has 100 million bucks in the bank. Or he could be the sweetest, kindest, gentle soul who ever lived.

I know we are all just speculating, and that's all we can do on forums and since we don't actually know him. But just because somebody can sing really well doesn't automatically make them some complex genius level person.

If you cut through all of the "yay for me" from my man here, I think he has the right answer.
Fair enough :lol:

I got a little carried away, but it is a bit of a mindfuck seeing some of the same people that gave me shit for that premise now spewing that very same stance. Just had to get that out of my system.

I'm done with the self indulgent shit though, no worries. :lol:

when the smoke clears,it always does,Axl will not benefit.

to OP:it's a collective delusion from some die hards.

Axl is 50 something.there are no new songs.no plans to record.

he's playing SA and Las Vegas for money because in ten years he won't be on stage anymore.

like i said in another thread ,this is just ridiculous.

it's got nothing to do with the spirit of rock n roll.

some peole are satisfied seeing Axl live and hearing SCOM etc.

these are Axl's real fan base now.

on the forums,we want this and that,it aint gonna happen.

i bought Arctic Monkeys and will go further research new bands.

(but vampire weekend is pussy rock to the extreme.dont buy any albums from them if you like GNR).

I'm probably going to vegas for closure.

call me dramatic but GNR has been important in my life.

will attend one show and then go back home and get on with my life.

I think because most of us here, especially the more outspoken one's, visit this forum so often and actively discuss every detail surrounding GnR - We tend to think we've got it figured out, I disagree, Axl works on his own time. I mean, it was only a year ago - out of the blue, Axl casually mentions they were thinking about releasing Silkworms later in the year to a fan backstage. (http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197779-gunns-exclusive-2-gunns-gets-axl-rose-to-talk-about-new-music/) I think there's more to come, it'll leak before it gets released though.

My feeling is that Axl is trapped.

He wants to get his music out but he feels he must have the labels pony up huge money to give CD II a massive push.

BUT with his poor relationship management history, terrible management and their own poor business acumen, a faceless band, poor personal image and a worn out Greatest Hits tour...he just isn't worth the risk any more. I bet they told him so too.

Axl took a look at all of the above and knows the only way back to the big time is to reunite the old band and ditch TB in favour of mainstream representation. It also means doing as you're told and being part of a team rather than the centre of the universe. After 20 years of being spoilt and indulged and hidden from so much by those around him, that all probably seems to unpalatable to a man his age.

Dirtching TB means he goes home to an empty house, So faced with such an epic climbdown and a life alone without his (paypal) family, he's decided that he cannot move forward and realise the destiny he wanted for GNR.

So what's left? I think rather than go all artsy and put a gun in his mouth, he's decided to relax, drink & eat lots, chill, get wasted and write about giraffes and dial in the hits to eternally forgiving and fun loving South Americans .

And blame and hate Slash for all of it, 24/7, until he dies.

You know it's unfortunate that we got the opposite of what we expected.. You tell me 10 years ago that axl releases one album, a vegas residency and tours with nothing new.. man i would have stopped hoping, waiting for anything..

Axl can come up with every excuse under the sun as to why he has or hasn't done things.. but the fact of the matter is, if you want to do something.. the only person stopping you is you.. this whole hiding behind lawyers, blaming others is a farce, and it's just another excuse to accommodate someones insecurities.

it's a damn shame one of the greatest rock n roll frontmen has faded away.

Who knew 20+ years ago that Pretty Tied Up would foreshadow the future of Guns.

"Time went by and it all went up in smoke."

Once there was this rock n' roll band

rollin' on the streets

time went by and it became a joke

If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane

article-0-1A5B2214000005DC-365_634x1114.

I think because most of us here, especially the more outspoken one's, visit this forum so often and actively discuss every detail surrounding GnR - We tend to think we've got it figured out, I disagree, Axl works on his own time. I mean, it was only a year ago - out of the blue, Axl casually mentions they were thinking about releasing Silkworms later in the year to a fan backstage. (http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197779-gunns-exclusive-2-gunns-gets-axl-rose-to-talk-about-new-music/) I think there's more to come, it'll leak before it gets released though.

But that's not how it went down at all with the Silkworms thing, is it? It's not like Axl decided out of the blue to talk about releasing new music. He was asked a direct question about an exact song and he gave an answer that would make politicians blush with that "definite maybe" bullshit.

Edited by magisme

But that's not how it went down at all with the Silkworms thing, is it? It's not like Axl decided out of the blue to talk about releasing new music. He was asked a direct question about an exact song and he gave an answer that would make politicians blush with that "definite maybe" bullshit.

Excuse me? Mind linking me to the "direct question about an exact song"? because I can't see it in Gunns thread. A fan said "Love Silkworms, Axl" and then Axl mentions releasing it next year, seems pretty out of the blue to me.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Excuse me? Mind linking me to the "direct question about an exact song"? because I can't see it in Gunns thread. A fan said "Love Silkworms, Axl" and then Axl mentions releasing it next year, seems pretty out of the blue to me.

I was going from memory, but I'll try to find it later. Perhaps we're talking about different things? Are you not talking about the "definite maybe" incident?

I was going from memory, but I'll try to find it later. Perhaps we're talking about different things? Are you not talking about the "definite maybe" incident?

No, not at all...click the link.

He said "I can give you a definite maybe" during an Australian interview: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/axl-rose-the-extended-interview-ipad/story-e6freeuu-1226591752718

When Gunns asked him about Silkworms he said something along the lines of "Actually, we're thinking about putting that out later this year".

Edited by NGOG