How do you relate to the lyrics of AFD?

It's mostly a vicarious/wish-fulfilment thing for me, I can't really relate but I enjoy it immensely.

ChiDem is the album I really related to at one point.

I don't relate to Chinese in anyway.. to me it's more like reading a comic book..

I don't get the whole living vicarious thing here. I relate to it because there's just so many hooray for tolerance!s in music trying to be cool, trying to be hard and then you have a guy like Axl Rose who just wore his heart on his sleeve in every song. Whether it was anger, aggression, elation, love or lust, you know he meant every word not to mention the lyrics and music on that album simply paint a picture. The music's lived in. Not so much a production for the Billboard charts but good, honest, no holds barred, raw music that simply tells a tale of 5 otherwise irredeemable dropkicks and how they lived before their good work made them megastars.

• Like 1

I don't get the whole living vicarious thing here. I relate to it because there's just so many hooray for tolerance!s in music trying to be cool, trying to be hard and then you have a guy like Axl Rose who just wore his heart on his sleeve in every song. Whether it was anger, aggression, elation, love or lust, you know he meant every word not to mention the lyrics and music on that album simply paint a picture. The music's lived in. Not so much a production for the Billboard charts but good, honest, no holds barred, raw music that simply tells a tale of 5 otherwise irredeemable dropkicks and how they lived before their good work made them megastars.

So for you it's more admiration of the image of the band. That projection of invincibility or realness in comparison to the posers who drank tea out of jd bottles. Obviously Axl didn't write all the lyrics but he seemed to really embody the sentiments in the performances of the songs. And they looked like total pieces of shit that would rob you at knife point.

It really does sound like they are just rocking n' rolling, not giving a fucking about nothing, living fast and dying young leaving a good looking corpse.