Why Axl's last interviews were boring?

Except for giving an exact date on a new album, which is always bad until shit is finalized, Axl's answered all of these questions a billion times.

He does not want a reunion, he can see a one-off gig with ex-players here and there, there was a lot of legal issues, record company BS, band members leaving, his general perfectionism and more that caused the delay of Chinese Democracy and the list goes on.

Outside of use die-hards, who want specifics on minute things he probably doesn't care about (What did Slash do? What influence does Beta have? What happened in 2002?), he's basically covered everything else in the general media (which usually bashes him no matter what he does).

Blah, blah, blah. What is the status of the next album, and when will it be released? Guns is probably one of the only bands in the world that treat the question of new material like it's an insult.

If Axl doesn't want to release anymore albums, he can just say so. Allowing the fans to know the reasons of why it hasn't come out yet is not too much to ask for. It's been 5 years since Chinese was released. 15 songs in 20 years. Give us a real update.

I agree, but why do people still want to know all the other shit?

Some people just want a little more detail to what we already know.

People shouldn't be surprised about him not wanting a reunion or "hating" Slash, but I think people want a real in-depth answer as to why. An Axl Rose book would be killer for these reasons.

Except for giving an exact date on a new album, which is always bad until shit is finalized, Axl's answered all of these questions a billion times.

He does not want a reunion, he can see a one-off gig with ex-players here and there, there was a lot of legal issues, record company BS, band members leaving, his general perfectionism and more that caused the delay of Chinese Democracy and the list goes on.

Outside of use die-hards, who want specifics on minute things he probably doesn't care about (What did Slash do? What influence does Beta have? What happened in 2002?), he's basically covered everything else in the general media (which usually bashes him no matter what he does).

Blah, blah, blah. What is the status of the next album, and when will it be released? Guns is probably one of the only bands in the world that treat the question of new material like it's an insult.

If Axl doesn't want to release anymore albums, he can just say so. Allowing the fans to know the reasons of why it hasn't come out yet is not too much to ask for. It's been 5 years since Chinese was released. 15 songs in 20 years. Give us a real update.

People shouldn't be surprised about him not wanting a reunion or "hating" Slash, but I think people want a real in-depth answer as to why. An Axl Rose book would be killer for these reasons.

A trilogy of books will be more appropriate.

A trilogy of books will be more appropriate.

And the audio-books will be released "soon."

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

Axl himself is boring. That's why the interviews are boring.

The man can't go anywhere without his mommy-figure. I mean come the fuck ON. At least be seen in public with starlets or models or hookers or anything other than a matronly mommy-figure.

+1

he doesn't really have anything to say or prove anymore, that's why he's boring.

it happens to many celebrities when they get old. they're legends and don't want to take risks anymore.

Coz the questions are terrible! In the 90s he was asked interesting q's bout his childhood, songwriting and the struggles in his life. A lot of trunk interview was ass kidding and kimmel was also superficial and light. I enjoyed watching them both coz it was Axl but a few thoughtful questions added in would have made all the difference. Even in the trunk interview Axl volunteered personal stuff like the Abu Dhabi thing with problems in band and touring when he didn't want to but Trunk and others were so stupid not to follow it up and just asked about MTV like who cares what Axl thinks about MTV!

I have to agree here.

I can't help but shake my head at people that insist there is still stuff we need to "get to the bottom of". And let's face it, these people are out there.

I can fully agree with people that want updates on future plans. That's valid. But this call for more extensive post-mortem over what happened 15 years ago, I mean...for what?

I have to agree here.

I can't help but shake my head at people that insist there is still stuff we need to "get to the bottom of". And let's face it, these people are out there.

I can fully agree with people that want updates on future plans. That's valid. But this call for more extensive post-mortem over what happened 15 years ago, I mean...for what?

Why read musicians bios? Why watch shows like Behind The Music (not the best example) It's natural for fans to want to know as much as possible about their favorite band. Much of Gn'R's history remains vague. I would love to know Axl's side of the story. Izzy's too.