As a GN'R fan, what are you looking forward to?

A new album or two.

One of the biggest shames in hard rock music (not counting early deaths of rock stars) is that Axl Rose has only released one album in the past 20-plus years, with no hope of another one to come. And that people who should know better, like Beta, Del, Jarmo, Fernando and especially Axl, shouldn't be happy and content with that fact.

• Like 1

The day this band finally ceases to exist. It gets worse and worse by the day.

Looking forward to hearing Slash's new album which will be released later this year.

The former members can only do so much to try and save this brand.

I don't think the former members are trying to save the brand. If anything, they should be trying to distance themselves from it, or at least from what it has become. Slash's music is the only one that I really have any interest in anymore. Never really cared for Duff's solo stuff. I liked some of Izzy's stuff, but not as much as Snakepit, VR and Slash's solo work. CD has grown on me somewhat over time, but if that is Axl's "masterpiece" then I'm not all that interested in hearing CD II.

The day this band finally ceases to exist. It gets worse and worse by the day.

Looking forward to hearing Slash's new album which will be released later this year.

The former members can only do so much to try and save this brand.

I don't think the former members are trying to save the brand. If anything, they should be trying to distance themselves from it, or at least from what it has become. Slash's music is the only one that I really have any interest in anymore. Never really cared for Duff's solo stuff. I liked some of Izzy's stuff, but not as much as Snakepit, VR and Slash's solo work. CD has grown on me somewhat over time, but if that is Axl's "masterpiece" then I'm not all that interested in hearing CD II.

I 100% agree. I wasn't really clear. I don't think their trying to save the brand, but more they keep trying to make good music and was jokingly saying its to cover up for all the bad stuff NuGNR does day to day. But yeah, I'm the same as you in that Slash's solo stuff is really the only thing that interests me.

• Like 1

I'm interested to see the award show, potentially a change from the usual. Maybe a European tour, although the shows near me seem to end up being on a weeknight so I might have to weigh up if I wanted to travel to a weekend one. I'm not the kind of fan that can follow them around the globe so with the cinema and dvd thing on hold there isn't much to anticipate at the moment.

I wish he would release an autobiography, I would be excited about that. Comfy bed, hot chocolate, biscuits and Axl's spin on the world. Bar a new album that's probably as good as it would get. :-D

I know this is very unrealistic, but I'd like to see Buckethead, Robin Finck, Brain and even Paul Tobias come back. I'd like to hear more of what these guys could do with Axl. Of course, if I want that, I can just hope for Chinese Democracy II, since I have zero doubt in the idea that it would mostly be made up of the things they did. Weird thing is though, I'd want Bumblefoot to stick around. Man, can you imagine things Bumblefoot and Buckethead could do?

Other than that? I'd like to see the usual stuff every fan would want to see. New album, new songs, new setlist, reunion, so on and so forth. Definitely seeing the award Axl will get. Oddly, I'd also like to see a new member come in, but that's because I'm weird and I like to see new people perform with bands... Question is, who could join the band now? No one comes to mind off the top of my head. Axl could probably get Dave Navarro now, if he wanted, but uh... I don't know if that'd be a good mix. So, I guess what I look forward to most is the inevitable line up change that will happen when one of the members calls it quits or gets fired. Hopefully it would be the former though, cause being fired from anything sucks.