Unreleased Track List- what song will we hear next?

With the GNR tram "planning" on playing a new a song this tour (I still have hope) just thought I'd make a thread asking for better informed people to fill me in on all the Unreleased tracks that we know are confirmed with vocals. If we get any new songs it's probably going to be somthing we have heard talked about. I'll start with the ones I know. O and also tell me your guess for new song we will hear next (wether it be live or a leak)!

Unreleased song rumors Ive heard about-

Going down (tommy lead)

Going down (Axl lead)?

Atlas

New omg?

New Silkworms

Jackie chan?

General?

Thyme?

Quick song?

Betas barn?

I think we get some sort of Going Down live this year and maybe silkworms leaks ! After these two maybe an Atlas leak lol

Jackie Chan

Goin' Down

Soul Monster

Berlin

Quick Song

Thyme

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By the Ocean

Seven

The General

Zodiac

Ides of March

interesting enough that is a total of 14 tracks the same as Chinese !

another thing that really fascinates me is that up until the leak we had no clue about Going Down at all correct? which really makes me die to know just how much material Uncle Axl has in that vault of his with Paul!

Someone on soundcloud has OMG with buckethead. Studio verison

thanks! ill search for this!

Edited by Estranged Coma

Oh My God and Silkworms aren't on his Soundcloud page anymore.

What's interesting is how long it took to take down his first account.

For those that don't know, it had the three minute video chunk with all the 2013 leaks in it, as well as Going Down in full. Also had clips of OMG and Silkworms taken from that three minute chunk. The account also had DJ Ashba's version of Better in full as well as the acoustic version.

I've been going back to Mr. Street of Dreams for what seems like a month or longer now, and those videos had been uploaded a little before I started going to the account. I swear I was just there yesterday and now that account is gone!

Mr. Street of Dreams 2, and Mr. Street of Dreams 3 are still active; they have many of the leaks from Chinese Democracy on them as well as instrumentals.

For those that don't know, it had the three minute video chunk with all the 2013 leaks in it, as well as Going Down in full. Also had clips of OMG and Silkworms taken from that three minute chunk. The account also had DJ Ashba's version of Better in full as well as the acoustic version.

I've been going back to Mr. Street of Dreams for what seems like a month or longer now, and those videos had been uploaded a little before I started going to the account. I swear I was just there yesterday and now that account is gone!

Mr. Street of Dreams 2, and Mr. Street of Dreams 3 are still active; they have many of the leaks from Chinese Democracy on them as well as instrumentals.

the lil silkworms clip sounded cool when i heard it!

anyone know were the rumor that there was a Going Down with Axl on lead came from?

anyone know were the rumor that there was a Going Down with Axl on lead came from?

I believe Beta said that to Manets ?

I believe Beta said that to Manets ?

No way! shit if Beta said it then im a little excited! i see no reason for her just to lie about that.

You know what's driving me nuts? The fact that at one point he said there were thirty two songs in the making, and we don't even know half of them. Close to half, sure, but still. Call me crazy, but at this point I'd be happy if he released a full list of songs they're working on. Or hell, even if he released the list of songs they were working on back then! Sure, it'd just be more titles, but at least it'd be news and give us some idea what the songs may sound like. Well, not sure of that last part, since title doesn't necessarily dictate sound, but still.

By the way, I'm not sure I've ever even heard Going Down. Anyone know what band members were on it?

You know what's driving me nuts? The fact that at one point he said there were thirty two songs in the making, and we don't even know half of them. Close to half, sure, but still. Call me crazy, but at this point I'd be happy if he released a full list of songs they're working on. Or hell, even if he released the list of songs they were working on back then! Sure, it'd just be more titles, but at least it'd be news and give us some idea what the songs may sound like. Well, not sure of that last part, since title doesn't necessarily dictate sound, but still.

By the way, I'm not sure I've ever even heard Going Down. Anyone know what band members were on it?

that stuff drives me nuts as well. that 32 number then i think bach saying 3 albums worth then other people saying they heard tons of shit. yea It would be awesome if he came out with a list of songs he has, which are ether complete or hes hoping to complete at some point.

i mean CD plus the list posted here makes 24 songs. 2 of them being omg and silkworms which weve heard. Axl must have so much shit from the Chinese sessions then to know what to do with !

Going Down leaked not too long ago but it got taken down by whoever. it has Tommy on lead and is pretty darn catchy, i enjoyed it.

Edited by Estranged Coma

that stuff drives me nuts as well. that 32 number then i think bach saying 3 albums worth then other people saying they heard tons of shit. yea It would be awesome if he came out with a list of songs he has, which are ether complete or hes hoping to complete at some point.

i mean CD plus the list posted here makes 24 songs. 2 of them being omg and silkworms which weve heard. Axl must have so much shit from the Chinese sessions then to know what to do with !

Going Down leaked not too long ago but it got taken down by whoever. it has Tommy on lead and is pretty darn catchy, i enjoyed it.

I go even crazier thinking of all the stuff he's done since then, but like I said, I'd be content if he just told us the ones left over. I realize now that it probably isn't as many as I thought it was. Right after I got off of here I did some reading and realized that those comments were made in 2006, before Chinese Democracy came out. Then I saw your comment and realized I forgot to subtract the Chinese Democracy songs from the thirty two song count. Not my brightest moment. So those ten confirmed titles, fourteen Chinese Democracy tracks, Silkworms (maybe - Didn't Axl at one point say they had abandoned this song, or did I imagine/misinterpret that?), and maybe that Going Down song equal out to 24-26 tracks. So if he did tell us the rest of the names, it'd just be six names, maybe less if a new "Oh My God" was among them (but again, didn't Axl say it wasn't a serious thing?) and that Jackie Chan song, but those would be names we didn't know before.

I think I remember "Going Down" now. The one I saw was on Vimeo, and it had this picture of the Last Supper, but it was Axl and a bunch of band mates instead of Jesus and the apostles. Still don't remember too much of the song, but I only listened to it once. I tend not to get too attached to things I don't think will be around much, and with GN'R leaks it's a miracle they're around long enough to be known.

Pretty bummed out to hear that I just missed "Oh My God" with Buckethead and "Silkworms", even if they were just small chunks. Were they as awesome as I imagine them being? Also, "Better" with DJ Ashba on guitar? Was that a live thing, or did they actually re-record it just for his sake? Makes me think of Axl rerecording some stuff with the new band back in 1999/2000. Can't remember what they did though.

Quick question (sorry if it's off topic some), but is it true that A Perfect Circle's first album was intended to be sung by Axl? I have no idea where I first heard that. Would be funny if it was true, cause that'd be like the third album Axl could have made but didn't.

Also, I don't know if they count as "leaks," but the DJ Ashba solo spots may be indicators of songs to come. Could just be his solo stuff though, wouldn't know since I've never listened to his solo projects.

Jackie Chan

Goin' Down

Soul Monster

Berlin

Quick Song

Thyme

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By the Ocean

Seven

The General

Zodiac

Ides of March

another thing that really fascinates me is that up until the leak we had no clue about Going Down at all correct? which really makes me die to know just how much material Uncle Axl has in that vault of his with Paul!

I think I remember that Goin Down was on a few set lists, some said it was an old blues song or something. there's intel on most of those tracks, either mentioned by Axl or a Beltrami track. The one that seems dubious to me is Beta's Barn, as wacky title (possibly just Better?) also the sauce if Pitman who's uses santa as a mixer.

but yeah those tracks seem to exist. what will become only time will tell.

No, A Perfect Circle's first album was never meant to be sung by Axl. He was thanked in the liner notes, though. He apparently was very supportive of APC.

Taken from an interview with Billy Howerdel (November 2013) http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=37905

Kind of switching topics real quick, you worked on the Guns N’ Roses album Chinese Democracy for 2 and a half years in the late 90′s, primarily working on a computer with Axl Rose. I read you talking about that a little bit, but the process of making that album still fascinates me. What was actually going on there every day? I know you talked about being there at night with Axl, and the band being in there during the day. Was new material constantly being written, or was material getting reworked all the time? Like I love “There Was A Time,” you actually have a production credit on that. Was the version you were working on actually different than what was released 10 years later. What was going on there?

Yeah, a lot of exploration. On the bad side of it I’d say there was a paralyzed by choices situation. I think on the good side there was just a ferocious approach to wanting this to be the best record possible. Axl is completely driven in that way, he takes it probably more seriously than I think I’ve ever seen anyone take music. He takes it to a more serious place than I’ve ever seen anyone take it. I learned a lot from that, I owe a lot of my studio work ethic to that job. Some things what to do, some things what not to do. I found that I just wanted to sprint and go full focused with A Perfect Circle in the beginning. I left the Guns N’ Roses camp in like September 1999, and we had finished our mix of A Perfect Circle’s record in like January 2000, so there was only like 4 months difference. I really needed to go, it was just time, I had this opportunity and I needed to do it. But I have to say Axl was extremely supportive of APC in the beginning. That was really cool, I got a lot of validation and moving forward from his approval I guess.

Edited by jekylhyde

Jackie Chan

Goin' Down

Soul Monster

Berlin

Quick Song

Thyme

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By the Ocean

Seven

The General

Zodiac

Ides of March

I think I remember that Goin Down was on a few set lists, some said it was an old blues song or something. there's intel on most of those tracks, either mentioned by Axl or a Beltrami track. The one that seems dubious to me is Beta's Barn, as wacky title (possibly just Better?) also the sauce if Pitman who's uses santa as a mixer.

Yah I remember someone posted a pic with going down on the set list .. What I wonder is who was gona be on lead that night (earlier someone said the rumor Axl was on lead came from Beta) ! Maybe it really is Axl on the final version and that's the reason it's not being given to tommy in his solo spot..?

Haha pitman. I hope there's a Pittman song in the vault with him dueting with Axl and him and dizzy battling it out on the keys :D hmm wait a minute could Mother Goose be the key to Betas Barn hehe

Jackie Chan

Goin' Down

Soul Monster

Berlin

Quick Song

Thyme

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By the Ocean

Seven

The General

Zodiac

Ides of March

I think I remember that Goin Down was on a few set lists, some said it was an old blues song or something. there's intel on most of those tracks, either mentioned by Axl or a Beltrami track. The one that seems dubious to me is Beta's Barn, as wacky title (possibly just Better?) also the sauce if Pitman who's uses Fanta as a mixer.

Yah I remember someone posted a pic with going down on the set list .. What I wonder is who was gona be on lead that night (earlier someone said the rumor Axl was on lead came from Beta) ! Maybe it really is Axl on the final version and that's the reason it's not being given to tommy in his solo spot..?

Haha pitman. I hope there's a Pittman song in the vault with him dueting with Axl and him and dizzy battling it out on the keys :D hmm wait a minute could Mother Goose be the key to Betas Barn hehe

He's responsible for ITW and Madagascar isn't he? yeah he could have done something Beltrami worked on too.

No, A Perfect Circle's first album was never meant to be sung by Axl. He was thanked in the liner notes, though. He apparently was very supportive of APC.

Taken from an interview with Billy Howerdel (November 2013) http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=37905

Kind of switching topics real quick, you worked on the Guns N’ Roses album Chinese Democracy for 2 and a half years in the late 90′s, primarily working on a computer with Axl Rose. I read you talking about that a little bit, but the process of making that album still fascinates me. What was actually going on there every day? I know you talked about being there at night with Axl, and the band being in there during the day. Was new material constantly being written, or was material getting reworked all the time? Like I love “There Was A Time,” you actually have a production credit on that. Was the version you were working on actually different than what was released 10 years later. What was going on there?

Yeah, a lot of exploration. On the bad side of it I’d say there was a paralyzed by choices situation. I think on the good side there was just a ferocious approach to wanting this to be the best record possible. Axl is completely driven in that way, he takes it probably more seriously than I think I’ve ever seen anyone take music. He takes it to a more serious place than I’ve ever seen anyone take it. I learned a lot from that, I owe a lot of my studio work ethic to that job. Some things what to do, some things what not to do. I found that I just wanted to sprint and go full focused with A Perfect Circle in the beginning. I left the Guns N’ Roses camp in like September 1999, and we had finished our mix of A Perfect Circle’s record in like January 2000, so there was only like 4 months difference. I really needed to go, it was just time, I had this opportunity and I needed to do it. But I have to say Axl was extremely supportive of APC in the beginning. That was really cool, I got a lot of validation and moving forward from his approval I guess.

Thanks for clearing that up, man. I do have to wonder how that might have sounded, though.

Anyways, this is the list I've compiled so far. It's been pretty much covered up to this point, but one more time for the sake of clarity can't hurt.

Mentioned as part of the 32:

-Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul - Otherwise known as "Soul Monster", formerly known as "Leave Me Alone"

-Atlas Shrugged

-Seven

-The General

-Thyme

-Ides of March

-Berlin - Formerly known as "Oklahoma"

-Zodiac

-Quick Song

-Down by the Ocean

-And the 4-8 other songs. (Eight is assuming Silkworms, Going Down, Jackie Chan and a more complete version of Oh My God are not included)

Songs we've already heard:

-Silkworms

-Oh My God - Possibly redone at least twice, once with Buckethead and again with Bumblefoot

-Better - Possibly redone with DJ Ashba, done by Bumblefoot acoustically

Leaks:

-Jackie Chain - May or may not have been called "Checkmate" at some point

-Going Down - Known to exist with Tommy Stinson on vocals, a version with Axl on lead possibly exists.

Then there are DJ Ashba's solos, though I doubt they're hints at songs. More than likely they're things he's working on that, sure, would be nice to see as a GN'R release, but will probably end up seeing as part of some solo release. Regardless, they are:

-Mi Amor

-The Ballad of Death

-La Bella Vita

Lastly, there's the "Appetite for Destruction" rerecording sessions. Very unlikely we'll ever see a true official release of those, but I think we'd be more likely to see them leaked than any other songs. I don't know why I think that, I just do. The most likely order of that "tracklist" is:

-Welcome to the Jungle

-It's So Easy

-Nightrain

-Out ta Get Me

-Mr. Brownstone

-Paradise City

-My Michelle

-Think About You

-Sweet Child O' Mine

-You Could Be Mine (In lieu of "You're Crazy")

-Patience (In lieu of "Anything Goes")

-Rocket Queen

In the same vein, there are also the original versions of the fourteen Chinese Democracy songs, and probably the other eighteen songs, since if we do get them I doubt they will be in their original forms.

Worth mentioning is that Axl changed "The Blues" to "Street of Dreams" because he wanted to save the title for a bluesier song. That doesn't necessarily mean he had one in mind at the time, but I still think it's worth a mention.

Wasn't some orchestral parts of The General supposedly played before the show opened on the 2009/10 tour (I think?) this forbidding gloomy creeping shindig that lamented on before ChiDem's weird murmuring intro starts?

That's fan remade but I definitely recognize the music.

Edited by RandallFlagg