Steven Tyler thanked Axl while Slash was onstage + a little bit of Welcome to the Jungle

All done tongue very firmly planted in cheek.

"Thank you Axl, wherever you are".

First of all, you're misquoting Steven. Second, you're totally changing the tone of his comments. There was nothing malicious or snarky about the way he commented.

Thirdly, and most importantly, who gives a fuck what an American Idol judge has to say about music? Aside from cliche contributions likd I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, what have Aerosmith done since the 70s and early 80s? So Axl might be milking the nolstalgia trend slightly - but NOBODY does it more than Aerosmith.

I might agree with the first part of your post, but surely not the second. Really, referring to Steven Tyler as an "American Idol judge"? C'mon. Aerosmith released 4 albums since '93 (With Get A Grip being release that year, a very solid album; And Pump being the last 80's album, another solid release to end out the decade). Maybe not as many as most would expect, but surely more than Axl. I'll defend Axl and Guns N' Roses most times, but if you're saying that Aerosmith is milking the "nostalgic" act more than them, then I'm going to firmly disagree.

If we went back in time and you offered me every Aerosmith record post-93, or just Chinese Democracy; I'd take Chinese every fuckin' time.

that doesn't really refute the core of his argument, though.

even if you don't like the records, there's no denying aerosmith have stayed relevant. and productive. so when you say nobody does 'nostalgia milking' more than aerosmith -- really? they put out a new record a year or so ago, filmed music videos for it, released singles, toured behind it. tyler used his american idol gig to help promote his band's new material, by playing the lead single on a live broadcast. so whatever.

• Like 1

So...some people are slagging Aerosmith off.

Fair enough.

However, I can't wait to see where Axl and GNR will be at the same age and stage in life.

Then we can do the "apples with apples" stuff.

Slagging everybody in the music world off who comes within a country mile of Axl , including his ex bandmates will never make his career decisions look any saner to majority of his fans.

For those of you who weren't paying attention....

it's b/c earlier, Steven posted this little random injoke on his Twitter:

Him playing a guitar with a winged Barbi Doll on his shoulder...

SHHHHHHH... #LETROCKRULE http://on.fb.me/1jqvSqP

In Tyler Talk, I think he was sayin' something like throw a leg over your shoulder or something like that... whatever that means...

Always remember to arm and cross check the doors (Twitter) people!

I

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152080422398691&stream_ref=10

I can't believe people are trying to knock Aerosmith - they had a 15 year career before Appetite came out, and have released more albums that Guns since... They are more than entitled now (being a gd few years older) to play it easy and just play the hits...Axl not so much....

I can't believe people are trying to knock Aerosmith - they had a 15 year career before Appetite came out, and have released more albums that Guns since... They are more than entitled now (being a gd few years older) to play it easy and just play the hits...Axl not so much....

Better than Aerosmith, yep, for sure. Axl sounds and looks better than ever.

Stop hatin' Robin.

Better than Aerosmith, yep, for sure. Axl sounds and looks better than ever.

Stop hatin' Robin.

I never asked who was better? I'm a Guns fan first and foremost but I got a lot of love for Aerosmith, they've earned the right to play it safe now so not sure why anyone would question it? plus they still put out albums more regularly than Axl.

I assume that's a joke about Axl.

Not hating, just stating.