Could decrease of Rasp be directly related to increase of Alcohol

Downzy has me excited. Given the stipulation of 5 years until the public have access to any information, I think Axl may have shot JFK.

Having drank with the guy for five hours in 2010

You did what now? Please recap. :)

I've saving that story for January 2015. Told myself I wouldn't give the full account to this board until five years had passed from that crazy night. I've got my reasons for that, which I'll share on January 28th, 2015.

Oh, that's right. I think I remember seeing you say that somewhere, but I forgot it was you. Jan. 2015 isn't too far away. I can be patient. You'd better bring a doozy though. :lol:

Jesus Christ now people that are fans of GnR won't release new information or news! Is this some kind of GnR disease? Keep it all bottled up till it's long enough that no one on the planet gives a crap :)

I'm going to take a guess now as to what happened in those 5 hours.

Guy shows up at a bar

Guys drinks, Axl is there

Axl gets hammered does stupid/cool Axl like stuff

Guy has great wild time!

This experience now goes in the vault

No dude it's because he has 52 years and been doing this for over 30. It's not helping him remember his lyrics at all though. There are countless musicians using alcohol as a comfort zone, and I don't know what it's like to be somebody else so who am I to judge really.

Yeh... because he was so young when he was 48(2010) and sounded great yeh?

This is a serious question...

In 2006 I saw Axl with a beer here and there but no Alcohol puff. When 2009 and 2010 started I saw a puffy Axl, but as the tour went down the puff decreased maybe because he drank less to save his voice.

But from 2011 on, he's remained mostly puffy with no rasp.

I remember he told Lisa Marie after Philly, no I can't have a drink with you, I have to protect my voice....

Could it be that Axl enjoys the bottle so much now a days that he does so at direct expense of his vocals?

I'm not flaming or trolling, but I'm actually thinking there might be some relation.

Lisa Marie was at the Orlando HOB show. I read afterwards they partied until late morning. Show ended around 3:30 AM

The way you keep your voice in shape is by PRACTICING. Even in one's prime it takes up to a YEAR to fully get your voice in shape. Look at his voice in the warm up shows in Asia in '09, and listen to him at the O2 in 2010. Listen to Rock in Rio '06, and Rock am Ring much later in '06. As you age you require more and more practice and care to get in shape. Axl doesn't seem to even want to show up to rehearsals with the band, much less work on his voice for months in advance for a tour. I don't know what he did in '06 or '10, but whatever it was, he can't do it anymore. And alcohol absolutely is poison to a voice. As a vocalist and a heavy drinker, trying to sing when you have a nasty hangover is like trying to lift a dumbbell you've lifted a hundred times before, but you just can't lift it. When you're young, you can just skip the warmups and push (or oversing, a la Chris Cornell) but age, alcohol, and lack of preparation are keys to just murdering a vocal potential. Couple those with using his head voice in too low a register in '06 and '10 (may have done damage) and I'm not surprised he can't sing anymore.

Having drank with the guy for five hours in 2010

You did what now? Please recap. :)

I've saving that story for January 2015. Told myself I wouldn't give the full account to this board until five years had passed from that crazy night. I've got my reasons for that, which I'll share on January 28th, 2015.

Oh, that's right. I think I remember seeing you say that somewhere, but I forgot it was you. Jan. 2015 isn't too far away. I can be patient. You'd better bring a doozy though. :lol:

Jesus Christ now people that are fans of GnR won't release new information or news! Is this some kind of GnR disease? Keep it all bottled up till it's long enough that no one on the planet gives a crap :)

I'm going to take a guess now as to what happened in those 5 hours.

Guy shows up at a bar

Guys drinks, Axl is there

Axl gets hammered does stupid/cool Axl like stuff

Guy has great wild time!

This experience now goes in the vault

It's sort of like that, but way more awesome. Think Almost Famous, but I didn't bang any groupies. And the wait is out of respect to the band and management. I remember a few years back someone posted about their experience meeting Axl at a blackjack table (or something like that). They waited awhile to tell the story so as to not disrespect either Axl or the memory. I thought it was a classy move and I'm trying to follow in that direction (I have a lot of class to make up for).

Edited by downzy

The way you keep your voice in shape is by PRACTICING. And alcohol absolutely is poison to a voice.

These are the two points that I totally agree, especially about the alcohol (and smoking of course, I don't know how much Axl smokes though?).