The motivational thread

Lithium

The Russian mafia trying to take out him while jogging in the snow. :lol:

I liked the whole climbing up a huge mountain in one day without proper equipment, supplies or oxygen. No surprise he beat Drago really.
One of the best movies of all time quite frankly. :lol:

Are you talking about the KGB crashing the car during the montage?

I retract my disparaging remark, amigo. I have been humbled.

Always thought that was the mafia - and that they had a betting interest.

Edited by NGOG

It's a good thread! Reminds me of another thread a few months ago where someone asked a group of strangers on a forum to unite and express positive thoughts towards a member who was going thru a difficult time. Yet that very same person then felt compelled to come into this thread and drop a steamy pile of shit posts into it. Bravo.

My motivational quote:

651616.jpg

Wow, the negativity in this post is so demotivating. :lol:

Here's a kiss for ya P4A :kiss::)

It raises a good point though. You're the one saying nobody needs motivation aside from what they can make for themselves mentally and yet you made a thread specifically aimed at motivating someone.

Seems a tad hypocritical is all.

:huh:

I wasn't 'motivating' her at all. Just trying to send a little love the way of someone who was undergoing chemotherapy. A person with cancer undergoing chemo doesn't need motivation. They just need some love and a little friendly attention in between the sickness, the throwing up, the hair falling out. You don't need motivation because you just turn up and some fucking intense chemicals stream through your body to kill off the disease.

That's a VERY long stretch to say that I want to show some love and affection to someone who is a great friend as MOTIVATION. :rofl-lol:

BOTH threads were meant to be encouraging, supportive, motivational, and any other fucking synonym you want to google. No difference man, other than wanting to waste my time with bored pettiness.

Um.....no. So stop wasting your time with bored pettiness.

:kiss:

• Like 1

It's a good thread! Reminds me of another thread a few months ago where someone asked a group of strangers on a forum to unite and express positive thoughts towards a member who was going thru a difficult time. Yet that very same person then felt compelled to come into this thread and drop a steamy pile of shit posts into it. Bravo.

My motivational quote:

651616.jpg

Wow, the negativity in this post is so demotivating. :lol:

Here's a kiss for ya P4A :kiss::)

It raises a good point though. You're the one saying nobody needs motivation aside from what they can make for themselves mentally and yet you made a thread specifically aimed at motivating someone.

Seems a tad hypocritical is all.

:huh:

I wasn't 'motivating' her at all. Just trying to send a little love the way of someone who was undergoing chemotherapy. A person with cancer undergoing chemo doesn't need motivation. They just need some love and a little friendly attention in between the sickness, the throwing up, the hair falling out. You don't need motivation because you just turn up and some fucking intense chemicals stream through your body to kill off the disease.

That's a VERY long stretch to say that I want to show some love and affection to someone who is a great friend as MOTIVATION. :rofl-lol:

As someone who has had two close family members die of cancer maybe my opinion is tainted but both family members constantly mentioned that all the love and support towards them was motivating and helped them through the dark times.

• Like 1

Most motivational thing I've seen in a long time :lol:

NUrwoVP.png

I lold, but when you start lifting for yourself rather than for the opinion of others, you'll get a lot better at it. That goes for anything.

Wasn't really mean to be a serious post, just one to break up the negativity :lol:

Love, hate, fear, anger, admiration... i think strong emotions are the best motivators.

i don't give a damn about the most appealing quotes from people i don't know personally. but one accidently said word by someone i care about can make me move mountains = emotions

Guest Len B'stard

That's enough.

Red (and anyone else here to be deliberately contrary), if you don't like it then stay out, nobody is forcing you to post. If everyone can't get back on topic and stop bickering then I'll have to lock the thread.

This was very close to a Madison post :lol:

That's enough.

Red (and anyone else here to be deliberately contrary), if you don't like it then stay out, nobody is forcing you to post. If everyone can't get back on topic and stop bickering then I'll have to lock the thread.

Not really, Madison would have banned everyone and just locked the thread while calling everyone "hun" :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

That's enough.

Not really, Madison would have banned everyone and just locked the thread while calling everyone "hun" :lol:

I've never sat well with the idea of 'don't be contrary', makes my teeth itch :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Just being real man, these placeses actual value is in discussion and you need a contrary position for that, otherwise its just a dispassionate list of opinions.

Everytime im told not to be contrary i recede to the behaviour of a four year old :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1