Neckties, yay or nay?

arnold layne

Its interesting you made the anti-sex comment also. Do you feel it is an important function of clothing to project a level of sexuality? And if clothes dont is that a bad thing? And if so why is it a bad thing?

No, but i do feel that if someone's goal was to create a signature look of androgynous hipster Ziggy Stardust, then trying to dress like the girl in a picture above would be moving in the right direction.

i mean, how many people out there intentionally dress to look unattractive?

See, you say no but then you make reference to androgyny again...coupled with a reference to being unattractive. Your assesment is tied intrinsically to sexuality.

Tell me, in your estimation, is a beautiful women still beautiful when dressed in a way in which the primary function of the clothing at hand is not the accentuating of her sexuality?

That girl couldn't be unattractive if she tried, she's beautiful, she has amazing eyes and face shape and cheekbones and gorgeous hair, she's slim and statuesque, I can't fathom exactly what your criticism is getting at other than the fact that there ain't a massive pair of tits bustin' out of her front.

when did i say something about tits bustin? :lol:

yes she's got beautiful face, but it doesn't make her look less androgynous. in my mind it's just too much. like she's trying too hard not to look feminine. i don't like it in the same way some women are trying too hard to look super sexy. the result is ridiculous.

i think you can always wear a pair of simple gumshoes, fitting jeans and top, and you would still look great without even trying. but i don't understand what's the point of wearing clothes that makes you twice less attractive?

but then again it's all relative i see

Edited by netcat

Guest Len B'stard

You didnt say that but then you didnt clearly say what you meant either or what about it made it unattractive, other than vague references to androgyny so i was left to intepret what you meant.

So you tell me, what about that, to your mind, nullifies her femininity?

Edited by sugaraylen

Ladies better be super thin if they want to pull that look off. You're good, Red. ;)

:kiss:

I think bow ties are tryhard as fuck. I do not like them at all. That's a personal thing, though. I know plenty of stylish guys who rock bow ties.

I'm generally not a fan either. But I have a gay friend who rocks a bow tie and looks like a complete dork in a regular tie. It takes a very unique individual to do a bow tie justice.

You didnt say that but then you didnt clearly say what you meant either or what about it made it unattractive, other than vague references to androgyny so i was left to intepret what you meant.

I concur. The main reason is because I find her incredibly feminine for the reasons aforementioned: hair, eyes, cheekbones, statuesque build and stance. The clothes contrast with that, but to me that is really modern. Jeans/trousers, tailored jacket, shirt and tie. Totally masculine in the generic nature, but put them on her (and they're wisely cut for her physique) and they can be nothing but feminine. Look at her eyes! That is so sexy. If she had big boobs it really wouldn't work, because a fitted shirt and tie doesn't work on big busted women, it totally upsets the balance. :lol: And again that's what makes it so interesting. She's undeniably feminine but in the least obvious way.

I have a navy blue one of them, bought it off www.beatwear.co.uk (shut upppp, I'm a Beatles fan alright? :lol:). Anyway, they're a pretty universal thing, ain't like they got Beatles written on em :lol: Wearing it now as a matter of fact :)

I've got a load of gear off Beatwear. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I love how every second joker on the internet has these amazing high standards and taste and look at the slightest thing in a woman (not talking about her up there cuz she's clearly gorgeous) and go 'eww' or 'gross' and all this when lets face it, you're average bloke doesn't REALLY have that exacting standards, least of all the average message board computer jockey, you see these perfectly gorgeous creatures like that one whoose arse folks was criticising the other day, i think her name was Kate Upton and i think it's worth pointing out that, how can i put this, have some of you looked in the fuckin' mirror lately? :lol: Everyones all polite in the fuckin' Pic Thread but quite honestly there are some fuckin' beast knocking about around here :lol: And thats not a diss to anyone, average people look average, it's just the way some of yous act like you got these fuckin' lofty standards when lets face it, a lot of you are the 'drunkest munter in the club before closing time' shaggers, you know it and I know it so lets try and bear that in mind in future :lol: And those are the ones that have nerve enough to even approach a girl without cacking their smalls.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I don't even know if thats who i was talking about to be honest, i have no idea who she is, all i remember is an arse :lol: Hudson, Upton, i dunno, i know all these names but i couldn't...put a face to em or tell you what they did for a living.

I love how every second joker on the internet has these amazing high standards and taste and look at the slightest thing in a woman (not talking about her up there cuz she's clearly gorgeous) and go 'eww' or 'gross' and all this when lets face it, you're average bloke doesn't REALLY have that exacting standards, least of all the average message board computer jockey, you see these perfectly gorgeous creatures like that one whoose arse folks was criticising the other day, i think her name was Kate Upton and i think it's worth pointing out that, how can i put this, have some of you looked in the fuckin' mirror lately? :lol: Everyones all polite in the fuckin' Pic Thread but quite honestly there are some fuckin' beast knocking about around here :lol: And thats not a diss to anyone, average people look average, it's just the way some of yous act like you got these fuckin' lofty standards when lets face it, a lot of you are the 'drunkest munter in the club before closing time' shaggers, you know it and I know it so lets try and bear that in mind in future :lol: And those are the ones that have nerve enough to even approach a girl without cacking their smalls.

Personally I'd smash the fuck out of that with a sledgehammer! She's fookin' mint!!!!! :lol:

I mever said anything bad about the one-eyed model on there.

Not my favourite style because I like more womanly shapes (edit: like Kate Upton) but I would.

3 lol smileys.

Edited by Thin White Duke

I've seen more people criticizing the "middle age cosmetics seller at the mall" kind of outfit than the model itself. Though I admit the fact that the model looks very young makes the look more interesting, in the sense that it's an unusual choice in young girls. Youn know, the other way around of what Ashba does.

But I basically agree with your post, and I already said the same in the Upton-gate.

Edit: 2 hugs, a Dizzy Reed and a popcorn smiley.

Edited by Thin White Duke

if you insist. i feel that the the colour scheme of the whole outfit is depressing. especially the shapeless baby poo jacket, that seems to be intentionally designed to hide all her female curves altogether with the shirt and trousers. overall, she looks dismal and it creates the illusion that if you rub her upper lip, you might see thin hipster mustache under the thick layer of powder

i suspect her stylist is either gay or a fat chick who secretly hates her cute slim girlfriend :lol:

Edited by netcat
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I hope you're not finding this line of questioning annoying, just curious what you mean. Where abouts on her do you see curves being masked? I mean its not as if what shes wearing is really airy, its pretty snug, if anything it seems well designed and fitted to her body type.

richard_simmons_flaming_thread.png

Arnie you're a Kurt Cobain fan, I wouldn't've thought you were the type to be so troubled by this kinda shit.

108ahyv.jpg

you either look good or you don't.

this girl could put almost anything she wanted on and she would still look good.

by contrast if you don't look good,

you can put on the most feminine, or expensive, or stylish or whatever on,

and you still don't look good, even more hideous for trying too hard

Edited by shades