Neckties, yay or nay?

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

Its amazing how many males on here regularly find it difficult to differentiate between a man and a woman, i aint never made a mistake about that shit to this day, i didnt realise it confused such a great many :lol:

• Like 1

Its amazing how many males on here regularly find it difficult to differentiate between a man and a woman, i aint never made a mistake about that shit to this day, i didnt realise it confused such a great many :lol:

You and me both.

edit: I knew that was a guy in that pic the whole time :awesomeface:

Edited by DR DOOM

I hope you're not finding this line of questioning annoying, just curious what you mean. Where abouts on her do you see curves being masked? I mean its not as if what shes wearing is really airy, its pretty snug, if anything it seems well designed and fitted to her body type.

im not annoyed at all :)

in my mind THIS is a waisted jacket

article-1168548-045AF39D000005DC-226_233

and THIS is a more feminine shirt. i can't be bothered finding proper trousers, but in my mind those white ones are pretty malformed.

212443307391978218_5PhqD6p5_c1.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

When you like big hairy dark guys, it's easier. :awesomeface:

Yeah, uh...more info than i needed actually mate but whatever works for ya :lol:

That's why I like it. I don't see why women have to dress all girly all the time? I love the fact that there is traditional 'conservatism' in the specific clothes themselves, but the fact that its being worn by a female makes it the opposite. I love that, the I love the contrast, the unexpectedness of it, the challenge to traditional ideals of beauty.

Tradition bores the crap out of me. Probably why I can't stand the tie and suit look unless there's something original about it, or cheeky or unique about it. :shrugs:

I actually like the way women look in "women's" suits.

I understand you're a designer....but I just think the girl in that pic just doesn't match....4 different colors....with the corduroy jacket...not my style....but to each, their own.

Something along these lines is a lot easier on the eyes, imo....

article-1168548-045AF39D000005DC-226_233

Or slightly more casual....

212443307391978218_5PhqD6p5_c1.jpg

Prior to my office adopting a more casual dress code a little over a year ago, these are a good example of what my work attire mainly consisted of, sans the tie of course. I will always prefer them on men. My challenge was to look professional yet still maintain my femininity -not deny it. I have tits, an ass and curves, which I choose to embrace. I don't look like a boy, I personally don't have a desire to dress like one. As orysys mentioned, accessories are our friend. A beautiful scarf, eye catching jewelry, or a sexy pair of shoes all compliment the look, but how the suit fits is a priority. I usually leaned more towards a fitted blazer over a pencil skirt or a great pair of trousers, instead of the usual ladies work suits, as finding one I liked was always more frustrating.

Anyway, I think Lith would agree, this thread needs more Don Draper, and less women with an identity crisis.

• Like 1

I am not very fond of the typical professional business attire for women which tends to hide their femininity.

And not in a unique or interesting way.

They all look the same and they all look like men. So sad.

I challenge everyone in the clothes and fashion industry to put an end to business women dressing as men! Make it stop! You can be a professional without trying to look like a man! You can be a professional and still be feminine!