At this point...Do we really need a new album?

I have a strange sixth sense with GNR n i truly believe Atlas is the next leak... loved the remixes n GD etc but we need a REAL AXL GNR song n i fully believe Atlas is next.

Was ALMOST on CD, BBF has licks n demos... itl come soon im dead certain of it.

A video came up the other day where Bumblefoot said Atlas Shrugged has not even been finished even though he played a different solo to Brian May's, it kinda shattered the illusion of the rumoured vault of songs.

I think it's an absolute must for the remainder of the Chinese era stuff to be released.

For me personally, Chinese is fantastic (and I still listen to it v often) but I think the fans need to hear all of these almost mythical titles we've heard about over the years in order to get some kind of closure on Chinese.

• Like 1

Agreed gavgnr ^

Not to mention how hyped up songs like Atlas, The General, Soul Monster & Seven were. If they just get swept under the rug in favor of whatever DJ fucking Ashba's been cooking up it will be an absolute travesty.

Edited by sofine11

When it comes to GNR a new album is the ONLY thing we need. There's no point in touring when Axl's voice is what it is. Even a reunion would be crap if Axl can't do justice to the old songs. A new album is the only thing that possibly could make GNR interesting again. And on that album there needs to be lots of songs where Axl sings with his low voice.

There's no guarantee that Axl's high pitch voice will ever be what it used to be again. So the setlist needs to be radically changed. The setlist needs lots of songs where Axl sings with his low voice. If GNR wants a bright future, that's really the only realistic scenario I can imagine at the moment.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time.

Why wouldn't I want another album from him?

Bon Jovi has released 12 studio albums of original material, Metallica and Def Leppard 9 albums. (Not including live albums, compilation albums, cover albums, etc).

Guns n Roses has released 4.

If GnR had 10 studio albums out there right now, including at least once since CD and maybe two, do you really think this forum would be so negative?

The only way for Axl to salvage the second half of his career is by releasing more albums. And not just one every 15 years.

Could new albums fail? Sure.

But at least he would be giving it a shot. Stepping up to the plate and taking a chance instead of just sitting on the sidelines coasting away and taking the easy way out.

I just watched a concert on Youtube where Axl apologizes to the crowd for playing so many new songs (I don't think Illusions had been released yet) and says something like "what would be the point of just playing appetite over and over, that would be like masturbation."

What happened to the fire of that guy?

Axl could still "win"...........he just needs to be willing to step up to the plate.