Best & Worst New Guns moment?

Best and Worst New Guns N Roses moment  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not saying that Rio was anything special vocally. I'm just saying it was better than today.

I agree it was a freakshow in Rio but there was an energy to the performance that is badly missing these days.

I hate it when people say BS like this. I see your 2002 line up and raise you classic guns. I could argue their hasn't been any "energy" or "fire" since 1993. Sure he came back to prove his old band wrong, but what energy did he have in 2002 that he doesn't have now? I say none, he lost his fire the day Slash quit, sad but true.

Seriously?

I can answer this one from personal experience. I saw the band in 2002 and in 2011. To say that there is no difference is just silly. I can only assume you haven't seen the band live?

I loved the 2011 show. But the 2002 show blew it out of the water. Axl was about 50 pounds lighter, was screaming his lungs out, and had that infamous "rasp" that people love to talk about.

That band in 2002 looked and felt dangerous, exciting and like something really special was going to happen.

Love the current band and Axl, but this group is entirely different. This group is like a well-oiled professional band full of paid musicians. That 2002 line-up brought almost the same intensity and excitement to the stage as the original group. Ashba doing hulk Hogan ears and the same "dance" moves at the same exact moments of songs at every show......just not the same.

this band made 3 mistakes back then.

1. performing under the name of gnr

2. their look (2 freaks with finck and bucket, 3 punks with axl, dizzy and stinson, 1 poprock looking guy with tobias, 1 hiphop/new rock looking guy with brain, and last but not least...pitman). it just made no sense. this band didn't look cool at all.

3. no album in 2001/2002.

Best would be January 1, 2001 without a doubt. Guns N' Roses was back, Axl was eager to perform, he played new songs, he played old songs, the band was great.
Worst would be Rio 2011. 10 years on from Rio '01, it's a damn shame what happened. The fire Axl had at Rio '91 and Rio '01 was gone by Rio '11. He sounded bad, looked bad. He looked as if he didn't want to be on the stage. It was really a disappointing show. A year from the passion and fire from 2010, was just gone. 2011 North American tour was on and off. But the nights he was on, man, was he on. It's just a shame, you'd hope he'd care more than he appears to.

What the hell happened to him before Rio 2011? That was the perfect moment to unleash something new or at least make an announcement, some firm and furious thing to set a precedent, instead we get a downward spiral and not one inkling of progression or intent except an old member coming back and two old songs.

What the hell happened to him before Rio 2011? That was the perfect moment to unleash something new or at least make an announcement, some firm and furious thing to set a precedent, instead we get a downward spiral and not one inkling of progression or intent except an old member coming back and two old songs.

Azoff.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that Rio was anything special vocally. I'm just saying it was better than today.

I agree it was a freakshow in Rio but there was an energy to the performance that is badly missing these days.

I hate it when people say BS like this. I see your 2002 line up and raise you classic guns. I could argue their hasn't been any "energy" or "fire" since 1993. Sure he came back to prove his old band wrong, but what energy did he have in 2002 that he doesn't have now? I say none, he lost his fire the day Slash quit, sad but true.

Seriously?

I can answer this one from personal experience. I saw the band in 2002 and in 2011. To say that there is no difference is just silly. I can only assume you haven't seen the band live?

I loved the 2011 show. But the 2002 show blew it out of the water. Axl was about 50 pounds lighter, was screaming his lungs out, and had that infamous "rasp" that people love to talk about.

That band in 2002 looked and felt dangerous, exciting and like something really special was going to happen.

Love the current band and Axl, but this group is entirely different. This group is like a well-oiled professional band full of paid musicians. That 2002 line-up brought almost the same intensity and excitement to the stage as the original group. Ashba doing hulk Hogan ears and the same "dance" moves at the same exact moments of songs at every show......just not the same.

As I have said many times, I saw the 2002 line up in Detroit and it was not a good show. Axl was bored/uninterested and ended the show early. The 2011 show at the same venue was a WAY better concert. But you all missed my point. We were talking about "fire" and "energy". You can sit here and say he had so much fire in 2002 because he would rant or whatever else, and now he doesn't. But my point is if he had as much fire as people claim, it wouldn't have taken him 15 years to release CD. If he had sooo much fire in 2002, the album would have come out then, or surely in 2006. My point? We have not seen Axl' old fire since the day Slash quit the band, it's fucking true!!! The 2002 Axl was a shell of the 1992 Axl, I don't care what anyone else says, you all look at that line up through rose colored glasses. I'm not just judgeing him based upon the one show I attended (even though it was not a good concert) I'm judging him upon everything, the canceled tour, no album, bad VMA's, the whole 9 yards. Axl was already showing signs of loosing it then, he was not the same man as he was in the early 90's.

Rio '11, but nobody other than the GNR following cared. So it's not that significant compared to other events.

In 2002 at the VMAs, everyone cared. A lot of people were still waiting to see what GNR had to offer. Axl had the opportunity to have people thinking 'You know what, this could actually fucking work'. But because of the performance, the only people that actually saw the pontential were those present in the venue. Everyone else turned their GNR radars off.

I didn't have the internet back then, and saw the VMAs on the TV (my first exposure to new GNR) - I thought it was pretty awesome (despite Axl's flubs)...Ozzy Osbourne said it was one of the most electric performances he has ever seen or something