Best & Worst New Guns moment?

Best and Worst New Guns N Roses moment  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

worst: the canceling of the remaining 2002 tour was huge...they were building momentum and then it was over and axl disappeared for years

best: i guess the release of cd...even though by the time it came out, all the steam was gone...but hearing new music finally was great, although "new" isn't really the appropriate word

Edited by Sixes

For best I voted Rio 2001 cause that was the first legit show from the new band so there was all this excitement as to what the future held, and the show itself had so much energy.

For worst I voted the Philly cancellation cause it happened right after the MSG show that was so incredible and made people really feel like Axl could make a legit comeback someday. After the Philly fiasco, nothing's really been the same. the rest of the 2002-2003 tour got scrapped, the 2006-2007 tour didn't have as much excitement, when CD finally came out nobody cared, and ever since the current line-up started touring people have been caring less and less each day. MSG 2002 was the peak in hype for NewGNR, and Philly ruined that.

The Best, I put rio 2001... The whole band was full of energy and Axl was on path to rule the music industry once again.

For worst, it's tough. I put Philadelphia being cancelled, had that show not been called off, the 2002 tour would've continued into 2003, the album probably would've been finished, buckethead and finck would've stayed, and by now we'd likely have more material out than we'd know what to do with. It's not the worst moment as in, at that moment it was awful, that would be bridge school. It's the worst in the fact that it lead to half of the awful moments. Had that not have happened, Bucket and Finck would still be in, Dj would've never joined, bridge school and rio 2011 probably would've turned out much better.

Best: Listening to Better for the first time, even in leaked form. My mind was blown. Meant more than any concert to me.

Worst: As a huge fan of the 02 lineup, the cancelled show and tour. I loved that band, and that was the end for Buckethead. :(

• Like 2

In terms of sheer excitement nothing, NOTHING, tops this.

Goddamn what a way to open a show, best intro ever and the excitement of seeing Axl for the first time in years was crazy. That band had something special, too bad Axl fucked it all up.

• Like 4

In terms of sheer excitement nothing, NOTHING, tops this.

Goddamn what a way to open a show, best intro ever and the excitement of seeing Axl for the first time in years was crazy. That band had something special, too bad Axl fucked it all up.

What a great night that was. I remember Axl being late actually allowed the tv channel to broadcast it in full. They used to just show the highlights and parts of the closing shows.

I recorded it and watched it every single day. Specially the new songs. I was just a kid... Big Oasis and GNR fan, what a night!

• Like 1

Rio 2001 should be on the worst list.

Watch pretty much any part of that show again and then look at where we are today. That line-up makes the current one look stale and boring as fuck.

agreed 100% but then as now, Axl is the weak link unfortunately

Watch pretty much any part of that show again and then look at where we are today. That line-up makes the current one look stale and boring as fuck.

agreed 100% but then as now, Axl is the weak link unfortunately

You are right. The funny thing is that Axl then looked weak because everyone was comparing him to when the last time he performed with the old line-up. Looking at it now and comparing it to current Axl he actually sounds good. That's how bad he is these days. It is sad.

Best: Rio '01, Hammerstein '06, LA '06, London Duff '10, L'Arc '10. I can (and do) watch boots of these shows for days on end.

Worst: Rio '11 and too much to name since (I won't include Bridge School because he was sick).

2010 had amazing acoustic shows.

2013 gave us this:

What a huge drop off from a year before:

Best: Rio '01, Hammerstein '06, LA '06, London Duff '10, L'Arc '10. I can (and do) watch boots of these shows for days on end.

Worst: Rio '11 and too much to name since (I won't include Bridge School because he was sick).

2010 had amazing acoustic shows.

2013 gave us this:

What a huge drop off from a year before:

he seems to always be able to pull off whole lotta rosie no matter the state of his voice for some reason

The Tokyo '09 Nightrain is one of my favourites just for those first couple of verses where Axl goes ridiculously high:

he seems to always be able to pull off whole lotta rosie no matter the state of his voice for some reason

That was prob the best Rosie from that year, though, a few months later he sounded like this:

Not terrible, but not as good as that Feb '12 video.

• Like 1

Nope, can't stand the freakshow. Bucket had the talent to redeem himself, but Finck sucked complete ass in every way possible. Axl's voice sucked every bit as bad as it does now if not worse. No sign of this imaginary power that people claim he had in '01. What the fuck was Pittman going for anyway? He sucks no matter what, but he sucked worse then. Fortus is way better than Paul live and the band was nowhere near as cohesive. Brain was better than Frank and there were new songs. That's all I can think of for positives. Edited by Damn_Smooth

Nope, can't stand the freakshow. Bucket had the talent to redeem himself, but Finck sucked complete ass in every way possible. Axl's voice sucked every bit as bad as it does now if not worse. No sign of this imaginary power that people claim he had in '01. What the fuck was Pittman going for anyway? He sucks no matter what, but he sucked worse then. Fortus is way better than Paul live and the band was nowhere near as cohesive. Brain was better than Frank and there were new songs. That's all I can think of for positives.

Every song seems like they were in a race to get to the end and Axl had no power. He did gain power back in 2002, but at Rio, he had none. And it was the first sign of the now patented out of breath routine he does on a nightly basis now

What's your Best & Worst New Guns Moment?

If it's not any of the ones I mentioned post your own

Hmm Best: i voted Rock am Ring 2006, but 2010 O2 was close

CD came out: hmm not in the right time so it was not the best part of Newgnr,imo

Worst: Bridge School worse than Rio 2011

Oh and btw Rio 2001 has a special vibe but Axl's voice sucked

Nope, can't stand the freakshow. Bucket had the talent to redeem himself, but Finck sucked complete ass in every way possible. Axl's voice sucked every bit as bad as it does now if not worse. No sign of this imaginary power that people claim he had in '01. What the fuck was Pittman going for anyway? He sucks no matter what, but he sucked worse then. Fortus is way better than Paul live and the band was nowhere near as cohesive. Brain was better than Frank and there were new songs. That's all I can think of for positives.

Every song seems like they were in a race to get to the end and Axl had no power. He did gain power back in 2002, but at Rio, he had none. And it was the first sign of the now patented out of breath routine he does on a nightly basis now

Which '02 shows showcase this power? I remember it being pretty evenly horrible throughout the whole failed tour. I saw them in November of '02 and the bootleg I have of the show is horrible.

Which '02 shows showcase this power? I remember it being pretty evenly horrible throughout the whole failed tour. I saw them in November of '02 and the bootleg I have of the show is horrible.

the show i saw at msg..axl had power...no rasp(that fucking term is a nuisance)...was in tune and not out of breath

but he def had power....now he's got nothing

the asian shows he was fine...i've not heard a boot from that tour when he didn't have power behind his voice...some nights, he was "off" but power was never the issue...at least, in the shows i went to or have heard