If there is a Guns N Roses reunion is it going to be Matt and Steven like at the Rock N Roll hall of fame

If they are going to have a reunion, is it going to be a tandem of Steven playing the pre Use Your Illusion stuff and then have Matt come out for everything else?

That is going to seem pretty weird

that is my only real concern about a reunion

It shouldn't be if Steven can play all the Use Your Illusion stuff. Steven missed out on UYI and probably would have been that guy in Snakepit and VR if he hadn't fucked things up. If he's in good shape, why should he miss out on half of everything especially given that he used to be the biggest champion for a reunion?

I don't think a reunion is happening ever, but speaking hypothetically, the drummer would be an issue. Steven is too consistently screwed up to handle it IMHO. There's a reason none of the other GnR guys have really worked with him post-GNR or invited him to be their regular drummer, even now that he's supposedly clean off and on. On the other hand if they went with Matt, Steven would completely melt down and jump off a bridge. So I could see them just staying with Frank.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

well if Axl is insisting on Frank, I can assure Slash is going to insist on Matt and Steve, or at least pretend to want Steve around but I am sure he is really hoping Matt is the ones who is gonna get the gig

well if Axl is insisting on Frank, I can assure Slash is going to insist on Matt and Steve, or at least pretend to want Steve around but I am sure he is really hoping Matt is the ones who is gonna get the gig

Exactly why a reunion wouldn't happen. There's too many things in the way.

1. Axl and Slash would have to actually talk.

2. Slash would have to apologize to Axl.

3. Axl would have you fire or put the new band on hold.

4. Axl would probably ask Team Brazil's opinion. They hate Slash as much as Axl does.

5. Axl, Slash, and Duff would have to agree to the terms of a reunion.... Yea, like that has ANY chance of happening. (Drummer, songs, where to tour, who gets how much, etc).

Too many things in the way. The RNRHOF was the closest we'll get to a reunion. Axl's made it clear many times it wont happen. He's supposedly the happiest he's ever been, so I don't know any reason why he'd give up on the new band.

• Like 1