The one that helped create some of the greatest albums ever released instead of the dumbass in a bucket that didn't do very much to help make a good record, for sure.

CD is one of the greatest albums ever released.

AFD is a PALE comparison to it.

I haven't listened to AFD or IYI in around 10 years, but I listen to CD at least once a week.

Lol @ people who think that it's quality just because it was a hit. I would take 30 seconds of BH's random soloing over the entire catalog of Slash.

The guy who helped write AFD,Lies, and the Illusions.

Izzy?

Slash couldn't write a song to save his life. You may get a passable string of notes put together in succession, but I'm surprised the guy even knows how to tune his guitar.

If he didn't have his stupid fucking hair and hat nobody would have cared about him. He would have just been Axl's guitar player on his first album.

Slash. Hands down.

Bucket is talented, no doubt, but his soulless, super shredding psychobabble is more suited to a solo thing like Joe Stump.

Slash has that bluesy, brilliantly melodic sound that is untouchable. It is far more suited to Axl's writing style. I also think that Axl's voice would benefit from songwriting with Slash again. It seems that Axl writes all these melodies on the piano for himself and the guitarists to play but when other people seemingly add random, although cool-sounding riffs, it becomes disjointed. Most of CD sounds to me like a bunch of people who have never worked together before and who have no idea what common vision they had, got together and just threw some songs together. It's not cohesive and has none of the heart and soul that prior albums did. There is emotion to Slash's playing that is poorly lacking in Bucket's superb annihilation of his guitar.

The one that helped create some of the greatest albums ever released instead of the dumbass in a bucket that didn't do very much to help make a good record, for sure.

I haven't listened to AFD or IYI in around 10 years, but I listen to CD at least once a week.

Lol @ people who think that it's quality just because it was a hit. I would take 30 seconds of BH's random soloing over the entire catalog of Slash.

Izzy?

Slash couldn't write a song to save his life. You may get a passable string of notes put together in succession, but I'm surprised the guy even knows how to tune his guitar.

If he didn't have his stupid fucking hair and hat nobody would have cared about him. He would have just been Axl's guitar player on his first album.

GTFO.

Izzy?

If he didn't have his stupid fucking hair and hat nobody have cared about him. He would have just been Axl's guitar player on his first album.

Where can I get some of what you're on?

• Like 1

Slash. Hands down.

Bucket is talented, no doubt, but his soulless, super shredding psychobabble is more suited to a solo thing like Joe Stump.

Slash has that bluesy, brilliantly melodic sound that is untouchable. It is far more suited to Axl's writing style. I also think that Axl's voice would benefit from songwriting with Slash again. It seems that Axl writes all these melodies on the piano for himself and the guitarists to play but when other people seemingly add random, although cool-sounding riffs, it becomes disjointed. Most of CD sounds to me like a bunch of people who have never worked together before and who have no idea what common vision they had, got together and just threw some songs together. It's not cohesive and has none of the heart and soul that prior albums did. There is emotion to Slash's playing that is poorly lacking in Bucket's superb annihilation of his guitar.

Izzy?

GTFO.

Izzy?

If he didn't have his stupid fucking hair and hat nobody have cared about him. He would have just been Axl's guitar player on his first album.

You can't buy Marijuana in your part of the world? Weird.

And Slash is so emotional? The guy hasn't learned a new lick in 30 years. He must be really passionate about guitar if he can't even learn anything new.

However, Slash is simple. So he's good for simple minds.

Simple minds, eh? I suppose you have several degrees, a lucrative career, and a new album due out any time now?

Strawman much?

No, but I have bachelor of arts in music and besides that I'm smart enough to know a better guitar player when I hear one.

I may not have an album coming out, but I know way more licks than Slash. That's why I find it amazing that so many people call this HACK a guitar god. I hear guys better than him playing at bars all the time.

Edited by Evil Ernie

Chinese Democracy is a terrible album. The worst of its kind, if there's a "kind" to put that album in.

Well I think that AFD is a terrible album. It's not as bad as some, but still pretty bad. I liked it when I was 14, but now I tend to look at it like when I used to like Ace of Base.

It's probably why I never play it.

• Like 1

Chinese Democracy is a terrible album. The worst of its kind, if there's a "kind" to put that album in.

Well I think that AFD is a terrible album. It's not as bad as some, but still pretty bad. I liked it when I was 14, but now I tend to look at it like when I used to like Ace of Base.

I don't think I said that you didn't have the right to not like AFD. That doesn't make CD any more good; basically because it's garbage.

Simple minds, eh? I suppose you have several degrees, a lucrative career, and a new album due out any time now?

Strawman much?

No, but I have bachelor of arts in music and besides that I'm smart enough to know a better guitar player when I hear one.

I may not have an album coming out, but I know way more licks than Slash. That's why I find it amazing that so many people call this HACK a guitar god. I hear guys better than him playing at bars all the time.

So, those of us with differing opinions are simple? You tear down Slash based on nothing but your almighty opinion and declare those of us who prefer Slash as 'simple minds'?

I don't think I said that you didn't have the right to not like AFD. That doesn't make CD any more good; basically because it's garbage.

AFD is hot garbage. The only good song is ISE. The lyrics on the entire record suck.

Strawman much?

So, those of us with differing opinions are simple? You tear down Slash based on nothing but your almighty opinion and declare those of us who prefer Slash as 'simple minds'?

Pretty Much.

And I tear down Slash based on his beginner level guitar playing.

Edited by Evil Ernie

AFD is hot garbage. The only good song is ISE. The lyrics on the entire record suck.

At least it has a good song. Chinese Democracy doesn't.

• Like 1

Maybe he's just a frustrated guitar player who knows more licks than Slash, plays better than Slash but is still trying to find a gig at his local bar. Sometimes stuff like that happen, and you simply hate others because of your own self-deception.

Maybe he's just a frustrated guitar player who knows more licks than Slash, plays better than Slash but is still trying to find a gig at his local bar. Sometimes stuff like that happen, and you simply hate others because of your own self-deception.

I just hate it when someone with musical talent just above William Hung becomes a revered guitarist.

Just keep on straw manning.

Edited by Evil Ernie

Slash. Hands down.

Izzy?

GTFO.

Izzy?

And Slash is so emotional? The guy hasn't learned a new lick in 30 years. He must be really passionate about guitar if he can't even learn anything new.

Meh, Axl has a better Bucket with him right now, no need to downgrade. Axl has never had a better Slash, because Finck and DJ suck major amounts of ass. Definitely will take Ron and Slash over Bucket and DJ every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Never had any weed that made me go full retard like that. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

Slash. Hands down.

Izzy?

GTFO.

Izzy?

Meh, Axl has a better Bucket with him right now, no need to downgrade. Axl has never had a better Slash, because Finck and DJ suck major amounts of ass. Definitely will take Ron and Slash over Bucket and DJ every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Never had any weed that made me go full retard like that.

I'll agree that Ron is a better overall guitarist than both of them (actually both of them put together), I don't like his writing as much though.