Shoes

Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard

Got myself some clean classics.

7b134c5b-363b-4af4-957f-38a2d5fdcd09.jpg

Are they meant to be like that? I want to do something to them, or put something on them. I'm so not used to the ultra simplicity of them. Sneakers are getting so out of control lately, I'm struck by the stark simplicity. I like it. But I think I would like them to be offered in a variety of colours. But that's kind of contradicting the point isn't it? :lol: Just don't wear them with a hospital uniform, otherwise they'll look like nurse shoes.

J/K.

Seen that Vans are doing some Star Wars ones... I may be tempted.

OMG! I love them! I'm not a Star Wars fan but if I was I would totally HAVE to have them. I love that each shoe is different. They're awesome! :awesomeface:

2a7adqq.jpg

I'd buy a pair if they had Luke Skywalker on one shoe and Princess Leah on the other. :D

Who are you and what have you done with Kim? :lol: Those are fucking dreadful!

• Like 1

Are they meant to be like that? I want to do something to them, or put something on them. I'm so not used to the ultra simplicity of them. Sneakers are getting so out of control lately, I'm struck by the stark simplicity. I like it. But I think I would like them to be offered in a variety of colours. But that's kind of contradicting the point isn't it? :lol: Just don't wear them with a hospital uniform, otherwise they'll look like nurse shoes.

J/K.

Seen that Vans are doing some Star Wars ones... I may be tempted.

OMG! I love them! I'm not a Star Wars fan but if I was I would totally HAVE to have them. I love that each shoe is different. They're awesome! :awesomeface:2a7adqq.jpg

I'd buy a pair if they had Luke Skywalker on one shoe and Princess Leah on the other. :D

Who are you and what have you done with Kim? :lol: Those are fucking dreadful!
Fuck off Len. They're awesome. I have a thing for printed imagery on clothing/accessories. Especially images that have a nostalgic aspect. :D Edited by Redhead74

£50 though, which is like $9999 Australian dollars?

No! That's A$90. The other half bought a standard pair of Vans last week and they were A$100, so think yourself lucky. :P

Your other half's a silly bugger. I can get Vans for 60 bucks for two pairs. Yikes a hundy!

We don't want seconds or fakes, thanks very much. :D

J/K.

Yeah they are meant to be like that. :lol: You've never seen a pair of Stan Smith's before? The classic model has a green heel, but mine are navy blue - I've never been a fan of green... I used to love colorful sneakers and have had a lot of Nike models in different colors, but I wanted something simple now. I Iike the simple look, especially for the summer. You just have to wear them with the right clothes...

adidas-stan-smith-returns.jpg

J/K.

Yeah they are meant to be like that. :lol: You've never seen a pair of Stan Smith's before? The classic model has a green heel, but mine are navy blue - I've never been a fan of green... I used to love colorful sneakers and have had a lot of Nike models in different colors, but I wanted something simple now. I Iike the simple look, especially for the summer. You just have to wear them with the right clothes...

adidas-stan-smith-returns.jpg

I generally don't wear anything that's all white (and I know there's like a slither of 'colour' there, but that doesn't count to me ;)) and given the profusion of colour that has been everywhere lately, not just in trainers/sneakers, an ALL WHITE shoe is kind of weird for me right now. I would never wear them myself but I am enjoying the stark simplicity. If I was required to wear them I'd wear them with something completely contradictory. Like a gorgeous, short, flowy, silk printed dress. But unfortunately they will always look better on a pair of suntanned legs, which I don't have..........oh well........ *sigh*

Kim jumped the shark. White Vans FTW.

No way!!!!! I will NEVER go white for the reasons aforementioned. Namely lack of suntanned legs. :lol:

I'm a ginger and in summer I like to wear short skirts and shorts. It's generally unhelpful when your foot blends into your leg and your foot looks double the size of a normal human caucasian foot because its wearing a white sneaker.

Does anyone else imagine DJ Ashba buying those Star Wars sneakers? They suit his poserism even if he doesn't even know who Princess Leah is. If you know what I mean.

And they go well with those hilariously witty Ashba t-shirts too. He should buy those too.

Edited by Thin White Duke

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Since I tore all the ligaments in my knee the doc said I need wear Clarks. So uncool.

Clarks are the epitomy of cool anywhere that ain't England. In the Carribean they swear by them. They have a huge following in America too, Lugz and Clark Wallabees were massive in the 90s. And like desert boots, they been huge recently, the original desert boot, the actual one, the proper ones were made by Clarks. Those and the Wallabees are literally the most popular shoe in the carribean, there's scores of reggae songs about em, you'll get robbed with a pair of those on your feet in Kingston.

Among the Jungle crowd too, in the 90s, Clarks were massive.

tumblr_n42ugeYUvv1rfj8gjo1_1280.jpg

CS1691581-02A-BIG.jpg

Can't stand Vans, Chuck Taylors, all that fuckin' horrible school boy plimsoll shit that Americans seem to love, fuckin' horrible.

Edited by Len B'stard

Since I tore all the ligaments in my knee the doc said I need wear Clarks. So uncool.

Clarks are the epitomy of cool anywhere that ain't England. In the Carribean they swear by them. They have a huge following in America too, Lugz and Clark Wallabees were massive in the 90s. And like desert boots, they been huge recently, the original desert boot, the actual one, the proper ones were made by Clarks. Those and the Wallabees are literally the most popular shoe in the carribean, there's scores of reggae songs about em, you'll get robbed with a pair of those on your feet in Kingston.

CS1691581-02A-BIG.jpg

Can't stand Vans, Chuck Taylors, all that fuckin' horrible school boy plimsoll shit that Americans seem to love, fuckin' horrible.

Went out to PA, saw Clarks of England @ the mall there... Yeah.

Clarks.

CS1691581-02A-BIG.jpg

Went out to PA, saw Clarks of England @ the mall there... Yeah.

Clarks.

Ya haffi wear Clarks booty inna Jamaica bred :lol: