Most insecure fanbases

bacardimayne

With Teeth, The Fragile and Year Zero are brilliant, I must've listened to them about 20 times over the last two years. I'm not listening to anything else by Reznor until I've heard 'em a couple more times, I really dig the different dynamics and themes and deliberate continuations running thru 'em. It's not for everyone's tastes but I'm here 4 the NINfanboyism.

I'm well aware that industrial is a subgenre/halfgenre of electronic music. I was not saying they covered a bunch of totally different generes. I was saying they no longer do industrial music - because they don't.

It would be the same as saying that because a band did a heavy metal album first, but they only did soft rock albums after that they're still a heavy metal albums because they are both subsets of rock music.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Len B'stard
I'm well aware that industrial is a subgenre/halfgenre of electronic music. I was not saying they covered a bunch of totally different generes. I was saying they no longer do industrial music - because they don't.

Sorry, what? OK, in short, industrial is a sub-genre of electronic music...and NINs range is reflected in the fact that they uh, did electronic music too? Can I have like 5 minutes and a glass of water or something cuz this is like, like the fuckin' Diamond Sutra or something, serious, there are buddhists up on mountains somewhere reciting that fuckin' proposition like a mantra to clear their fuckin' minds with :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Sorry, what? OK, in short, industrial is a sub-genre of electronic music...and NINs range is reflected in the fact that they uh, did electronic music? Can I have like 5 minutes and a glass of water or something cuz this is like, like the fuckin' Diamond Sutra or something, serious, there are buddhists up on mountains somewhere reciting that fuckin' proposition like a mantra to clear their fuckin' minds with :lol:

No one is arguing their range. You're making up arguments with yourself. I simply said that they don't do industrial music anymore - THEY DON'T. Jesus, how thick are you?

Does this sound like industrial metal to you?

Guest Len B'stard

I hear what you're saying Forsaken but honestly, the kids needs to be a littttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttle less sensitive if he's gonna waltz around being as big a comedian as he likes to try and be :lol:

I hear what you're saying Forsaken but honestly, the kids needs to be a littttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttle less sensitive if he's gonna waltz around being as big a comedian as he likes to try and be :lol:

You're unbearably hypocritical. Complaining about me "following you" around the forum whenever we get into an argument even though I was already in the thread. Yet here you are piling on about a band you admit you have no knowledge of just so you can call me a wanker 70 times.

Give it a rest dude. What are you even trying to prove?

If you want to have an actual discussion about music here I'm all for it. But you're just being a jerk.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Len B'stard
No one is arguing their range. You're making up arguments with yourself. I simply said that they don't do industrial music anymore - THEY DON'T. Jesus, how thick are you?

Does this sound like industrial metal to you?

I love how ratty you get when someone takes the piss out of you :lol: Call it what it is now, you leapt up at the mention of NIN being Industrial, stated that they'd moved on and then made a list of 'genres' and i use the term fucking loosely, that they moved onto...but then when you realised thats a crock of shit cuz you couldn't justifiably call those shits genres unless you were a pituary retard, you switched to 'well i didn't say they went to lots of other genres, i just said they moved on', well moved on to what, retired and decided to be fuckin' cow-hands, moved onto other genres and styles right, hence the list.

And I'm thick? Well OK then educate me youngster, help the fuckin' aged over here, tell me about the new fresh contemporary sounds of uh...uh...Nine Inch Nails? Oh yeah, that Industrial band from the 80s, wow man, i can't keep up with all these changes, they're just flippin' it day after day...from Industrial, to electronic...to electronic keyboard pop...to experimental electronic...to uh, glitch itch flaky scalp electronic.

Damn man, the world done changed on me :lol:

Broski you're not making a good case for NIN being a secure fan base man.

I'm not following you. Some guy comes into the thread and throws a bunch of insults my way whilst bringing up NIN out of nowhere so I replied. Really all there is to it. :shrugs:

I know you just like to listen to old NIN tracks on drugs as you've told me in the past, but that doesn't change the fact that they don't do industrial metal records anymore.

Show me one example of an industrial metal song released since With Teeth. Like, maybe you could argue Survivalism but beyond that?

I just think it's funny that people will call classicgnr, "buttrock" or many other derogatory comments, yet will sit here and praise Trent when his music is JUST AS DATED as gnr. Well I guess technically speaking gnr are a few years a head of NIN. But NIN still haven't done anything worth a damn since the mid 90's. But last time I checked, the year is 2014, so anything from the 90's is just as open for ridicule as anything from the 80's or earlier.

All I'm saying is don't attack other people's music, if you are going to get all "butthurt" when someone attacks yours. Level playing field folks...

On a personal note, anyone that praises "music" that is "noises and glitches" has zero room to criticize ANYTHING....

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

You're unbearably hypocritical. Complaining about me "following you" around the forum whenever we get into an argument even though I was already in the thread. Yet here you are piling on about a band you admit you have no knowledge of just so you can call me a wanker 70 times.

Give it a rest dude. What are you even trying to prove?

If you want to have an actual discussion about music here I'm all for it. But you're just being a jerk.

Oh shut the fuck up, an actual discussion, what with you? Mr post a thousand smileys in umpteen fuckin' posts trying to slick, to 'Len posting about music is an automatic fail' and etc etc blah blah blah all up and down this forum...alls I'm doing is what you do back to you and now all of a sudden you wanna have an 'actual discussion', yeah right :lol:

Whats the matter baby boy, don't like it when the pensioners talk back? :lol: Fuck you man, you're a clown, you're all high and mighty when you're blathering on ad infinitum about dadrock this and lolbuttrock and lolriff shit (which i don't even know why I'm standing up for cuz i don't like that shit neither :lol:), i just find it hilairious how quickly your sense of humour goes for walkies when you get a bit of piss-taking thrown your way, I guess a thick skin develops with age huh? :lol:

But seriously, you've been great in this thread man, really brilliant, give yourself a hand, you sound like my little 9 yr old niece when she tries to pretend she ain't been crying :lol:

I'm not following you. Some guy comes into the thread and throws a bunch of insults my way whilst bringing up NIN out of nowhere so I replied. Really all there is to it. :shrugs:

Sit down weenie, sit down, even the NIN say you're embarassing them, sit down, shhh, shhhh :lol:

Why don't you re-read the thread. I wasn't listing a bunch of genres. Those are all really subgenres of the same genre of music. Like I already said.

I was simply saying they don't do industrial angst rock anymore - this is a fact. You can keep on going in circles all you want here, but it's not going to change anything.

To sum it up - I am not trying to argue that they have radically changed their sound to jazz or anything. I am not trying to argue that The Downward Spiral isn't their most successful album.

I'm simply saying it's not my favorite stuff they've done and it's not the stuff I'm referencing when I talk about the music I like. It's all down to personal opinion and I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to like it. I'm just saying what I like and why I like it. That's all. :shrugs:

Edited by Broskirose

I just think it's funny that people will call classicgnr, "buttrock" or many other derogatory comments, yet will sit here and praise Trent when his music is JUST AS DATED as gnr. Well I guess technically speaking gnr are a few years a head of NIN. But NIN still haven't done anything worth a damn since the mid 90's. But last time I checked, the year is 2014, so anything from the 90's is just as open for ridicule as anything from the 80's or earlier.

All I'm saying is don't attack other people's music, if you are going to get all "butthurt" when someone attacks yours. Level playing field folks...

On a personal note, anyone that praises "music" that is "noises and glitches" has zero room to criticize ANYTHING....

But again, I'm not really talking about the stuff they released in the 90s when I reference them. I'm talking about the records they've done from 2007 onward for the most part.

Not to say I don't like the older material. It's just not my favorite.

So I'm mainly talking about music released in the last 7 years. Not the 80s or 90s.

I'm not sure why people are having difficulty grasping this?

Guest Len B'stard

But again, I'm not really talking about the stuff they released in the 90s when I reference them. I'm talking about the records they've done from 2007 onward for the most part.

So I'm mainly talking about music released in the last 7 years. Not the 80s or 90s.

Broski are you OK man? Seriously, you can take a minute y'know, go off, have a few laps around your backyard or something, get some fresh air? You seem kinda irritable, are you getting enough fibre in your diet and everything? Kinda worried about you man :D

So uh...sorry, explain the bit about how you weren't saying they did a bunch of genres again? :D

Ok. I'll try, but you just keep on throwing out insults, ignoring the facts, and warping the reality of what has occurred in this thread so it's a little hard.

I was simply saying that they do not do industrial metal albums anymore. I was not saying they radically switched genres. They pioneered industrial - yes. I'm not saying they didn't.

All I'm saying is that they don't make that kind of music anymore. Why this is bothering you so much, I really have no clue.

Broski are you OK man? Seriously, you can take a minute y'know, go off, have a few laps around your backyard or something, get some fresh air? You seem kinda irritable, are you getting enough fibre in your diet and everything? Kinda worried about you man :D

How exactly does anything in that post come off as irritable? Like...can you just quote the sentence from that post that makes me come off as irritable?

Again, if you want to have an actual discussion I'm all for it. But you're just throwing insults around and being immature.

Guest Len B'stard
Ok. I'll try, but you just keep on throwing out insults, ignoring the facts, and warping the reality of what has occurred in this thread so it's a little hard.

Awwww, come gimme a hug ya big galoot :lol:

I was simply saying that they do not do industrial metal albums anymore. I was not saying they radically switched genres. They pioneered industrial - yes. I'm not saying they didn't.

Oh, now they pioneered Industrial? Well thats a new one on me. I'll tell you what, since you need to revise your statements as you go along in regards to what you were saying I'm not even gonna address that until you've had a chance to really really settle on that as your position, they pioneered Industrial music yeah? Quite sure about that? :lol:

I know you just like to listen to old NIN tracks on drugs as you've told me in the past, but that doesn't change the fact that they don't do industrial metal records anymore.

Show me one example of an industrial metal song released since With Teeth. Like, maybe you could argue Survivalism but beyond that?

I mean don't get so riled up by Len. I always thought it was weird when people post a slew of YouTube videos like 'SEE. THEYRE GOOD.' No one ever watches the videos and it's obvious Len doesn't care anyways.

As far as industrial goes it's just incorporated into their music. To me it's an infusion of punk, rock, and electronic music, and you can hear that on any NIN record.

And trust me, I know NIN has spread out in the genre and done some trance, some dance, some fairly straight forward rock and pop. But I wouldn't think it would be strange for someone to call them an industrial group.

And I disagree with whoever is comparing GNR to NIN in terms of 'dad rock'. Although NIN and GNR did come to form around the same time. (NIN released Pretty Hate Machine two years after AFD, and then The Downward Spiral a year before UYI I think) I don't think it's fair to call them both dated.

NIN was a lot a lot a lot more progressive in the early 90s than GNR. GNR was just doing Aerosmith and The Stones, while NIN was freshening up a still fairly young genre of music. They haven't aged the same way, and I don't think The Downward Spiral can be held to the same standards of being 'dated' as AFD, simply because AFD was already dated the day it came out. It was a rock n roll revival type thing, while NIN was a progressive 90s act in the vein of The Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead.

I mean Joy Division was kicking back in the late 70s, but they aren't exactly 'dated' like some of the other groups from that time because they were a really interesting and progressive band.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

You can like the current stuff all you want, that's your choice. But bottom line is the NIN new stuff is just as classic as CD. Which what I'm saying is NONE of them are classics. CD may be someone's favorite gnr album, but the majority of the public could give a rats ass less about it. That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's not going to stand the test of time. Which was all I was saying. The NIN music that will be remembered decades from now was all released in the 90's or perhaps even earlier. Not the "noises and glitches" that you are defending. So while they might seem like an interesting and exciting band to you, you have to understand that to THE MAJORITY they are not the far away from a nostolgia circuit. Most people would have trouble naming 5 NIN songs I bet. Luckily they do have a pretty solid following, so that keeps HIM going, but to be honest they are only few years away from a Vegas Residency of their own I bet.

Guest Len B'stard
How exactly does anything in that post come off as irritable?

The continued protestations about why people aren't getting what you're saying, the repeating of the same thing over and over again to try and gloss over how silly you've made yourself look, the 'i'm just trying to have a serious discussion' card when you're like an arch piss-taker all up and down the forum, all these things kinda paint a sort of irritable bowel syndrome caricature, if I may say so...and if i may not well fuck you cuz i just did :D

Seriously man, where's the famous Broski wit gone :lol:

You can like the current stuff all you want, that's your choice. But bottom line is the NIN new stuff is just as classic as CD. Which what I'm saying is NONE of them are classics. CD may be someone's favorite gnr album, but the majority of the public could give a rats ass less about it. That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's not going to stand the test of time. Which was all I was saying. The NIN music that will be remembered decades from now was all released in the 90's or perhaps even earlier. Not the "noises and glitches" that you are defending. So while they might seem like an interesting and exciting band to you, you have to understand that to THE MAJORITY they are not the far away from a nostolgia circuit. Most people would have trouble naming 5 NIN songs I bet. Luckily they do have a pretty solid following, so that keeps HIM going, but to be honest they are only few years away from a Vegas Residency of their own I bet.

I was never arguing that their newer stuff is more well known then their classic stuff.

However if you look at album charting they've released two albums after TDS that did better, one that did the same and their latest album just came in one spot lower.

And, they are generally considered one of the greatest live bands around. They are nowhere near close to Vegas recidencies and Trent would just retire before it came to that. But the arenas I saw them in this fall looked pretty packed to me.

Guest Len B'stard

I was never arguing that their newer stuff is more well known then their classic stuff.

However if you look at album charting they've released two albums after TDS that did better, one that did the same and their latest album just came in one spot lower.

And, they are generally considered one of the greatest live bands around. They are nowhere near close to Vegas recidencies and Trent would just retire before it came to that. But the arenas I saw them in this fall looked pretty packed to me.

Of course man, NINs are all over the streets, what do these old farts know about that fresh sounds of...uh, 1987 :lol:

Awwww, come gimme a hug ya big galoot :lol:

Oh, now they pioneered Industrial? Well thats a new one on me. I'll tell you what, since you need to revise your statements as you go along in regards to what you were saying I'm not even gonna address that until you've had a chance to really really settle on that as your position, they pioneered Industrial music yeah? Quite sure about that? :lol:

Umm yeah, they did? They're the most successful industrial act and helped bring it to the mainstream. This is common knowledge.

Oh Edit (didn't actually post yet): I should have clarified "industrial rock". Not industrial in general. My bad.

I mean don't get so riled up by Len. I always thought it was weird when people post a slew of YouTube videos like 'SEE. THEYRE GOOD.' No one ever watches the videos and it's obvious Len doesn't care anyways.

As far as industrial goes it's just incorporated into their music. To me it's an infusion of punk, rock, and electronic music, and you can hear that on any NIN record.

And trust me, I know NIN has spread out in the genre and done some trance, some dance, some fairly straight forward rock and pop. But I wouldn't think it would be strange for someone to call them an industrial group.

And I disagree with whoever is comparing GNR to NIN in terms of 'dad rock'. Although NIN and GNR did come to form around the same time. (NIN released Pretty Hate Machine two years after AFD, and then The Downward Spiral a year before UYI I think) I don't think it's fair to call them both dated.

NIN was a lot a lot a lot more progressive in the early 90s than GNR. GNR was just doing Aerosmith and The Stones, while NIN was freshening up a still fairly young genre of music. They haven't aged the same way, and I don't think The Downward Spiral can be held to the same standards of being 'dated' as AFD, simply because AFD was already dated the day it came out. It was a rock n roll revival type thing, while NIN was a progressive 90s act in the vein of The Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead.

I mean Joy Division was kicking back in the late 70s, but they aren't exactly 'dated' like some of the other groups from that time because they were a really interesting and progressive band.

Respectuflly no.

Just because you like them doesn't mean they are what they are, a DATED 90's band. I'm just calling a spade a spade. I love Pearl Jam, but they are also a dated 90's band. It is what it is. When a decade or more has passed since an artist has released anything that people really liked, then they are on the fast track to the nostolgia circuit. You all can defend them to you are blue in the face, but it's true. To the VAST majority of the music buying/stealing public, NIN are the band that does that song "fucking like an animal" because most people don't even know the name of the damn song. I'm sorry to rain on your NIN's parade, but it's true. They are living off of their following, not getting new fans. When a band is doing this, they are on the fast track to the nostolgia circuit.